Vendor Price MAXMIMUM 175mil?

What's with the Vendor item price being limited to 175million? I understand the work around is using an auction safe, but with the introduction of Platinum and loss of banker checks why does the maximum price have to be 175mil? The message says that people without increased bank storage can't could be limited to have 125million gold but  goes up to 175million in case they do have bank storage upgrades. Is there a plan to make no limit on the amount a vendor can price items? The maximum is on a commission vendor but not sure about the standard vendors.

Comments

• bank storage could be limited to 125million*

I know that several people with auction safes would be pretty upset, but vendors are supposed to allow us to sell whatever we want, for whatever price we want. I thought some of the reasons bank checks were removed was because prices of items were going for more than the amount of items a person can hold in their bank, and to stop people from having billions of gold on their vendors. I am not fond of the idea of using general chat or auction safes to sell Enchantress' Cameos or several rarer that exceed 175millions
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You do understand that you can do more than 175M in the trade window
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Maybe if the max amount that any item can sell for is 175M the economy would not be so whacked.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • bryweyh007bryweyh007 Posts: 42
    edited September 2020
    Bilbo said:
    You do understand that I will end up spamming general chat to sell items then? If that's fine with everyone then I spose I can start annoying everyone :D

@Pawain The price reflects the rarity of the item and the current value that people can buy gold for, not that I ever had pay money for gold...it's part of the economics behind the prices. There is a lot of gold in the game so the monetary value goes down on gold and thus items go for more. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Bilbo said:
    You do understand that I will end up spamming general chat to sell items then? If that's fine with everyone then I spose I can start annoying everyone :D

@ Pawain The price reflects the rarity of the item and the current value that people can buy gold for, not that I ever had pay money for gold...it's part of the economics behind the prices. There is a lot of gold in the game so the monetary value goes down on gold and thus items go for more. 
    Everybody spams gen chat selling or buying stuff where have you been