Transmogrification Potion No Longer Available On Siege.

Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
edited September 2020 in General Discussions
I'm curious as to why this item will no longer be available on Siege? @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Transmogrification Potion
  • The potion is no longer available on Siege Perilous
A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The ones that were bought should be worth a lot now.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I'm curious as to why this item will no longer be available on Siege? @ Kyronix @ Bleak @ Mesanna

My guess would be that they plan to make more of these types of potions for different slots and don't want everyone on Siege running around in blessed gear.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited September 2020
    Deleted my comment because there just isn't any point.
    Tanager said:
    Deleted my comment because there just isn't any point.
    Comments lead to all of these changes.
  • I'm not a player that complain a lot and usually i accept all kind of decision... But really this is one of the worst decision i saw in last years... I play on siege since many years and all people know that i don't care if i lose items but why take away from us the choice to use this potion????? If the problem is the blessed property, devs CAN and HAVE to find a solution to avoid that property be added to the items. For many people that potion was a nice opportunity also for making their char more nice applying properties to an item that show better with the outfit and we could use the siege bless on it. Instead no, as usually you just get the faster and easier way and exclude siege players from something that all other players can use. At this point take away CBD, Siege Bless and all blessed items... Really this time i'm very upset how things went... If for you we are a so big problem, just close Siege because it's really getting frustrating see how we are always pushed in a corner just because someone explain a problem and instead fixing it, you cancel all 
  • So rather than fix it they are going to remove it . . .  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MagichandsMagichands Posts: 141
    edited September 2020
    It's really crazy... There was already a system to apply that on Siege like they made for the tabard but of course, it required too much work seems... Instead making the potions an item was enough making it like a token of slot stable... Once used the token,your char gain one trasmo charge . Then they could add somewhere a npc or an ankh like for the tabard and there you could use the charge of trasmo to convert the item. If the item is blessed or Siege Blessed you can't use like it worked for tabard... After the conversion you could use the Siege Bless on it. It required a bit of work for the list of items people can use but in that way all could use it (that system work also for prodo without problems and in future if you want add other slot for trasmo you can use the same system)

Little edit: i forgot that there are parrots and robes like the umbra one that are blessed... In that case was enough adding an npc like the one for mage property that if you pay you can cancel thr bless proprerty
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    I'm curious as to why this item will no longer be available on Siege? @ Kyronix @ Bleak @ Mesanna

My guess would be that they plan to make more of these types of potions for different slots and don't want everyone on Siege running around in blessed gear.
    Why not simply don't let you apply the potion to a blessed item on Siege in this case? or if you apply the potion the bless property will be lost so it's more a decision by the player then? 
    So rather than fix it they are going to remove it . . .  
    Exactly how they fixed the BODs that would not bribe up.

You have to pay attention to the test forums and the Bugs forums. Posters are always wanting to change things that do not need changed.
  • I'm glad they listened to the blessed items issue with the transmog potions.
    That being said I had nothing against the potion per se and wouldn't mind them adding them to Siege as long as you can't use them to create blessed items with mods.
    Maybe a couple people were hoping for a bug they could exploit, but I don't think anyone truly expected the potion to allow blessed equipment with mods. That is not the issue. The issue is that this concern was raised WELL before the publish. It should have been addressed, and fixed so as not to exclude Siege from new content - once again - because we just aren't worth the time.

I know the Dev team is small. I know it's hard coming up with new toys for us without unbalancing the game. I want to be understanding, kind, and patient. If this issue is corrected, I will be the first in line to wave my cheerleader pompoms for our team. But I just don't expect it. I sincerely hope they prove me wrong.
  • Tanager said:
    Maybe a couple people were hoping for a bug they could exploit, but I don't think anyone truly expected the potion to allow blessed equipment with mods. That is not the issue.
    ummm...I did see several blessed robes with hawkwinds or other mods on them on Siege immediately after they implemented the transmog potion. So this very much was an issue.

Tanager said:
    The issue is that this concern was raised WELL before the publish. It should have been addressed, and fixed so as not to exclude Siege from new content - once again - because we just aren't worth the time.
    I agree, the potion never should have been allowed to transfer mods to blessed items in the first place, at least not on Siege. And yes, it was pointed out several times during the testing phase...

edited September 2020
    Of course there was a mad rush to exploit the oversight, that's human nature and I never contested that. I meant that I don't think the majority of people were going to come crying if the potion did not make blessed gear. No one would have been surprised if the potion did not work on blessed items. The expectation was not the issue. Making blessed gear was an issue - people expecting it to do so and being outraged if it didn't was not the issue. There are people who would be happy to use the potion without it resulting in blessed items.

To be extra clear - the issue is 'fixing' a problem by removing it from Siege. Again.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    Tanager said:
    Of course there was a mad rush to exploit the oversight, that's human nature and I never contested that. I meant that I don't think the majority of people were going to come crying if the potion did not make blessed gear. No one would have been surprised if the potion did not work on blessed items. The expectation was not the issue. Making blessed gear was an issue - people expecting it to do so and being outraged if it didn't was not the issue. There are people who would be happy to use the potion without it resulting in blessed items.

To be extra clear - the issue is 'fixing' a problem by removing it from Siege. Again.
    I'm more surprised from commercial perspective that they'd rather stop taking people's cash than putting it as a priority to fix, with solutions proposed which shouldn't be difficult to implement. In fact, here is the actual code which I think should work to solve the issue:

if item.property contains "blessed" && shard equals siegeperilous
         system.message("You cannot apply this potion on a blessed item on this shard")