Command Undead Necro Mastery totally useless for pets disappearing. Can you please fix it ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
This Necromancy Mastery is pretty much useless as it is.

Way too much easiness for pets to vanish all of a sudden for no reason.

Can you please fix it ?

Why should Necromancy loose a Mastery like that ?

Thanks.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    This issue has already been reported (June 2018)
    (#2)

khyro came out with a crazy suggestion of a 5 min timer before the follower logs out.
    Khyro: "My proposed fix was to add a 5 minute grace period before necro mastery pets would disappear. This would give you time to recover from a disconnect/crash,"

Crazy crazy crazy

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2020
    I think that it is crazier that an important skill like Necromancy does not have a valid Mastery that one can use....

I mean, what is the point to have the ability to Command Undeads if they then vanish into think air so easily ?

Not to mention, that "supposedly" one should be able to command 2 Skeletal Dragons (2 slots each)..... too bad that, this is basically impossible since, in order to get a second one the 1st needs to be "parked" some place in another sub-server in order for a 2nd one to spawn and then, in that short meantime that the Necromancer goes to get the 2nd one, the 1st one vanishes....

This Necromancy Mastery, as it stands, is of no pratical use to my viewing, I am afraid.

Other Masteries are way more usefull and worth using.

Also, @Bleak and @Kyronix , if this issue was reported in June 2018 as first, as I am understanding, now we are 1 day short for October 2020 so, 2 Years have gone by without this quite important issue for all players playing a Necromancer having been addressed.... could you please kindly finally look into it ?

If you want to have Command Undead as a valid Necromancy Mastery, then please make it work that one gets 1 or 2 Undead pets and they STAY, they do not vanish all of a sudden for whatever oddity....

Also, please, make it so that after a Necromancer gets to command a Skeletal Dragon, another one would spawn without the Necromancer having to take the 1st one to another sub-server in order to have a 2nd Skeletal Dragon to spawn....

Thanks.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    You know there are places where 2+ spawn at a time, in a very small room?
    Norry said:
    You know there are places where 2+ spawn at a time, in a very small room?
    @Norry

Nope, I do not.

Where would that place be if I may ask ?
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Khaldun tram side, there were 2+ in there, east of where khal ankur spawn was.

Try to look around and explore more.
    edited October 2020
    Just tamed another Skeletal Dragon, told it to stay right outside of a Dungeon entrance (was safe, no hostiles in range at all) and entered in the dungeon alone, stealthing, to see what it was inside before taking the Skeletal Dragon along, went right away back outside (I was in for like only 1 second...), and, sure enough, my Skeletal Dragon was gone for good, my follower slots were back to 0 .....

And no, it was NOT attacked and killed in that 1 second because neither it was a time long enough for that, nor I got any message of that kind.

It just "poofed"....

Please, PLEASE @Kyronix , @Bleak , fix this disappearing pets' bug for the Command Undead Necromancy Mastery because, as it is, it makes this Mastery of no real practical use for Necromancers...

Why have it at all if we cannot use it ?

And please, make it so that, when Commanding a Skeletal Dragon from the Rats Cave in Ilshenar, another one would spawn without the need to take the one under the player's Command Undead control to another sub-server so that the Necromancer can get a pair while being there, already.

And, please, remove the leash to the Skeletal Dragon that spawns in Doom... make it so that a Necromancer can use the Command Undead on that Skeletal Dragon too and take it elsewhere.

Thank you SO much.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    You have to be on the same server as your commanded pet as soon as you entered the dungeon and left your "pet" outside it will dissapear. You can avoid this by releasing it instead and then retame it when you need to use it. Ive had skeleton dragons outside my house for 2 days that Ive used several times.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    thanks for the suggestions on the workarounds for the problem, however the summons do still dissapear when changing server. This is the bug that needs to be fixed.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Chrille said:
    You have to be on the same server as your commanded pet as soon as you entered the dungeon and left your "pet" outside it will dissapear. You can avoid this by releasing it instead and then retame it when you need to use it. Ive had skeleton dragons outside my house for 2 days that Ive used several times.
    Well, thank you for the work around, I will try it out yet, I'd LOVE for the Developers to find a permanent fix to this annoying issue that can render a Necromancy Mastery pretty much useless....
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    edited October 2020
    Mervyn said:
    thanks for the suggestions on the workarounds for the problem, however the summons do still dissapear when changing server. This is the bug that needs to be fixed. 
    Trying to leave it on another server doesnt work and that was what I wrote.

They can dissapear when changing server but it isn't that common if you don't are in a hurry and instead command your follower to follow you before you change server.

To get 2 dragons it might be easier to release the first one at a safe location instead of dragging it with you when you go for the second one.