Incentives/Enticements to play the new UO Legacy Shard

2»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2020
    popps said:
    To my understanding, the New Legacy Shard will still be playable with the Classic and Enhanced Client.

That I know of, 3rd Party are being used on the current Shards by some players for script farming, various script PvP benefits, speed hacking, PvP target sharing, skills training, etc. etc. etc.

So, I do not see why they should not work with the New Legacy Shard which will use the same one Clients...

Well, I am not sure if they would work, but the question is how much different is Legacy vs regular shards? Without seeing the real thing, we are all guessing.

My guess is that it should not be anything close to existing, not another classic or Siege.

The data stream, character sheet, skills system, etc could be much different from existing. They are probably going to update the CC and EC to adapt to the new and old shards. Things may get broken with each update, esp. if the original dev for the 3rd party such as uoassist do not update their sw.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    E**y UO and all the scripts will work with it right?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Currently I train mostly up to the grandmaster level.  I don’t have anything close to the amount of gold needed to buy legendary tactics or resist spells scrolls.  If this new shard does not provide an alternative for getting to the legendary level why would I play on it?

Also, at the end of the year at what level will these players be?  If it is grandmaster, they will face the same frustration with the game that I do: not enough gold to buy the stuff they need, not enough of the good stuff for sale on vendor search (except Atlantic), and not much of anything of use to the advancing player for sale at the official Ultima Online Store.  Honestly, if you could resolve the issues in this paragraph you would not need a new shard.

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    Arnold7 said:

not enough of the good stuff for sale on vendor search (except Atlantic)

Atlantic may have the most best stuff on vendor but you can't search them. On other shards you can search them but there is no good stuff for you to search. Sorry, don't mean to bring vendor search issue to every post please ignore. 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Mervyn said:
    They want new/returning people, not the dregs left at the bottom of the barrel that currently populate the live shards.
    So true.  You and I will hold the fort down and place lit candles in the windows so they may fine a way home to UO.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:
    I wouldn't worry, I'm not sure the current players would be all that welcome there. They want new/returning people, not the dregs left at the bottom of the barrel that currently populate the live shards.
    You are the one that has been clamoring for a Fel shard.  That's what they made.

It is not a Felucca shard, it is a Trammel shard (consensual pvp war mode on/off). The concept can really only work if it is a Felucca shard, that is what brings back the history, the nostalgia, the danger, the excitement.

Playing UO Sims City or UO Candyland, really only appeals to the over 60's, the kids wants excitement, like we used to have pre Trammel. They want UO Fortnite, or UO Call of Duty, or UO Rocket League.

UO has become a game where the adults have crushed the life out of it, and made it mechanical and far too long winded.

It does need simplifying for sure, a lot of the Devs concepts are things I think could be a good idea, but water it down too much, and it's just not exciting for the major audience.

I think a new race, with all of its weapons and armour is a really bad idea, that is partly what has caused all the over-complication in the current game, the game moves on, leaving billions of legacy items in the past that have no real meaning in the game, and races, quests, professions get forgotten about as the game moves onwards.

Simplifying crafting, simplifying pvp, simplifying everything is what needs to happen, so many of the systems are just way out there. Greater Reforged anyone? WTH.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2020
    Cookie said:

It is not a Felucca shard, it is a Trammel shard (consensual pvp war mode on/off). The concept can really only work if it is a Felucca shard, that is what brings back the history, the nostalgia, the danger, the excitement.

And the days of everyone quitting UO and moving to games like Diablo that had killing monsters.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2020
    Cookie said:
    The concept can really only work if it is a Felucca shard, that is what brings back the history, the nostalgia, the danger, the excitement....

Simplifying crafting, simplifying pvp, simplifying everything is what needs to happen, so many of the systems are just way out there. Greater Reforged anyone? WTH.

Agree 100%, simplify it make it fun to fight war and less worrying about what items we lose, no grinding to collect gears or alot of crafting (none is best). Its going to get wiped each year, that is the catch.

My dream is a TC setting + Covetous Pool, equip all I can get for free, go in fight and get points or ranking. End of year, best guild get some major arties that can be posted back to our own shard.

• Skill gain is an important aspect of the game. Maybe some skills can be made slightly easier but a TC style will just destroy the game.

I really hope most skills are not made easier only the harder ones like Animal Taming but even that I wouldn't want to see much easier if at all.
    edited September 2020
    Skill gain is an important aspect of the game. Maybe some skills can be made slightly easier but a TC style will just destroy the game.

I really hope most skills are not made easier only the harder ones like Animal Taming but even that I wouldn't want to see much easier if at all.

Yeah, even if its not TC style, it has to be much easier than production shard. Otherwise I cannot imagine doing retraining every year after the shard is wiped. Considering this, I really would not mind TC style at all because to me training is just means to an end. But as long as the reward is good enough, I think most players would not mind some time training.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Seth said:
    Skill gain is an important aspect of the game. Maybe some skills can be made slightly easier but a TC style will just destroy the game.

But as long as the reward is good enough, I think most players would not mind some time training.

That's what I'm interested to see for Legacy is the "reward". It's tough to say what they will/should be given things should be more simple right? Example would be that I wouldn't expect legendary gear to even exist with all the mods if we are going back to a "simple" time. So that being said, since we end up transferring to a live shard at the end, what will be the type of rewards that would make things simple yet rewarding?? Not sure I have any thoughts on that yet.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    What is actually the problem with fel now? 
    Considering there is item insurance 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited September 2020
    Mervyn said:
    What is actually the problem with fel now? 
    Considering there is item insurance 
    For a persistent world, I think its necessary. Insurance is good, so that everyone can fight knowing he would not lose his legendary and rare equipment. 

Again, the fact Legacy is wiped each year, I think makes alot of difference. We don't have years to gather those rare pieces for one fight and then lose it.

For the current Fel, I believe the pvp thread has other issues related to mechanics of the game, not insurance.