16 hours to go....

Yes I've seen it, and am sat here waiting, like you do outside the Apple Store on a new release, or camping outside Wimbledon for the tennis tickets. :)

https://uo.com/2020/09/23/anniversary-major-announcement-livestream-link/

My bet, is it is Steam release ? :)

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    edited September 2020
    Android and iOS clients?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     :D  I'm gonna have to wake up early and get my work done before 11 am. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I am placing my money on the fact that they are going to officially announce that they are not adding UO to steam....   :D
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    TimSt said:
    Android and iOS clients?

I think that would be truly astonishing.

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited September 2020
    Ahh well yet again we have a time only suited to USA and Europe.  

Could of been at 4-5pm USA, ( @Pawain you would of had til 2-3pm to get your work done!) which would of been 10-11pm in Europe (not that late workers)  and 6-7am in Australia (early but doable)  instead it is 3 in the morning in Au so we miss out again.   Seems the devs don't have access to world clocks.

This will be the announcement that decides my future in UO.  

It has been built up to the point where expectations are high.  Sadly that has always proved to be UO's undoing.  We shall see I guess, although some will see before others.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MissE  well knowing the mind of Mesanna and her secret keeping it could be anything. 

Some ideas floating in game are out of this world, and others are the dregs of a doom mind.  Stream is one end some are hoping.
       A new shard, or merger to new game... this one is a far out idea but... who knows with EA. 
    One group were spouting a new expansion would be loved...  
      A small doom and gloom are if the mind that the End is Near and the Dev are going to let us down out of game.      

Personally I just hope it will keep UO floating. I have watched the Atlantic population shift in ways that remind me of the gradual shutdown of the other shards.  But this I put on the pandemic's hands. With all the breakdowns in life we have had to endure, children home, worry of illness and death threatening us at every move in the life we had before.  Joblessness and money tight to keep a roof and food on the table UO is dead last in the minds of people struggling to keep afloat.
    Not to mention the Climate change in the weather this year.  The gulf has been drowning in rain and wind..  
    My suggestion is sit back take a deep breath and pay attention to the whole broadcast.  
    I have been here over 23 years, i don't have plans to go anywhere and time soon.
  • *any*   sorry fingers are running amuck
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Much "anticipated"... what did we anticipate...? I was hoping for Shadowguard II with 7-in-1 superslayer cameo. Its finally here... Now its time to see which wishlist is fulfilled after 23 years...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    I hope it's an integration of SA and EC clients and a move to Steam.
    I believe there will be an announcement that UO is really going to be reformed, since we've been waiting for 6 months.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I wonder if the Devs are reading everyone's guess and laughing at how far off most of them probably are  :D
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    keven2002 said:
    I wonder if the Devs are reading everyone's guess and laughing at how far off most of them probably are  :D

That is a possibility :)

As we have a habit of doing, we could be way over-guessing, and as usual, setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Whose fault would that be? How would we respond, we will see. :)

I think it has to be pretty big for this type of announcement, they did say it will draw a lot of renewed interest? That has to be Steam level, Expansion level type of stuff. Going onto IOS/Andriod would be incredible, though I don't see how they can pull that one off. Are they combining Clients, selling up, etc etc?

The Black Gate event is nice continued activity just to maintain some continuum, but this announcement is getting way bigger treatment than the Black Gate as a yardstick.

• MissE  well knowing the mind of Mesanna and her secret keeping it could be anything. 

Some ideas floating in game are out of this world, and others are the dregs of a doom mind.  Stream is one end some are hoping.
       A new shard, or merger to new game... this one is a far out idea but... who knows with EA. 
    One group were spouting a new expansion would be loved...  
      A small doom and gloom are if the mind that the End is Near and the Dev are going to let us down out of game.      

Personally I just hope it will keep UO floating. I have watched the Atlantic population shift in ways that remind me of the gradual shutdown of the other shards.  But this I put on the pandemic's hands. With all the breakdowns in life we have had to endure, children home, worry of illness and death threatening us at every move in the life we had before.  Joblessness and money tight to keep a roof and food on the table UO is dead last in the minds of people struggling to keep afloat.
    Not to mention the Climate change in the weather this year.  The gulf has been drowning in rain and wind..  
    My suggestion is sit back take a deep breath and pay attention to the whole broadcast.  
    I have been here over 23 years, i don't have plans to go anywhere and time soon.
    I've just gotten back and my subjective impression from Atlantic Haven and Luna banks is that there are a good number of people floating around compared to before EJ. Who they are or what they're paying, I have no idea.

Anyway is this gonna be the thread for the stream? Hey devs turn on chat!
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    No chat omg that would be crazy lol...enjoying the music whilst we wait......I'm hoping new expansion along with other amazing things.

New stuff for housing...new race? EAPlay possibly.....maybe a huge move from Broadsword and Bonnie created her own studio and bought the rights ;) That would be cool.

Something to bring in NEW players...has to be a Steam/EAPlay type of thing since EJ didn't quite cut it....

No matter what it is, it will be nice to see the team.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    NOSOUND!!!

• uo.com getting hugged to death

Anyone see the FAQ? Spill.