New Legacy Questions from us.

13»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Urge said:
    keven2002 said:

@ Urge - I see that the temporary thing is one of the most commented on things people touch on (most dislike it). I'm also struggling to see how a "classic" type shard with "classic" templates & gear will be usable on a live shard after the shattering so I'd like to see what the Devs say on that. The Devs made it seem like they are going forward with a "seasons" type shard that is wiped so not sure that's up for debate. If there wasn't a wipe, it just turns into another new shard where people will flock to get the good housing plots and server rares etc and in a year or 2 it will likely be worse off since you can only transfer out (and not into the shard) and most of the goodies will likely forever be removed from the shard.

If it's a training shard i think it will do great. Maybe the details will include easier ways for newer characters to get powerscrolls, pets and some of the harder to get arty items. 

I was hoping more for a full time shard without all the glitz of todays shards but done correctly this could be a good thing. 
    I think a lot of things need to be ironed out but Kyronix didn't comment of whether or not there will even be powerscrolls depending on how "classic" and simple they want to go.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    Many comments are suggesting that UO NL shard will have a classic feel (no elves/gargoyles)
    Before elves and gargoyles, you used to not be able to just simply log out of the game to stop your pet from dying. Will UONL retain this classic feel, or will tamers still be able to exploit game mechanics in this new easy-mode way?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Mervyn said:
    Many comments are suggesting that UO NL shard will have a classic feel (no elves/gargoyles)
    Before elves and gargoyles, you used to not be able to just simply log out of the game to stop your pet from dying. Will UONL retain this classic feel, or will tamers still be able to exploit game mechanics in this new easy-mode way?
    Well, sounds like the way pets work when logging out was put in as a feature for QoL.
    Maybe you should accept that.  We do not know if we will have pets other than horses in NL.
    Maybe we will be back to Dragons, UGH.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Yeah, no vet rewards, so no ethereal mounts. You're going to be taming a lot of horses. Or they'll sell a lot of Chargers from the store!

Maybe they'll go all the way back and pets won't even bond. You love that pet? Don't ever put it in a situation where it will get killed.

Carry your pet all the way through season, then bond it on production so you never have to worry about losing it.
    -Arroth
  • Mervyn said:
    You're sounding like a broken record. Pop*s Jr? You have stated your opinion in many threads, the Devs and the rest of us know your point of view. Quit trolling.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Mervyn said:
    Well they would have to change the game mechanics to something they do not think is good:

9/28/2020  Meet and Greet on Great Lakes:

Watcher: one big vote for not to remove the login to retrieve pets fix
    Watcher: last week was at EM event with monsters that shove you away from them
    from them
    Mesanna: we are not touching that
    Watcher: pet was shoved into an inaccessible wall area at gargoyle shrine
    Watcher: only way was to log in and out to retrieve the pet
    Watcher: in ilshenar
    Watcher: so thats for leaving that in!
    Mesanna: we are not changing login for pets
    Watcher: awesome
    Watcher: much appreciated
    Mesanna: no problem
    Watcher: have a great evening

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    Nobody wants to remove auto stable for pets. I agree with Mesanna, it’s only INSTA autostable that is the issue. Just need to add 30/300 second timer.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Mesanna: we are not touching that

No touch means no touch even your idea of a timer.
  • Is there one comprehensive place where information about New Legacy is being kept?  Anything the devs have said about it, any questions that have been answered, a feedback repository and what has been considered?

I have been playing Fortnite with my youngest and it has a season system which is pretty interesting.  The concept of something like that here also seems intriguing.

I am apprehensive about skilling up a new character every year but maybe they will make it engaging and more useful to be a lower level character working its way up.  In Fortnite you don't level a character so that is a bit different for starters.

I like the idea of the yearly reset though, as a way to combat power creep and level playing fields.  I like that your achievements from previous seasons can be logged, statistics are such a big part of modern games and having a reset is important.  Looking at the VvV leader board we have people with so many points it isn't achievable for someone new joining to even show up.

I am also a fan of having a way to really incorporate consensual PvP.  If it allots for greater rewards but isn't forced on people who don't wish to PvP that would be a win.  Admittedly Fortnite is 100% PvP, there isn't a non-PvP component but we aren't trying to make a 1:1 mirror anyway.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I was reviewing the projects on Kickstarter today, and saw a new project on new mmorpg game. So I thought since Legacy shard is going to be a completely new project, perhaps it can be listed on the kickstarter and indiegogo platform for backers to make this happen. This is free marketing.

However, what the Dev would need to provide is more details of the game to attract new players (backers), instead of generic information in the FAQ.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs