It's 9 Months into the year . .And Not a SINGLE PVP Change!

When all the PvPers quit, The Trammies will follow. Because they sell to us. Once they realize there is no more Gold to be made...thats it for UO. So Keep ignoring us . . .lets see where that gets you.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2020

Atlantic a couple of days ago. This isn't happening in Trammel.

Credit to MarkO for the screenshot, I borrowed it from Europa Discord.

My guild is having PvP, creating action, every day. Seeing a lot of PvPers.

zerg.jpg 371.7K
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

A screeny of a routine Despise for us.

When we do Bosses, we need 2 parties...

My point is, it's the PvP guilds playing the game like it should be played, and creating the action in the game.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Some unhelpful troll posts have been removed. Please keep the thread constructive not abusive. Thank you.
  • AniAni Posts: 23
    Tail said:
    When all the PvPers quit, The Trammies will follow. Because they sell to us. Once they realize there is no more Gold to be made...thats it for UO. So Keep ignoring us . . .lets see where that gets you.

100% agreed, most the veteran PvPers have quit or stepped away for a break expecting a change by now.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2020
    Interesting to know such thoughts exist. I spent plats in past years not for pvp. In recent times if Pvpers are out if action, yet am still selling more stuff maybe due to lockdown.

Out of curiosity,  is there a Concise wishlist in point form, of what pvpers want... not a wordy page that need time extracting them. An example is one of the post by Mervyn which is listed clearly point by point. This can be referred to in future posts- just a suggestion, or maybe put in your signature.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    Cetric has a post almost two years ago that had feedback on what changes were needed. They took that into consideration and tried to make some adjustments about a year ago. Some changes good, evasion change still seems untouched. We were promised vvv update almost 4 years ago now still same old broken system. I made a post a few months back and still nothing. There is almost zero incentive to play this game for pvp if you’ve played it for quite a few years because it literally is the same. Nothing to work towards.. as a pvper I expect something to keep me hooked and working towards something. All in all new editions good or bad is what most people want just something NEW 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Ani said:
    Tail said:

100% agreed, most the veteran PvPers have quit or stepped away for a break expecting a change by now.

And UO is still here, so where are all these trammies at that are quitting because of no PvP changes.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Publish 109.1
    • Resolved issue where ridden pets do not reflect the notoriety of their riders - this is a pvp change
    Publish 109
    • Endless Journey players that have been dead for over 30 minutes in-game will be teleported to safe locations based on the facet. - This is a pvp change
    Publish 108
    • Bushido Evasion PvP is now subject to diminishing returns after the first evade which will increase with each evade. Diminishing return scales up to a max of 70% evasion reduction. For example, a player with a 60% chance to evade would be reduced to 18% at the max reduction.
    • The weapon hit property Splintering PvP immunity now includes force walk and now lasts 15 seconds.
    • Shatter Potions will now provide 60 seconds of PvP immunity once hit. Users of the shatter pots will be unable to hide for 6 seconds. There is also a chance for the number of potions shattered to be reduced. Reduced throwing range to 8 tiles.
    • While players are in combat with other players equipping +skill items will have a 15-second delay to increasing skill.
    • Discordance(PvP) will last up to 5 seconds or 8 seconds if the Bard is Focused Spec on players.
    • Increased casting time from 1.5 to 2 seconds for Chivalry spell Remove Curse.
    This thread is therefore in error. There have been pvp changes, pvpers are not being ignored.
    The main problem with pvp changes are that whatever change one player proposes several other players oppose. A concensus on what is required may produce better results.
  • ReikoReiko Posts: 30
    Mariah said:
    Publish 109.1
    • Resolved issue where ridden pets do not reflect the notoriety of their riders - this is a pvp change
    Publish 109
    • Endless Journey players that have been dead for over 30 minutes in-game will be teleported to safe locations based on the facet. - This is a pvp change
    Publish 108
    • Bushido Evasion PvP is now subject to diminishing returns after the first evade which will increase with each evade. Diminishing return scales up to a max of 70% evasion reduction. For example, a player with a 60% chance to evade would be reduced to 18% at the max reduction.
    • The weapon hit property Splintering PvP immunity now includes force walk and now lasts 15 seconds.
    • Shatter Potions will now provide 60 seconds of PvP immunity once hit. Users of the shatter pots will be unable to hide for 6 seconds. There is also a chance for the number of potions shattered to be reduced. Reduced throwing range to 8 tiles.
    • While players are in combat with other players equipping +skill items will have a 15-second delay to increasing skill.
    • Discordance(PvP) will last up to 5 seconds or 8 seconds if the Bard is Focused Spec on players.
    • Increased casting time from 1.5 to 2 seconds for Chivalry spell Remove Curse.
    This thread is therefore in error. There have been pvp changes, pvpers are not being ignored.
    The main problem with pvp changes are that whatever change one player proposes several other players oppose. A concensus on what is required may produce better results.
    Yes these are changes that affect PvP, but not in whole impactful PvP changes. What the OP is asking for is changes that shake up the meta. All of the modern and popular games that feature PvP are providing changes that mix up the meta every so often so things stay fresh and players aren't fighting with/against the same skills/templates/classes/etc over and over.
  • AniAni Posts: 23
    PvP is more imbalanced then it's ever been.  Minor changes do not fix major imbalances players have been complaining about for the past 2 years.  

Mages should not have to be forced to use Parry on every single template to defend themselves.  Some magery/necro spells are useless and don't put out enough damage alone. 

Also, I get people have their own play style but I thought PvP was supposed to be player vs player, not player vs bane dragons that can dismount bleed.

VVV and town fights need a major improvement, some of us don't get enjoyment out of zerging 15v5.

PvP should be more based on skill instead of brittle legendary armor with 8 mods that doesn't drop anymore, abusing wall relative tile scripts and using overpowered pets.

Bring back factions and imbued suits with 60 DCI.  Players should be able to choose and customize more template variations .

Mages Lives Matter!

• TailTail Posts: 70
    edited September 2020
    Bilbo said:
    Ani said:
    Tail said:

And UO is still here, so where are all these trammies at that are quitting because of no PvP changes.

Okay, so this is just silly..you call Evasion thing A change? As far as the trammies go..they will realize once the pvpers are gone how their gold will be worth nothing.

And Mariah, you need to be watched as this isn't the first time you have deleted posts without reason. If I hear of this happening again me and Messana will have a little talk about it.

This is a PVP thread I posted in. If you don't understand Pvp and you don't PvP...then you are not invited to leave your pvp opinions here. Do I come and post in the trammie section and tell you powerful the Ettins you kill are supposed to be? No I don't, it just makes you sound stupid when you don't know what you are talking about.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I have closed this thread for further review.
This discussion has been closed.