Issues with "Block War on" options

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,193
edited February 2019 in Bugs
Classic Client option > Reputation System tab
Option reads "Block war on Friendly"

According to the colour options in the same tab "friendly" is defined as guild, however checking this option blocks war on innocent.

So should read "Block war on Innocent"

(this cost me 1million gold under bug bounty)
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,193
    edited January 2019
    Actually i think instead, the description is correct but the action is not behaving correctly.

We have the option "query before performing criminal actions" this in effect will block war on innocent.

However "block war on friendly" is blocking war on both guild members and innocent players. should only block war on guild members as blocking war on innocent is covered by "query criminal.."

Why does this matter? Well "innocent" are often the enemy in fel, and you may wish to block war on guild members but obviously you need to be able to attack "innocent" blues.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited February 2019
    This issue is also true for Enhance Client,

"Block war on friendly" is blocking war on "innocent" even though this can already be blocked with "query before performing criminal actions" Block war on friendly should be limited to blocking war on guilded/alliance.

However there is another related issue, (non minor) both Clients "Block war on friendly" does not block war on guilded/allianced reds/criminals (both Summons/pets and players)

(there is a half workaround in both clients where you have the option to "block war on party" which will indeed block war on guilded/allianced reds/criminals however you cannot party summons/pets and there is a 10 person limit to party)

@Mariah are you able to relabel this thread to "Block war on.. ISSUES" please?

It may help for me to clarify that there is a related problem (both clients) with “target hostile” that targets guilded/allianced reds/criminals and red/criminal pets/summons. 

However if checking block war on friendly worked correctly, this would solve the issue with “target hostile” 

• IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Merv you retired brilliant bastard. I appreciate you bringing these issues to light.

Sorry I have nothing else to contribute to this thread. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    edited September 20
    above bugs are still current

Related issues:
    "Instructing a pet to kill an innocent target does not present the user with a gump warning that the action will flag you as a criminal when you have
    "query before performing criminal actions ticked"

Also bypassing the
    "query before performing criminal actions check"
    is casting curse on any object in fel

• PawainPawain Posts: 2,991
    That's why most of us are grey when we do spawns. lol 
    edited September 29
    Great Lakes meet & greet 28/9/20
    "Merus: I come tonight about an issue we have visited in this forum about a few times
    Merus: going back almost a year
    Merus: it is the issue of the classic client targeting
    Merus: the select nearest hostile is very broken
    Merus: has there been any progress on this?
    Mesanna: I have two things to comment on this
    Mesanna: it might have been reported
    Mesanna: but 80% of the time we just do not have the information to reproduce it
    Mesanna: if we can not reproduce something we can't fix it"

Is this some kind of joke??

@misk, if you're having difficulty reproducing anything on this thread, please let us know. All you need to do is press the "select nearest hostile" macro key...

Please note, this issue affects EC too. 

edited September 29
    A good one is in Khaldun.  The 3 red guys that have bows are in a big triangle. You tell a pet to target one, the pet walks towards it and is hit by an arrow, the pet changes to that target, before he gets there another one hits him with an arrow, he walks to that one.  The pet could do this all day or until it dies. He will never get to a target.

Can test  target nearest there also. Select nearest target and you target something 8 squares away when there are 3 mobs 1 square away.  This happens so often, how can someone not see it.  And it could be linked to the Pet AI, since toon AI is prob the same.
    Pawain, that is not a problem with select nearest hostile macro, please don't muddy the water

Like I said, maybe pet AI and toon AI are the same. Maybe thats what they can't see.
    edited October 12
    For classic client, I beleive both ***** and **** have an option to add a friend to prevent attacking guilded reds specifically to address this bug.
    @Mesanna by allowing such poor QA, you're actively encouraging the use of third party programs. Please address this.

It is very disheartening to hear people tell other people they must download either this or that non approved program to fix a bug.
    names removed by Mariah - please do not name these programs, to name them is to advertise them, encouraging people to seek them out.

• in EC block war on frienldy is buggy when playing red characters. It will still sometimes attack your party members (both, blues and reds). It's very inconsistent, so I can't really explain how to reproduce it :-/