The Black Gate Champ Spawn *Spoiler Thread*

Comments

• What's the participation and final rewards?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2020
    Recall/gate to/from beach area (or the dirt south of the grass).
    Cannot recall out of grass area. 

Hopefully someone else will be kind enough to post the tier creatures and the rewards.

The Black Gate itself looks pretty damn good.
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited October 2020
    Its not on on Lake superior!  @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk ;

There is no Altar in the grass area.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Wave 1 - Orcs and Orc Mages
    Wave 2 - Ogre Lords and Gargoyles
    Wave 3 - Fire Elementals and Stone Elementals
    Wave 4 - Fetid Essences and Vile Mages
    Boss - Batlin

Final Reward is a Talisman:

Resist is random.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited October 2020
    Batlin's inner voice, talisman. HPR 2 SR3 MR2 DCI 10 resist 10 (mine is physical resist but I believe that's random)

Very difficult to use slayers. First wave orcs, second gargoyles & ogre lords, 3rd stone elemental & fire elemental (renowned) 4th fetid essence & [name] the vile mage Champion Batlin. 

Just completed a second on Europa. My character got a system message 'you have already received a reward for this encounter'
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited October 2020

He has a fun abscess breath attack. 

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Oh Batlin also has corrupted life leech aura, so be careful fellow warriors
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Khyro said:
    Wave 1 - Orcs and Orc Mages
    Wave 2 - Ogre Lords and Gargoyles
    Wave 3 - Fire Elementals and Stone Elementals
    Wave 4 - Fetid Essences and Vile Mages
    Boss - Batlin

Final Reward is a Talisman:

Resist is random.

Thanks for sharing! Looks cool and I'll get one or two. But I'm not really sure what template I'd use it for.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Thanks for sharing. Any pics of champs HP / skills?
    My pet may have used Conductive Blast on it:

How long is the timer before we can start again.  Been way longer than 10 Min.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Batlin is ROUGH but we did it on Origin. The graphic for the talisman is really cool.

Sad that we can only do it once...well I guess we can do it more but for what? More of those cool blue cubes I guess! :)

Very nice addition, I liked it a lot! 

Looks like Batlins Resists are:

Had tons of ppl there Batlin didn't kill anyone but the Fetid blobs do.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    once per acct is a downer...
  • What's the red crystals for(off stone eles and red mages)? Gives you a point for unknown dungeon.
    Is the spawn density working for small and large groups?  We get over 100 Orge Lords at once.  Its pretty funny to see so many in one place.  Then run in further and see 100 more.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Timer def seems to be very long.... I've been waiting 15min and still hasn't popped.
  • keven2002 said:
    Timer def seems to be very long.... I've been waiting 15min and still hasn't popped.

I haven't done the spawn yet, only checked it out briefly. Perhaps it needs to be popped with valor like other spawns?
    It needs valor to pop.  It is just a long timer.
  • IviannaIvianna Posts: 28
    Thank you, this is very good information!
    It seems you can get the Talisman from killing the green essence things he spawns and not hitting the Boss.

I got a msg that I could not get it again, I was just killing the blobs, I did not hit Boss.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    It seems you can get the Talisman from killing the green essence things he spawns and not hitting the Boss.

I got a msg that I could not get it again, I was just killing the blobs, I did not hit Boss.
    Does the Talisman drop in the backpack or does one need to loot it from the kill's corpse ?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Does the Talisman drop in the backpack or does one need to loot it from the kill's corpse ?
    Its a pack drop.
    I was actually full and i had to put my loot bag in my beetle to get it.
    As soon as there was room, it went into my bag.
  • How exactly do they expect the people who play a sampire on dead servers to complete this? Making the stone elemental stuns makes it impossible to move the spawn
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
     Kickstand said:
    How exactly do they expect the people who play a sampire on dead servers to complete this? Making the stone elemental stuns makes it impossible to move the spawn
    It's actually their intention to make this spawn non sampire friendly:

Khyro said:
    Oh Batlin also has corrupted life leech aura, so be careful fellow warriors

• Aragorn said:
    It's actually their intention to make this spawn non sampire friendly:
    So screw the people who don't play mages or tamers on a dead server because they like to play alone? Sounds awesome!
  • They already have a limitation to 1 drop per account so there should be no reason as to why one can't do this alone on a sampire...
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Kickstand said:
    They already have a limitation to 1 drop per account so there should be no reason as to why one can't do this alone on a sampire...
    Its a champ spawn and boss you shouldn't be able to do it alone...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    You aren't seeing it from my prospective...if the devs goal is to make these event things difficult to do alone then why don't they combine the shards...Currently that's not the case...Therefore it should be achievable by any template that one person wishes to play...
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2020
    McDougle said:
    Kickstand said:
    They already have a limitation to 1 drop per account so there should be no reason as to why one can't do this alone on a sampire...
    you know people do solo the roof

i have to agree with Kickstand if the reward is 1 per account, it shouldn’t limit you what type of build you want to play. if you make it difficult for sampire, make it difficult for tamer where pet will go wild or for mage where summons will be eaten as well.