no insurance received when killing with pet or summons

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited September 2020 in Bugs
If your pet or summon gets the last hit on a player, the owner does not receive the insurance. Not sure if this is intended or not.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• Yea same goes for flagging system , seems lile pets have their own flag also for exemple, if someone flag on you first, then you say all kill on him , you become flagged to him even tho he flagged you first. Its an annoying bug that got me kill or guard wacked many times.

i assume the same thing happen for insurance like if the pet has its own insurance
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
     :D All those pets with pockets full of gold! 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Yea same goes for flagging system , seems lile pets have their own flag also for exemple, if someone flag on you first, then you say all kill on him , you become flagged to him even tho he flagged you first. Its an annoying bug that got me kill or guard wacked many times.

i assume the same thing happen for insurance like if the pet has its own insurance
    I remember looking into this before, if memory serves me correct, this only happens under a specific (i'd say rare) circumstances. Where someone is crim, then you flag on them, then they go blue.. but not to you as you flagged on them, then you set the pet on them...

It's not really an issue if you set your pet on the target from the getgo. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited September 2020
    you know what, i think it's even more obscure than that sorry. 

I think you have to go crim, (and your pet is crim) then someone attacks your pet but not you, then you go blue, then when you try to all kill the person, you and your pet both get wacked.

But it's very uncommon.

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2020
    Not really its as simple as I said , he flags you first, you say all kill , you becomes flagged, you cant recall , you cant go in a house , and if the target was criminal when he flaged you, when he will turn blue, youll immediatly turn grey and can get guard wacked, its not rare , its not obsur, its as simple and easy to reproduce as that and very annoying
    edited September 2020
    Just tested, I have now not been able to reproduce ANY flagging issue, even under the obscure scenarios i stated (not demonstrated in this video but i did test). Perhaps this was fixed in the pub 109 hotfix.

(please excuse the desolation hack of the uo.cfg file)

• Yea you are correct just tried it myself . Im glad they fixed it might be from publish 109.1 fix