Black Gate Feedback

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903

It would be nice if the Developers could add the option to get the Compassion Sage from Exodus Controllers also from stealing from them, rather then only killing them....

Would it be possible please, to help support thieves @Bleak and @Kyronix ?

Thanks !!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    General feedback in Exodus dungeon:
    If more than one player is there I can see a lot of unhappiness as Miss E said.  I took my melee toon for a couple of hours. I just ran around everywhere and only killed controllers. I could almost kill every one of them in the dungeon. The spawn including paragons is slow. So,  because of the turns and how I went in a large circle, I had most of the spawn by the entry.  If there are 4 players there, they would have to use an area and wait for respawn to kill the most over time. If not, everyone will just run around killing controllers as they see them.  Which will lead spawn to others and cause bad feelings since you can almost kill them all before respawn.

My melee guy started a lot worse luck 2 hours only 4. Then I stayed 30 more minutes and got 3 more.

Glad I am able to prep for the quest.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    popps said:

It would be nice if the Developers could add the option to get the Compassion Sage from Exodus Controllers also from stealing from them, rather then only killing them....

Would it be possible please, to help support thieves @ Bleak and @ Kyronix ?

Thanks !!
    Have you tried?  It is in their backpack.
    edited September 2020
    For Luna:
    Main reward: Get a random tile.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Would it be possible please, to help support thieves @ Bleak and @ Kyronix ?

Thanks !!
    Have you tried?  It is in their backpack.
    Yes, I tried for quite a long time, and did not get any.

It looks to me that the code might spawn the Compassion Sage only in their corpse, upon their death....
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    There are two other areas in Ilsh I know for controllers. The gargoyle mining camp (use Honor gate) and the city of Mistas and the surrounding jungle (Honesty gate). Not nearly as many as the exodus dungeon but some alternatives if Exodus is getting too camped.

We've been getting the word out to the shard to get the sage now before the event starts. Quite a few have been; I've gotten my five. The trog cave will be the camped and crowded problem I'm afraid.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2020
    Marge said:
    There are two other areas in Ilsh I know for controllers. The gargoyle mining camp (use Honor gate) and the city of Mistas and the surrounding jungle (Honesty gate). Not nearly as many as the exodus dungeon but some alternatives if Exodus is getting too camped.

We've been getting the word out to the shard to get the sage now before the event starts. Quite a few have been; I've gotten my five. The trog cave will be the camped and crowded problem I'm afraid.
    that's easy though, cast RC,EV or Whirlwind with an Area hit weapon, you'll eventually get enough

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I had planned on using Essence of Wind or earthquake. It's just the idea of 50 people crammed into that cave.
  • Marge said:
    I had planned on using Essence of Wind or earthquake. It's just the idea of 50 people crammed into that cave.
    Just hope nobody has eaten beans recently . . .

LOL Monday it opens for my shard - Red Beans and Rice Day! May God have Mercy on the people of Chessy!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Aragorn said:

any function for this or just decor??
    its just deco... but you can double click it to read more about it
    edited September 2020
    One thing I don't like...

Every time I kill a drake in Destard, it tells me I have killed all the creatures required for the quest. But the guest log for "In the Face of Dragons" shows 0. 

I finally figured out, that is because I still have Heckles Hero quest.
    I won't cancel that quest, because I'm almost finished...
     just having a hard time finding giant rats, so i can finish that one.
    Pawain said:
    they don't quickly respawn and each of those locations only have one or two there.
    I don't have the valor to pop Despise or any of the other champ locations.
    I was able to kill 21 of them (killed a few while killing the hell hounds), but with it being the last ones I need to kill... spent 3 hours running around each of these locations and still need 29 more.

the point is... i have two quests that require to kill Drake's and one isn't giving me credit for killing them, but I am getting credit for killing Dragons and Greater Dragons.
    You may luck out and catch a rat spawn at Humility or Valor.
    I can pop it tomorrow.  Since you don't answer in chat now.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2020
    I've gotten 6 sages in two 30 minute attempts. After the 3rd sage they appear to stop showing up for me. The first attempt was with 0 luck and the second attempt was with 1100 luck.

This is on Pacific.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I did some early farming on ATL and bought 3 at 250K each (by mid afternoon VS had them at 4mill apiece) and then did Exodus on two diff chars for 3 hours and got 3 more so I have enough to run chars through. I cringe thinking of Painted Caves and Destard when it goes live. I used a stealth necro-mage on Origin - took forever, but was able to solo most all the quests except for UEV and GD's in Destard - helpful tamers came to me rescue :)

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I was a little disappointed to see that the items are shard bound/random/1 quest per char. 

There are 8 virtue stones but you have a max of 7 chars on an account (with all paid slots etc) so even if you get lucky and got every virtue stone you needed on every single character you had (let's just say you took your crafter and made him a fighter), you would still be 1 stone short of the entire set. Also take into account that I cannot do the quest on other shards where I have chars to possibly transfer over means that there will be 100% chance I would need to buy at least 1 virtue stone using a single account.

@Kyronix - Do you think we should need to buy the stones from others (this will lead to price gouging)? Can you consider at least removing the once per character thing so those that are willing to put the time in can do so to collect all the stones?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2020
    keven2002 said:
    I was a little disappointed to see that the items are shard bound/random/1 quest per char. 

There are 8 virtue stones but you have a max of 7 chars on an account (with all paid slots etc) so even if you get lucky and got every virtue stone you needed on every single character you had (let's just say you took your crafter and made him a fighter), you would still be 1 stone short of the entire set. Also take into account that I cannot do the quest on other shards where I have chars to possibly transfer over means that there will be 100% chance I would need to buy at least 1 virtue stone using a single account.

@ Kyronix - Do you think we should need to buy the stones from others (this will lead to price gouging)? Can you consider at least removing the once per character thing so those that are willing to put the time in can do so to collect all the stones?
    I agree, it would be nice to be able to collect a full set without buying them.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    keven2002 said:

@ Kyronix - Do you think we should need to buy the stones from others (this will lead to price gouging)? Can you consider at least removing the once per character thing so those that are willing to put the time in can do so to collect all the stones?
    I agree, it would be nice to be able to collect a full set without buying them.
    @Kyronix
    Considering it is quite literally impossible for a player who has a single account to get a full set on their own, I believe this should be re-thought.
    Hippo said:
     I cringe thinking of Painted Caves and Destard when it goes live.

they do quickly respawn.
    Before I got my cu, I was getting credit by casting blade spirits.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    One way to get around the limit is to use a disposable character. Stone off their skills, delete the character, recreate the character, stone on their skills, do the quest, wait a week, then repeat.  The down side is you loose the stats for the character and any power scrolls they've consumed.
  • Seems like when they made the new quest/event system, that all new items are shard bound... Treasures of is shardbound. Black gate is shard bound. You might as well just make em event item drops shard bound too. You kinda have to if you want to be consistent. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Thanks for the feedback!
    @Kyronix - I believe I've found a bug. 

I started doing the quest for Mariah (raw ginseng / compassion sage). The first thing I did was get the raw ginseng because that was easy. Then I tried to gather the compassion sage (I'm using a pretty basic mage) which I only had 30-45min to play at that point so I decided to move to another quick & easy quest since I had limited time. I logged back on the next day and started trying to get the compassion sage and got it relatively quick (10-15min) but my ginseng expired in that time period that I was logged. So now when I go back to get more raw ginseng it says "Sorry. You cannot receive another item at this time". 

I didn't complete this quest yet and now it seems like I will not be able to finish it (and therefore not complete the Black Gate quest on this char). Please fix this as this is a major issue. Either remove the timer from the ginseng or allow another one to be picked if the player still has the quest.

**Update - @Mariah gave me a raw ginseng so I could complete this part of the quest (Thank you). This should still be addressed though in the event someone can't complete the quest in 24 hours after picking the root.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I will add a short note to the page, warning of the fragility of the plant, which I suppose, logically, would wilt when picked?

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I love the quest. Had to run through it at least once so I could write up my walkthrough for Stratics. I also had the WORST time getting sage....tried on both my tamer and my archer...1 hour...0 sage on both characters. I have the WORST luck in UO history lol...thankfully a guildmate of mine gave me some.

I can see some issues though on more populated shards in Destard and Painted Caves. I know you can go elsewhere to kill Dragons and Drakes but Trogs are in one location.

I liked the story...though a few people pointed out the inconsistency in the storyline regarding Julia and the Troll. (I don't know much Ultima History) and the whole bit about "The troll still torments the bridge..." why that was even mentioned I have no idea because it was not needed for this quest....hopefully it will tie in somehow to other quests? Because I know other people had a chance to run through the quest before I got to it and one of Origin's lovely citizens already had a runebook with MOST of the locations on it, I attempted to do it without and the whole troll on a bridge near vesper and minoc had me running in circles for a bit trying to find it.

Other then that it was pretty awesome, I love the reward, though I, like others, wish that we could get the whole set. With the stones being shard bound though, it does promote trading with the people of your own shard which I like, it builds a sense of community and people aren't just running off to ATL with their prizes so yay for that!

Great job team, thanks for all your hard work. Can't WAIT for the big announcement...T minus 4 days....:)