Black Gate Feedback

Comments

• Pawain said:

Y'all don't understand that low population shards have few things to sell because players get items and put them in a chest and the items never see the market .
    I definitely agree with this. Not everyone who plays on multiple shards does so to sell on Atlantic.

For this specific event, I might do it on my home shard to get a set of items and that's it. I'll swap with my guildmates as needed and on the forums if I have to. But I'm not going to do it on another shard and hope to cross-shard trade. If I could choose which drop I got, that could make sense. But I'm not going to waste my time and hope to get something that I can trade cross-shard.
  • Not to harp on the random rewards, but I've done the quest on 6 chars so far and have gotten 3 Honesty & 3 Humility : :'(
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    @Kyronix would it be possible to consider making the sub-quest rewards blessed? Since they are only once per char, the quest cannot be completed if the item is lost for any reason. Most quest items are blessed.
  • OMG got another Humility stone.  This game hates me lol
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I think the point is...NOT for the players that are already here to play multiple shards to create an influx of items for sale...it's to promote and bring in NEW players to populate other shards (NOT Atlantic ;)

I HOPE that this amazing announcement tomorrow will help with that :)

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2020
    Seth said:
    Cookie said:

I do like your posts :)

I'm on the side of the fence that thinks Shard Bound for these items is a good thing. I'll do the quests on Europa, get as many as I can, maybe collect the set. I may then pop to Atlantic, and farm Compassion Sage, or do 1 just to sell. So I think I'm in disagreement with you on this point. I think it's a good thing, for a shard to have to get it's own stuff, and stand or fall on their own work-rate.

I do completely understand your 2nd point, I'm not a Deco person myself, and I have skipped much of the last couple of years content due to the fact the rewards just have no practical use to me. Having said that, I've taken part in some, because the event questline is interesting enough. I do like the latest artwork on a lot of their recent rewards, but I also agree your suggestion would take it to another level.

It is good to have a noble feeling how you think a shard "should have".

Do you really enjoy doing what you just said you would do, or is it just to support the hypothesis of the Dev?

Do you intend to open a new account and place a public house to display these rewards in these low pop shards?

I think everyone enjoy the game in their own way. We have to agree to disagree at some point.

I help run a very active guild.

I'm on the side of the fence that believes players make things happen and we should earn stuff.

Put me on any shard, and things will happen, if I have any interest in this quest, it will happen - it looks pretty easy and fun to me.

I have no interest in going to another low population shard, I play on Europa, I will help my shard. I actually think there should be more cross shard competitions, that could be fun also.

I've played on Siege, which some people consider a low population shard, and trust me, with their morale and team ethic on that shard, if they want this done, they'll get it done also. I believe they hold the Void Pool record for example.

I am happy to support the hypothesis of the Devs on this one, I don't see much wrong with it. I know there is a bunch of players who consider themselves very elite, and look down their noses at the Devs all the time and think they know best. That's not me tbh. I consider they are doing a decent job in general. If I wanted any change, I would say so, there are certain things I have been after for years that the Devs are ignoring me on, for example, delete Trammel, delete Sampires, delete EC etc. :)

edited September 2020
    ZekeTerra said:
    Not to harp on the random rewards, but I've done the quest on 6 chars so far and have gotten 3 Honesty & 3 Humility : :'(

There is a whole trading aspect to this game, where you don't actually solo the entire game, and are meant to interact with others to achieve things.

Strange concept I know.

I get your point, but really, get out there, start trading, it's part of the original intentional beauty of this game.

• OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    Feedback so far:

Initial Quest Prompt from Julia doesn't actually provide the details to locate the other quests unless you speak to her again, and you can't pull this info from your quest log. 

Dupre Quest: Didn't finish, and it's uninspired. Dupre wants us to fight an unbound vortex because reasons related to a demon but... it's basically go fight a mob that has artificially inflated HP because Shame was converted to a tamer training dungeon at some point in the past.

Iolo Quest: Fits the virtue, is a probably -too- simple turn in quest. Bread, Milk, and shoes? Iolo, your a legendary celebrity in the realm and you could likely buy these supplies out of pocket. It doesn't make much sense. Then there's a nice blurb about a kid handing you the reward. Issue with the quest? It uses the awful "quest tagging" system that really needs to be archived and retired, and then there's actually two different loaf of bread items so one of them doesn't meet the criteria. And the items are virtually identical, so I did end up making two trips just to figure this part out.

So far I'm not impressed. This quest draws some inspiration from the classic single player ultima experience, but the Fellowship questline has just been so horribly mishandled and mispresented that the "event" is limping into activation, and then the quests seem to just be uninspired monster bashes/item collections that use repurposed existing content that hasn't been updated or innovated on in any way, and ends up, much like UO official content lately, a tiresome, joyless experience.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    jelinidas said:
    @ popps

Give us an example of a low population shard you play and a couple of items you found less expensive. I find quite the opposite.
    I shop a lot! I check many shards.  Prices on LS are stupid high sometimes. As a result I bring pet scrolls back from Atlantic and charge less than the ones found by players on LS. I have a spreadsheet of current scroll prices and sell them at for a 15% profit in bulk and beat the current price on VS on LS by 500k to 1M on singles.  My commission vendor that holds the stuff has made 300M in the last few months from scrolls.  I'm not into selling, I just do it to give the residents a better option. 

Example that happens a lot. Chivalry scrolls hover around 5M on Atlantic.  Buy 5 bring back to LS and sell  at 7M.  The next lowest is 8M.  I just have to pay attention and put scrolls on my vendor.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited September 2020
    Cookie said:

I'm on the side of the fence that thinks Shard Bound for these items is a good thing. I'll do the quests on Europa, get as many as I can, maybe collect the set. I may then pop to Atlantic, and farm Compassion Sage, or do 1 just to sell. So I think I'm in disagreement with you on this point. I think it's a good thing, for a shard to have to get it's own stuff, and stand or fall on their own work-rate.

I do completely understand your 2nd point, I'm not a Deco person myself, and I have skipped much of the last couple of years content due to the fact the rewards just have no practical use to me. Having said that, I've taken part in some, because the event questline is interesting enough. I do like the latest artwork on a lot of their recent rewards, but I also agree your suggestion would take it to another level.

Hehe  I don't actually get your point :).  you said  "I'll do the quests on Europa, get as many as I can, maybe collect the set. I may then pop to Atlantic, and farm Compassion Sage, or do 1 just to sell." 

if the stuff was able to be done by a toon more than once and wasn't shard bound would you NOT be able to do this? Seems to me you can do that just as you want... true?  Nothing to stop you playing like that.

However

If the stuff was able to be transferred I would actually do MORE of it on my SMALL shard knowing that I can then take the excess to a shard with a population to buy it  to make it actually worth my effort ONCE I had traded with the people on my shard for ones they needed and put aside a couple of sets on my shard for future sale etc.  I always offer the stuff on my oceania vendors before shipping to atlantic or ask in chat if ppl have ones they wanna trade before I transfer to help those compiling sets etc.

I don't really need any  more useless items, of which this is, so the ONLY reason, purpose or attraction to doing it would be to supply a demand for those who like the items.  I see a need to assist in that supply and get them for players who don't have the time that I do to run these quests.  As for content, I was over killing drakes and trogs about 10 yrs ago so there is certainly ZERO attraction for this brilliant bit of gameplay for me.

So on that basis I would be "getting my own stuff and standing and falling on my own work-rate" as you say. If I could do it more than once per toon and the item wasn't shard bound I would in all likelihood do it every day for the the total time the event was running as I would have a purpose to do it.  Due to the stupid limitations I will not even bother with the event at all other than to get ONE just for the sake of having it.  So it has actually had the opposite effect of what you just stated.:)  In effect you can still play the way YOU wanted to play but my way to play as been curtailed due to stupid limitations. 

My issue with shard bound is the completely arbitrary application of it.  It is totally moronic that I can steal academic books from bedlam and take them to Atlantic but can't steal the Anchor from the wreck of Ararat and take that to Atlantic. Instead I sell a steady supply of academic books on Atlantic and toss the anchors from ararat in the bin as they wont sell on Oceania.  It is totally moronic that I can take 120 power scrolls to Atlantic but can't take a Volume III mastery to Atlantic.  Most masteries  I now toss in the bin, even level III as there is no market yet I know I could sell em on Atlantic.

Who makes the decision on what is shard bound and what not? 

In my opinion it should be ALL OR NOTHING. 

The only shard with a decent 'economy' that is in balance is Siege.  Guess why?  No Transfers on or off. 

The ONLY way to get shard economies back in sync is to stop the flood of items on and off the shards. 

Unless they are prepared to do that then they should just butt out and let the players decide.

You cannot FORCE players to go to smaller shards by hijacking the way items are traded.  People will play small shards or not based on their play style. I play small shards and trade on Oceania and Atlantic and everyone has the option to do both as I do.  I prefer small shards, most people don't.

Transfer shields totally borked the economies of all shards and I pointed out how they were doing this as soon as they were introduced and got shouted down by the greedy about how the 'market' would decide. Especially as back then not many were over 14 yrs old and it suited those people to gloat it over those who had to 'beg' for transfers in chat.   Well it decided alright.   They totally destroyed the economies on small shards and turned Atlantic into a mega trade hub whereby pretty much all items have to flood through there.  My shop on Oceania went from being super busy to barely ticking over or being stripped by players taking stuff to Atlantic, so I adjusted.  Turning round now and saying stupid items like this little bit of deco are shard bound and that is gonna repair the total cluster.... of what transfer shields did is totally ridiculous.

As I said all or nothing, make everything shard bound or nothing shard bound. I don't care either way.  Just pick one and stick to it.

arbitrarily
    /ɑːbɪˈtrɛrəli,ˈɑːbɪtrəli/
    adverb
    adverb: arbitrarily
    on the basis of random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    edited September 2020

MissE - I think the point is to deliberately limit how many of these that can be obtained, which is what actually creates trading demand for a deco item (good artwork/scarcity). If they are like dishwater - for example most Thief stealable deco items, they become worthless.

You are correct in that per your suggestion to allow me to farm more, it would not harm my game at all, I could just collect unlimited - but that devalues the Deco item, then no-one is interested.

If I were to have any complaint at all - it would be the way the Thief Titan Statue Stealable Items from the Khaldun event were treated. These are completely super rare items, that almost no-one was able to get, that are also shard bound. The artwork on these was amazing, and I really wanted to be able to get the set of 4 myself. I have 1 of the best thiefs in the game, and I completely burned myself out trying to get them, and failed to get one...

At least with these items, there is the possibility to get far more, and to trade them.

Your point about consistency, I would agree with of course, but this is an old game, and inconsistency goes right through it, there are always areas we are asking for more consistency. Here they are trying it slightly differently again, to see if it makes a difference.

edited September 2020
    Cookie said:

MissE - I think the point is to deliberately limit how many of these that can be obtained, which is what actually creates trading demand for a deco item (good artwork/scarcity). If they are like dishwater - for example most Thief stealable deco items, they become worthless.

You are correct in that per your suggestion to allow me to farm more, it would not harm my game at all, I could just collect unlimited - but that devalues the Deco item, then no-one is interested.

If I were to have any complaint at all - it would be the way the Thief Titan Statue Stealable Items from the Khaldun event were treated. These are completely super rare items, that almost no-one was able to get, that are also shard bound. The artwork on these was amazing, and I really wanted to be able to get the set of 4 myself. I have 1 of the best thiefs in the game, and I completely burned myself out trying to get them, and failed to get one...

At least with these items, there is the possibility to get far more, and to trade them.

The limit to how many of these will be obtained will be automatic as it comes with a limited time event.  This is not a quest that can be done quickly so even if you churned it out daily you are not likely to complete more than 3 per day, if you are LUCKY.  I would think 1 per day would be more realistic given the boredom of killing trogs and drakes/dragons etc.

Even stuff like treasures of tokuno which has been run how many times still attracts people after the more attractive items like mempos or items they missed for sets the first few times like swords and urns.  Your example of the Titan statue stealable is spot on.  The thing is you consider that to be super rare and attractive, and disagree with it being shard bound as you can no longer get the set.   Others may think these runes are rare and attractive, I don't but others do. Like the guy said up there he has 3 humility and 3 honesty on his six chars he may not find the others he wants on his/her shard to trade so he is out of luck. Yet the same problem will happen now.  There could be tons of justice ones on origin and you need it on catskills, too bad so sad.   Someone has decided to stop you from being able to trade.

If shard bound items made people play small shards or even encouraged it I would be all for it however, consider this:

Masteries have been shard bound since they were introduced. These are NOT deco items they are used by characters every day there should be heaps of demand and heaps of stock on small shards, it is not like you can transfer them off. So why are there not tons and tons for sale on vendors on small shards?  There should be shouldn't there? I created two characters on Origin this past week to do some early tests on event arcs, so OK I create a the chars I want a 3 weaving mastery , a 3 magery mastery and there are ZERO for sale on the whole shard.  Every day I have asked multiple times in chat for ZERO response, can't even get anyone to answer 'even with a sorry don't have one'.  This is a shard bound item available all year round yet I can't get one, so what the hell hope  are you gonna have on a small shard to get a one off event rune in the virtue you want given how limited they are gonna be.  If you cant get something that is shard bound and available year round what chance on this thing?  And in 2 months you will have NO CHANCE AT All.  So the only place you May of been able to get one in the future to complete your set is on Atlantic ... but no, due to shard bound that has been killed.

I know for a fact if Masteries weren't shard bound I would pick up a 3 weaving mastery with NO TROUBLE at all on Atlantic, sheesh I have 4 sitting in a chest at home on Oceania, yet here we go, I need it on Origin and can't get it. I am NOT gonna run a bazillion spawns with an untrained character trying for the odd drop of a level 3 mastery of the type I want.  I would of transferred one I earnt on Oceania to Origin but again I can't.  

Cheers MissE

edited September 2020

I get what you are saying, I just think I see from a different perspective on this one.

Re the Titan Stealables - I actually do not regret the Shard Bound aspect of them, even though that means there are almost zero on my shard, I regret they were too impossible to get hold of in the first place - at least with this quest type event, there is a certain certainty for say 6 items.

Re Masteries - these are like Dishwater on every shard, because they are available at all Trammel spawns etc, as well as Felucca, anyone who spawns, or does Peerless, or Illshenar spawns, has stacks of these, like I do. I don't put them on Vendors, I don't trade them, they just are not worth my time or effort, Europa shard is stacked with them, I think the issue actually becomes indifference, we see them as ultra common, the same as thief stealables. I could not give half of them away if I wanted to, I have stacks of lvl 3 in all masteries.

Your Mastery point, is actually a debate point in my favour, they are an example of something that became so common, that no-one will even reply to you in general chat, because they are just not worth the effort. Their production needed to be limited a lot more, to maintain any interest in trading them.

It's a bit like the Blue Alacrities, they are common, yet so cheap in tradeable value, no-one will go to the effort of trading them.

Unlike SoTs which are holding a higher value, therefore have better trade turnover. Same as powerscrolls.

edited September 2020
    Cookie said:

I get what you are saying, I just think I see from a different perspective on this one.

Re the Titan Stealables - I actually do not regret the Shard Bound aspect of them, even though that means there are almost zero on my shard, I regret they were too impossible to get hold of in the first place - at least with this quest type event, there is a certain certainty for say 6 items.

Re Masteries - these are like Dishwater on every shard, because they are available at all Trammel spawns etc, as well as Felucca, anyone who spawns, or does Peerless, or Illshenar spawns, has stacks of these, like I do. I don't put them on Vendors, I don't trade them, they just are not worth my time or effort, Europa shard is stacked with them, I think the issue actually becomes indifference, we see them as ultra common, the same as thief stealables. I could not give half of them away if I wanted to, I have stacks of lvl 3 in all masteries.

Your Mastery point, is actually a debate point in my favour, they are an example of something that became so common, that no-one will even reply to you in general chat, because they are just not worth the effort. Their production needed to be limited a lot more, to maintain any interest in trading them.

It's a bit like the Blue Alacrities, they are common, yet so cheap in tradeable value, no-one will go to the effort of trading them.

Unlike SoTs which are holding a higher value, therefore have better trade turnover. Same as powerscrolls.

You can buy a mastery of every type on Oceania as I sell them.   Level 1, 2 and whatever spare 3's I get.  They are common hence why they should be available,  I have one on the vendor and 5 in backstock of every type. I also stocked them on Siege when I played there and they SOLD.    Fact that other shards toss em and don't see value doesn't mean that is correct, I supply them for new players it isn't a matter of making a huge profit.

I disagree with your take on masteries.  The reason they aren't there on the small shards is the market is so small most players don't bother stocking them or selling them as they would hold them forever for no sale. i am happy to wait on Oceania as I offer them as a service as I am a Merchant as my first form of gameplay. Them being shard bound has made NO player stay on that shard to play and what is moronic is that the powersrolls can still be transferred off which goes back to my initial point of what should and shouldn't be shard bound and that in my opinion it should be all or nothing not based on some brain fart by some dev who got his/her panties in a wad over a single item. 

As for alacrities, again you are actually incorrect, I take at least 100 to Atlantic every time I transfer and pretty much sell them all.  And not all for cheap, some still fetch over a mil a piece like taming etc.  The average is about 4-500k per depending on type. 

I wouldn't be so vocal if I didn't have experience in this stuff.  I run atm 30 odd vendors over a number of shards, I have run vendors, auctions etc for years, it is my main focus.  Everything  I do is based on that.  I dont need gold and I don't need deco,  I trade.  That is my purpose to do things. 

I wouldn't even bother playing without my shops so the more they do this shard bound stuff the less likely it is I will play.  I loot everything and sell whatever has a market. The population on my shard now wouldn't keep me busy for more than a day a week.   Anyways good discussion but no one yet has responded to the all or nothing comment I made, still waiting on that lol.

Cheers MissE

edited September 2020

"The reason they aren't there on the small shards is the market is so small most players don't bother stocking them or selling them as they would hold them forever for no sale."

Commission Vendors. These are ideal for small shards in this scenario. I use them, to just hold stuff that I see as helping Europa, they can be used to help new players, with low value but important items for new players. It is either the market is so small, or completely saturated, slightly different nuance and perspective we each hold.

"As I said all or nothing, make everything shard bound or nothing shard bound. I don't care either way.  Just pick one and stick to it."

I did add a late response to your all or nothing comment. :)

My late response - Your point about consistency, I would agree with of course, but this is an old game, and inconsistency goes right through it, there are always areas we are asking for more consistency. Here they are trying it slightly differently again, to see if it makes a difference.

I sort of agreed - there are a lot of ingame areas, I would like to see more consistency, but I can see this being quite a huge task.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    How does this make small shards larger?  A shards population gets larger by:
    Someone returns
    Someone begins fresh
    Someone transfers to a new shard

The first two are not affected by this directly.
    Now with shard bound items. Why is anyone going to move from Atlantic to a smaller shard?
    In a few years they will have scores of shard bound items that are on Atlantic. Why would they leave items on Atlantic and move away? They cant get those items on small shards.
    But someone on a small shard could move to Atlantic and leave things behind, but they will be easily replaced on Atlantic.  Because Atlantic has a large enough population that will get an excess of all items that come out. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2020
    @Cookie as a side note if I don't pick up a level 3 spellweaving mastery on Origin in the next week I will be quitting the shard completely as the ONLY way I can get a solo focus is with that scroll so in this case it will be driving me off the shard not encouraging me to play there.   Now had I been able to transfer one of the 4 I have on Oceania we wouldn't be having this convo lol. So much for shard bound.  In this case it is driving me off the small shard.

Cheers MissE

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Cookie said: I have been after for years that the Devs are ignoring me on, for example, delete Trammel, delete Sampires, delete EC etc. :)
    In this case, its fortunate that they did ignore you or else I won't be playing after those 3 are deleted.  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Tanager said:
    @ Kyronix would it be possible to consider making the sub-quest rewards blessed? Since they are only once per char, the quest cannot be completed if the item is lost for any reason. Most quest items are blessed.
    Seems to be a good point @Kyronix , doesn't it ?
    edited September 2020
    Cookie said:
    Seth said:
    Cookie said:

It is good to have a noble feeling how you think a shard "should have".

Do you really enjoy doing what you just said you would do, or is it just to support the hypothesis of the Dev?

Do you intend to open a new account and place a public house to display these rewards in these low pop shards?

I think everyone enjoy the game in their own way. We have to agree to disagree at some point.

I help run a very active guild.

I'm on the side of the fence that believes players make things happen and we should earn stuff.

Put me on any shard, and things will happen, if I have any interest in this quest, it will happen - it looks pretty easy and fun to me.

I have no interest in going to another low population shard, I play on Europa, I will help my shard. I actually think there should be more cross shard competitions, that could be fun also.

I've played on Siege, which some people consider a low population shard, and trust me, with their morale and team ethic on that shard, if they want this done, they'll get it done also. I believe they hold the Void Pool record for example.

I am happy to support the hypothesis of the Devs on this one, I don't see much wrong with it. I know there is a bunch of players who consider themselves very elite, and look down their noses at the Devs all the time and think they know best. That's not me tbh. I consider they are doing a decent job in general. If I wanted any change, I would say so, there are certain things I have been after for years that the Devs are ignoring me on, for example, delete Trammel, delete Sampires, delete EC etc. :)

I've played on Siege, which some people consider a low population shard, and trust me, with their morale and team ethic on that shard, if they want this done, 

I do not play Siege nor have any interest in that particular Shard playstyle BUT, to address your point, @Cookie , it looks to me, that the way that this particular content is Designed, I frankly do not see "how", even with "morale" and "team ethic" the fellow players on Siege could ever "get this done"....

In getting this done, I mean putting together a full set of 8 stones per player....

I mean, let's look how it has been Designed....

# 1) - Limit of 1 Quest per character. On Siege, that I know of, it is ONLY 1 charater per Account so, this Limit translates for Siege to only 1 Quest limit per account......

#2) - Endless Journey Accounts seem not to be able to complete the Quest and get the Stone Reward.

#3) - That I know of, Siege has no Transfers in or out of characters permitted so, no stones can be brought in or out of Siege, period.

So, on Siege players will ONLY be able to get 1 stone, period, per subscribed account. No doubles to trade, sorry....

Sure, these Stones can be sold and bought but if 1 player on Siege will sell theirs, they will be "stoneless", so to speak....

So, I fail to see how on Siege motivated players with morale and team ethic can ever get this done...

No doubt that some wealthy players there will be able to earn their 1 stone and buy the remaining 7, but that is a different thing....

Perhaps this new content was pretty much thought out having in mind Production shards and not really the Siege Shard and how it works ?

@Kyronix , @Bleak , any comments on this ?

Perhaps, "just" perhaps permitting EJ characters to do the Quest might be a way to address this and have new players "also" be able to enjoy the new content ?

MissE said:
    Cookie said:

You can buy a mastery of every type on Oceania as I sell them.   Level 1, 2 and whatever spare 3's I get.  They are common hence why they should be available,  I have one on the vendor and 5 in backstock of every type. I also stocked them on Siege when I played there and they SOLD.    Fact that other shards toss em and don't see value doesn't mean that is correct, I supply them for new players it isn't a matter of making a huge profit.

I disagree with your take on masteries.  The reason they aren't there on the small shards is the market is so small most players don't bother stocking them or selling them as they would hold them forever for no sale. i am happy to wait on Oceania as I offer them as a service as I am a Merchant as my first form of gameplay. Them being shard bound has made NO player stay on that shard to play and what is moronic is that the powersrolls can still be transferred off which goes back to my initial point of what should and shouldn't be shard bound and that in my opinion it should be all or nothing not based on some brain fart by some dev who got his/her panties in a wad over a single item. 

As for alacrities, again you are actually incorrect, I take at least 100 to Atlantic every time I transfer and pretty much sell them all.  And not all for cheap, some still fetch over a mil a piece like taming etc.  The average is about 4-500k per depending on type. 

I wouldn't be so vocal if I didn't have experience in this stuff.  I run atm 30 odd vendors over a number of shards, I have run vendors, auctions etc for years, it is my main focus.  Everything  I do is based on that.  I dont need gold and I don't need deco,  I trade.  That is my purpose to do things. 

I wouldn't even bother playing without my shops so the more they do this shard bound stuff the less likely it is I will play.  I loot everything and sell whatever has a market. The population on my shard now wouldn't keep me busy for more than a day a week.   Anyways good discussion but no one yet has responded to the all or nothing comment I made, still waiting on that lol.
    I beg your pardon BUT, doesn't this show how, on average, player Transfer items to the Atlantic Shard so as to make MORE profit as they would do on their home shard ?

And, in doing so, they subtract those items from being on sale on their Local Shard to add them to the quantity of items on sale on Atlantic ?

It is stuff like this that makes me say GO with Shard Bound items to the Developers !!

Only Shard Bound items can STAY on a local Shard and, thus, help the economy there.

If Mastery primers were not Shard Bound, I could bet that it would be night to impossible to find any Mastery Primer III on Low population shards.... pretty much most of them, if not all of them, would end up one way or the other to Atlantic to sell for high gold....

Sorry but no, I disagree with those being against Shard Bound items, I see instead Shard Bound items to be a BLESSING for Low Population Shards and I hope that, with the new content tools, we will see WAY MORE Shard Bound items...

Thanks @Kyronix , @Bleak , @Mesanna for promoting Shard Bound Rewards as they are the one way to help Low Population Shards to till have items to buy and sell there, and not see them all end up going to Atlantic....
    Cookie said:

"The reason they aren't there on the small shards is the market is so small most players don't bother stocking them or selling them as they would hold them forever for no sale."

Commission Vendors. These are ideal for small shards in this scenario. I use them, to just hold stuff that I see as helping Europa, they can be used to help new players, with low value but important items for new players. It is either the market is so small, or completely saturated, slightly different nuance and perspective we each hold.

"As I said all or nothing, make everything shard bound or nothing shard bound. I don't care either way.  Just pick one and stick to it."

I did add a late response to your all or nothing comment. :)

My late response - Your point about consistency, I would agree with of course, but this is an old game, and inconsistency goes right through it, there are always areas we are asking for more consistency. Here they are trying it slightly differently again, to see if it makes a difference.

I sort of agreed - there are a lot of ingame areas, I would like to see more consistency, but I can see this being quite a huge task.

Absolutely, right on spot.

Commission Vendors is THE way to go on Vendors for Low Population Shards.

Just put the item on the Vendor at the price considered right for it and forget it there.

Eventually, sometime, someone will buy it even on that Lowly Populated Shard.

And this will make that player who was looking for that item HAPPY, because, even on a Low Population Shard, they were able to find that item which they needed....

If the items are ferried to Atlantic to be sold at higher price, instead, that would make it damn harder for them items to show up on Vendors on a Low Population Shard, wouldn't it ?

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Has anyone thought an easier solution to all economic problems would simply be to not allow goods or gold to be transferred when shard transferring? So you can only transfer naked?

just going to throw that crazy idea out there..

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @popps - Given your extreme lack of UO game play knowledge and just overall understanding of things I take pretty much anything you say with a grain of salt. Also to set the record straight, my post is not my point of view, but actual fact as I actually have seen prices be higher on certain things I noted with my own eyes. 

Thank you for not writing a novel this time but please stop commenting on posts which you have no idea about. How about you answer the questions people are asking you and provide details to support your point of view? Thanks.
    edited September 2020
    Mervyn said:
    Has anyone thought an easier solution to all economic problems would simply be to not allow goods or gold to be transferred when shard transferring? So you can only transfer naked?

just going to throw that crazy idea out there..

If you look above I said it should be all or nothing, i was waiting for the cries of 'oh but we have shard shields and we will be ripped off yadda yadda yadda, to which my reply would of been exactly that, transfer a naked character, gold and  pets, all other items remain on the shard they were generated on you can buy what you need when you get there and leave it in your bank on return.  I don't think there is any problem with transfering gold to a shard as if your character is naked you will then spend your gold boosting the economy on your new shard to re equip yourself, those purchased items would remain on that shard when you returned home.  That would stop the complaints of not being able to shard hop to pvp etc. 

Or alternatively hand those shard shields back in and get a credit of a vet reward added to your account and stop the stupidity for good lol.

Either way would be fine and for those wanting to transfer to another shard permanently then they can do that once per YEAR and pay either per char on a regular transfer token with the 5 packies, backpack and bank or even add an account transfer for $200 bucks to move all your chars/house items in a moving crate to the destination shard once per YEAR.

You have the ability to play characters on any shard so i don't see the real need for transfers at all but you will always get the 'oh i have all this stuff that is sentimental.   LOL don't you just 'love' that argument but meh, But I didn't get the response i wanted. 

Cheers MissE

edited September 2020
    popps said:
    I beg your pardon BUT, doesn't this show how, on average, player Transfer items to the Atlantic Shard so as to make MORE profit as they would do on their home shard ?

And, in doing so, they subtract those items from being on sale on their Local Shard to add them to the quantity of items on sale on Atlantic ?

It is stuff like this that makes me say GO with Shard Bound items to the Developers !!

Only Shard Bound items can STAY on a local Shard and, thus, help the economy there.

If Mastery primers were not Shard Bound, I could bet that it would be night to impossible to find any Mastery Primer III on Low population shards.... pretty much most of them, if not all of them, would end up one way or the other to Atlantic to sell for high gold....

Sorry but no, I disagree with those being against Shard Bound items, I see instead Shard Bound items to be a BLESSING for Low Population Shards and I hope that, with the new content tools, we will see WAY MORE Shard Bound items...

Thanks @ Kyronix , @ Bleak , @ Mesanna for promoting Shard Bound Rewards as they are the one way to help Low Population Shards to till have items to buy and sell there, and not see them all end up going to Atlantic....
    Popps you have NO CLUE about what you are talking about.

NONE AT ALL.

People transfer items to Atlantic as there is NO market on their homeshards as the population is so small. 

I am a merchant, I sell stuff on my home shard, Oceania, as I stated clearly above I sell on my home shard first and when the stuff doesn't sell I ship it to Atlantic.  I also stated that if I have say a dozen items I will put 2 on a vendor on oceania, and 10 on a vendor in Atlantic, the ones on the Atlantic vendor will sell, the ones on the Oceania vendor sit their for months sometimes longer.  It has nothing to do with getting 'more money'  although that is not a bad thing even if it was.  I tend to price stuff on Oceania a fraction cheaper than I sell for on Atlantic but it makes NO DIFFERENCE.

NO MARKET MEANS NO MARKET.

Now as for Masteries, did you not read what I wrote ?  I jjust this week created a char on a small shard (Origin)  and I cannot buy a flipping mastery I need even though they are shard bound as ppl just don't stock them as due to lack of market.  Once the half dozen people that play there have whatever masteries they need they just dont loot them or toss em in the bin as there IS NO MARKET.  The odd player logging in new to a small shard has NO HOPE of getting what they need and stuff being shard bound makes it worse not better. I have asked half a dozen times every day for a week in gen chat after that mastery and I don't even get a response. NOTHING.

You said "If Mastery primers were not Shard Bound, I could bet that it would be night to impossible to find any Mastery Primer III on Low population shards.... pretty much most of them, if not all of them, would end up one way or the other to Atlantic to sell for high gold..." 

after I just told you that the opposite is true.  Log into Origin now, do it, and type in Spellweaving  and see if you can find a level 3 mastery.  You won't.  While you are there type in alacrity and you get zero result, type in transcendence and again you get zero result.  Masteries are SHARD BOUND and you can't find em on the damn shard, if they weren't shard bound I could actually TAKE one that I have on Oceania to Origin and use it. 

So here we have a case of I am gonna quit Origin shard as I cannot buy what I need nor can i transfer the item to there. So this is a case where the shard bound tag is gonna mean I LEAVE that shard so it has in effect stopped me from playing there.  If the devs want people to play small shards then this is NOT the way.

When you actually play the game make comments, when you run merchants and are forced to transfer stuff back and forth make comments, when you have NO CLUE I suggest you actually go and log into the game and do a bit of research before making stuff up.

Cheers MissE

@MissE What I like about your posts, is you feel the game, like I do, it shows  :)

We may be right, we may be wrong, but we are playing it, know our stuff, and can feel far more than what statistics can tell us.

Take care, I've got nothing more to add, don't quit, there are so many parts of the game to get into. :)

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I am going to interject here....I know that it's hard to find needed items on smaller shards but that's why the shard population has to work together to make it happen. 

I currently have  an empty vendor...I loaded it up with imbuing ingredients, fish, just random stuff..stone furniture...nothing sold...nothing sold....I had to shut my accts down for a few months....but about a month went by before that and my vendor was full. When I got back it was empty so things DO sell..maybe not right away, you won't get instant gratification like on ATL but you will get it ;)

As far as the things you mentioned..I have put those things on my vendor....in fact I will be stocking more soon....but one person cannot do it alone. HELP your shard...HELP make it inviting to other players, new and old alike.

I spent a few hours yesterday making gate and recall scrolls...am working on stocking necessity vendors but again I am only ONE person. Talk to the people on your shard, get them to put a vendor up, even if it's just one....arrows, bolts, aids.....spellbooks.....I get .1 transcendence scrolls out of my painting and put those on my vendor for 500g...seriously....working on scroll binders :/

• Larisa said:
    I am going to interject here....I know that it's hard to find needed items on smaller shards but that's why the shard population has to work together to make it happen. 

I currently have  an empty vendor...I loaded it up with imbuing ingredients, fish, just random stuff..stone furniture...nothing sold...nothing sold....I had to shut my accts down for a few months....but about a month went by before that and my vendor was full. When I got back it was empty so things DO sell..maybe not right away, you won't get instant gratification like on ATL but you will get it ;)

As far as the things you mentioned..I have put those things on my vendor....in fact I will be stocking more soon....but one person cannot do it alone. HELP your shard...HELP make it inviting to other players, new and old alike.

I spent a few hours yesterday making gate and recall scrolls...am working on stocking necessity vendors but again I am only ONE person. Talk to the people on your shard, get them to put a vendor up, even if it's just one....arrows, bolts, aids.....spellbooks.....I get .1 transcendence scrolls out of my painting and put those on my vendor for 500g...seriously....working on scroll binders :/

Hi Larisa, long time no see!
    I fully agree with you on this. I wish we could reactivate origin.
    I just had to accept losing an ancient guild membership, for having to go to Chessy just to eat a lvl3 primer... bit sad. 

I've been meaning to set up a vendor on Origin, at Origin prices. or maybe 2, one in my castle for VS and, if there ara still rental spots, maybe one in Luna  just for cheap deco stuff that people might see while just browsing around. 
    (Never had a vendor myself...  decades ago my younger brother had a PoF vendor and I would give him things to place on it .. so never really done it myself) .
    I would appreciate it if you could share any tips, or maybe plan a strategy and ger mor shard members involved  <span>:smile:</span>
    edited September 2020

@larisa and @archangel I completely agree with both of you, this is what we have to do on lower population shards.

I've played on Europa Felucca for most of my game, and we had one of the most vibrant PvP communities going. Felucca lost a ton of players to Trammel, and Europa lost a ton of PvPers and Merchants to Atlantic.

We've been in this situation for a long time, so you have to do positive stuff to keep morale up, and maintain interest in your facet/shard. I've always said action creates action, so we create a lot of action, and players see this and want to join in, which helps rebuild our shard.

Commission Vendors were a real help. I often put things up really cheaply, I don't need gold, but it's just a message that a. we can provide stuff, and b. it's cheaper than Atlantic.

You will find there are like-minded players on a shard, who will do stuff, just to help rebuild a shard. If there isn't, that's when you have a problem. There is nothing to stop the rot.