are you still having issues?

please can you provide the following info:
    what shard you’re on
    what client you’re on
    what search terms you’re using
    what filters you have selected
    the time (and timezone) of your search

and what item/s you’re expecting to find

As I have managed to find all items I was looking for on ATL the last few days, (granted I too had issues and had to try a few variations in key words)

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2020
    Start tomororrow night:
    Try between 6pm central and 10 pm central on Atlantic.  Search for power scrolls for pets 110s thru 120. Search rubble.  See how long it takes you to make a complete search of all the rubble for sale on Atl.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • @Mervyn

ATL
    CC
    120 Scroll xxx, scroll xxx, tran xxx, tran xxx scroll. etc. why does it matter, its broke!
    see above. its broke!
    est. see above, its broke!
    really???, I'm expecting what I'm looking for? Wtf do you think I am looking for?

• I've noticed on Atlantic if I wait a little bit after that vague error comes the second screen with what I searched for pops up anyway. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    I've noticed on Atlantic if I wait a little bit after that vague error comes the second screen with what I searched for pops up anyway. 

That has been happening on Lake Superior.  Ours has been slow and it may pop up after you give up and recall away.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    jelinidas said:
    @ Mervyn

ATL
    CC
    120 Scroll xxx, scroll xxx, tran xxx, tran xxx scroll. etc. why does it matter, its broke!
    see above. its broke!
    est. see above, its broke!
    really???, I'm expecting what I'm looking for? Wtf do you think I am looking for?

Humble pie?

But hey, those 23rd anniversary chrome plated books are just beautiful, I personally love them.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• @Mervyn

Vendor search is broke. BAD. Now affecting more then Atlantic. Known bug and no communication from the Devs. This should be fixed ASAP unlike the multitude of non game changing bugs you seem to search out. 

New game content has been at a stand still for what, like 9 months? Maybe 1/3 of our team is trying to reproduce some of the nonsense you report?

Want a slice? On me!

Glad you like the new gifts, I do too!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    The best time I have noticed to do a vendor search on Atlantic is right before server down (5 am) and right after server up (5:30 am). Got my self some 120 scrolls this morning at 5:45 am. Well 2:45 am for me.
    edited September 2020
    i try not to report anything until i know the steps to reproduce, in fact, i do a lot of work on other people's reports to try and find the steps to reproduce to save the devs time. 

The particular bug thread you commented on, were just incorrect/outdated spell descriptions which would take 5 mins to correct. I even wrote out what the sentences should read, so they could copy paste...

I even hold back on bugs, i have a couple of exploits for roof and underwater that i haven't bothered to report as i don't want to overwhelm them. As i think it's more important for them to do a quick 5 min job correcting a spell description, than worry about people pulling the dragon off the roof on belfry or gating into underwater with pets sans quest completed. Or getting double/triple chance of roof drop.

• so update pls @Mesanna
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    It is currently working without fault

edited September 2020
    Mervyn said:
    It is currently working without fault
    Really?  This is without fault?  I think you meant to say It is currently working as normal on weekends.
    This is Atlantic:

Been using that method to find power scrolls for years.  I can change the type easily.
    Same search works on LS.  

Looks like I need to restock my vendor.
    temp.png 119.1K
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208

You can find scrolls on atlantic now if you dont search by item name.
    edited September 2020
    So I have to look at all the scrolls if I want 110s?  Ya lets accept mediocrity.

What about Spellweaving and the other scrolls not in the groups? There are 23 skills not in the groups.

How do I find rubble with this method? Granite? Rocks? Scores of other items.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2020
    if you use the EC you can use that and throw in "LEG"  and only get legendary scrolls.  not saying it doesn't have issues, but there are ways to get around it.  it will lock up every time you try to use more than one word in the search term. been having a lot of success with the menus and one word.  but there definitely is an issue with VS because sometime nothing works.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited September 2020
    The search on ATL allows for 1 space in the item name, (not sure why it differs for other shards)

okay maybe it’s not without fault, but you can find what you’re looking for 

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    my god still broken even after one day down
  • yup, I see little difference.
    I need a recipe. Can not use the clicky choices for those.  Too Vague after a long wait.
  • Pawain said:
    I need a recipe. Can not use the clicky choices for those.  Too Vague after a long wait.
    What recipe? I just typed in "bladed" and got recipes, same for "barbed", and "spiked". Also, "Darden" returned all the Darden's armor pieces. This was all on Atlantic just now.

If I typed "bladed recipe", or any two-word combo...your search is too vague. If I typed "bladedrecipe"...no items matched your search.

You might want to try your recipe search with a single word identifier. I'd do it fast though, pretty sure whatever is happening, even one word searches will be unusable in short order. That's the way it was before.

Emergent gameplay within Vendor Search. Probably not the intended design.
    -Arroth
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    The vendor search database maintenance the other day was probably to get rid of the account bound items that were already on vendors.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    it worked well yesterday, for the first time in months. 

but today its broken again.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2020
    it worked well because 95% of the items database wasnt on vendorsearch.
    as soon as all items refreshed it started not working again, there is just too many items on atlantic lets be honest, all the bods books not for sale also im sure that doesnt help with the searchs
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    still down all evening so sad
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    TimSt said:
    The vendor search database maintenance the other day was probably to get rid of the account bound items that were already on vendors.

Probably!!
    Because is back again to the old Too Vague... @Kyronix ; @Bleak

Maybe the Big Announcement will be that they will finally Fix VS.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    it worked well because 95% of the items database wasnt on vendorsearch.
    as soon as all items refreshed it started not working again, there is just too many items on atlantic lets be honest, all the bods books not for sale also im sure that doesnt help with the searchs

Bod books not for sale appear on search? surely those vendors are all opted out?
  • @Mariah I  have never searched bods through vendor search, but I can imagine the struggle to find a bod.... I just hope the bods do not slow down the searchs tho in any way , even tho most of them are set not for sale as players use vendors to store the bods without taking storage in your house , that was with the old fee vendor , not new ones, those take storage I beleive.
  • Ahhhhh they did.    We had a hard restart. 
    The VS was reloading items back in the system.
    If you read the message on load up to the game it told you what was going on.   
    Yes its taking its sweet time to load, and yes you get the above message if the system is bogged down. 
    The old code plays hell with new code and you as a UO player should know this,  Every time the next patch loads up it shoves the old code and a fight ensues which is the root of this trouble.  This goes beyond EC or CC code mind you.  Give the dev time.. I know we are so use to using the VS that many have forgot how to go shopping the old way.    Slow down think of a word or partial of the title of what your looking for and give it a try.   You just might be surprised it pops up.  Oh and give it time... Speed is not a strong point these days with it.