Ej and Blue Beetles , DONT GET OFF OF THEM !!!

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
So I was finally able to log in with one of my old accounts. The player was logged out at Minoc inn, sitting on a blue beetle. I log in, jump off the beetle, it had 1000 boards inside. I try to hop back on, EJ players cannot mount pack animals with items inside, or something to that effect. That's pretty messed up.

I logged back in to recheck..."You can't ride a pack animal that contains items".
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I wonder how many returning players who try EJ are going to resub just to save the stuff they have in a blue beetle.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I wonder how many returning players will buy or tame a blue beetle, go out and chop more logs than they can carry, and then find out they can't ride the beetle they just bought, and rode out into the woods,  with items inside ?

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • ThalonThalon Posts: 61
    I wonder how many returning players will buy or tame a blue beetle, go out and chop more logs than they can carry, and then find out they can't ride the beetle they just bought, and rode out into the woods,  with items inside ?
    At least it can still function as a pack horse/ pack llama.
    Thalon, Merchant Sailor of Pacific for fine Tools, Clothing, and Potions!
    Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Inscription services offered through afilliated subcontractors.
    Exotic beasts available with proper authorization from the Crown.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    lol  I am sure there is a reason for that.  And Minoc has an Inn?  When did that happen?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Can EJ have bonded pets I wonder ? **Logs back in to feed it and find out**

Nope, haven't been on this beetle in a couple of years, fed it..no bond.

Pawain said:
    lol  I am sure there is a reason for that.  And Minoc has an Inn?  When did that happen?

I used the term loosely...The Barnacle...

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    You can't have a bonded pet as EJ??
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
    I just assumed the beetle would have bonded after the feeding, since it was fed and commanded last time I logged in and mounted it...**shrug**

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Well my beetles on my closed accounts all have 125 items on em or close to.  Won't be reloging them then, or all that stuff will go to god as won't be able to put it in the bank either.  Cancel any idea of asking a few of my mates to come back as no doubt their characters when packed are the same and they will be sorely pissed off to log in to just check it out and find all their rares etc are now having to be dealt with with nowhere to store em and not being able to mount their beetles to log out resulting in them going wild.  BAD idea.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Bonding takes a week..
    InLor said:
    Bonding takes a week..

Thanks Capn, but its been over 52 weeks.

Well.. I mean.. you may have to try feeding a pet as an EJ player and waiting a week.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    But everyone was advising EJ players to get a beetle to hold their items! Sheesh, you couldn't make this stuff up...  :/
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Nope, haven't been on this beetle in a couple of years, fed it..no bond.
    Maybe you didn't feed it when you first got it? I know I do that a lot :/

I'm fairly certain, since it wasn't already a bonded beetle, that it was a brand new one, that I would have fed and mounted before I logged off.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited April 2018
    You might want to go over the restriction list.   this has been posted in advance.
     Current EJ Restriction List.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659

Endless Journey characters may collect BoDs, can use pack animals

edited April 2018
    I didn't read any restriction list, I merely logged in on an account and shared my experience. Yes my EJ can technically "use" the blue beetle, but once you get off of one you can't get back on with items in the pack, and it's not going to log out with you, with items in the pack. 

Nowhere does it say they cannot ride a blue beetle with stuff in it...

They can use pack animals...a blue beetle is a pack animal....it doesn't say they can RIDE pack animals nor does it say they can NOT ride pack animals.

What Can and Endless Journey account not do?

Endless Journey accounts may not own a house, be co-owned to a house or access containers, safe logout or stacks of items within a public house if friended to one. They may not use mailboxes, operate player vendors or place auction safes. The may not launch a boat

They may not gain, use or be protected by Justice virtue; receive Rewards, Monster Kill Points, Virtue Points or Power Scrolls from Champion Spawns; gain occupation points in active VvV towns; Attack EM Event creatures or gain EM Event Items; vote in Town Elections or create a guild

Characters may not bribe bulk order npcs, harvest colored ore or logs, mine sand or stone or receive Feluccan 2x bonus.

Might wanna add that to this section if this is going to be the case

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    This is the stupidest thing that I have ever heard of, are they trying to kill EJ before it is even started.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Yeah because every returning player stored their EM event rares on a blue beetle...

omg cancel the whole of uo you can’t ride a beetle with stuff in it.... 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    @Larisa ; You need to scroll down, it's near the bottom.

Use Pack Animals Yes 
    Yes, but may not mount pack animals with items in their pack.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    @ Larisa  You need to scroll down, it's near the bottom.

Use Pack Animals Yes 

Ohhhhh I missed that...hmm wonder why they put that in? Probably because everyone was saying..Oh just open a second account and use a blue beetle as storage..they sure squashed that one real fast.....like they don't want EJ people to have ANY storage whatsoever thinking that it will make ppl sub...it's just gonna make people leave....I sure hope they come up with some kind of storage FAST...I have faith!

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Mervyn said:
    Yeah because every returning player stored their EM event rares on a blue beetle...

omg cancel the whole of uo you can’t ride a beetle with stuff in it.... 
    You really are clueless aren't you.  Returning player gets off loaded, no matter what is in it and can not remount or log off with a loaded pack animal but to someone like you that is ok that they lose their stuff.  What you work for UO and you are trying to justify this very well thought out pub, lame.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    Can you buy a pet bonding potion from the store and instantly bond a packy? If so, EJ players could have 5 pack animals.
    -Arroth
    Can you buy a pet bonding potion from the store and instantly bond a packy? If so, EJ players could have 5 pack animals.
    If you wanted to save items from one log-in session to another without keeping them in your backpack, though, the pack animals wouldn't help you. Also, if you are using them for mining or lumberjacking, you would have no place to store the ore, ingots, or boards when you're ready to log off. Keeping them in the pack animal and then logging off would just make the pack animal go wild and drop its pack contents.
    Larisa said:
    CovenantX said:
    @ Larisa  You need to scroll down, it's near the bottom.

Use Pack Animals Yes 

Ohhhhh I missed that...hmm wonder why they put that in? Probably because everyone was saying..Oh just open a second account and use a blue beetle as storage..they sure squashed that one real fast.....like they don't want EJ people to have ANY storage whatsoever thinking that it will make ppl sub...it's just gonna make people leave....I sure hope they come up with some kind of storage FAST...I have faith!
    I'm not telling any friends about EJ at this point because if they left with loaded blue beetles, taking advantage of EJ is just going to drive them away permanently because they'll lose everything they had in the beetles unless they subscribe right then and there. I suspect that'll be a bit too strong-armed for some people to accept who only wanted to take a quick peek and see if it was worth returning.
    I just sent a note on Facebook to friends I used to play with telling them to hold off on trying Endless Journey for now, especially if they think they logged out any characters sitting on loaded blue beetles.  Hopefully things change down the road.  But for now, I just can't see recommending EJ to former players when there's so much risk that they'll lose things if they aren't really ready to re-sub at this point.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Margrette said:
    I just sent a note on Facebook to friends I used to play with telling them to hold off on trying Endless Journey for now, especially if they think they logged out any characters sitting on loaded blue beetles.  Hopefully things change down the road.  But for now, I just can't see recommending EJ to former players when there's so much risk that they'll lose things if they aren't really ready to re-sub at this point.
    Ditto, but frankly if any of my friends do log in now they will just have to create 2 or 3 accounts so the characters can HOLD the stuff.

This is getting bloody ridiculous.  On what planet do these devs live?  They should have basic storage and frankly just a normal bankbox.  Talk about killing off EJ before it even starts.

From the first time they published the 'restrictions' the one and most yelled about issue was no storage and how detrimental it would be, yet they think making it so you can't ride a beetle when packed will again solve their meaness re storage, think again, people if they wanna keep making chars to hold stuff will do that.

Never have I seen a dev team so intent on driving away people before it even gets off the ground.

Madness. Sorry it is the only description I can think of.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
This discussion has been closed.