Smelly Fish Baits

I've got the following baits, does any know what exactly are smelly and extra smelly mean? Higher chance to get the particular fish?

They are a bit rare (compare to normal baits) so I haven't used them, but if no one knows then I will try out myself... 

Also do we get smelly and extra smelly version of bait for each of those rare fishes? 

Smelly Autumn Dragonfish Bait
Smelly Fairy Salmon Bait
Smelly Giant Koi Bait
Smelly Great Barracuda Bait
Smelly Holy Mackerel Bait
Smelly Stone Crab Bait
Smelly Unicorn Fish Bait
Smelly Yellowtail Barracuda Bait
Extra Smelly Giant Koi Bait
Extra Smelly Holy Mackerel Bait

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited September 2020
    Exactly - the smellier the better to catch that fish. They also actually work - you do catch more with it. (Bait suit is still junk tho.)
    I think it just for the rare fish - ie the ones you can cut up to make the fish pies - that have the smellier baits. I'm going look and see what I got just to double check.

Edited to add that I did look and it does seem to be only the rare fish that has the smelly baits.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Marge said:
    Exactly - the smellier the better to catch that fish. They also actually work - you do catch more with it. (Bait suit is still junk tho.)
    I think it just for the rare fish - ie the ones you can cut up to make the fish pies - that have the smellier baits. I'm going look and see what I got just to double check.

Edited to add that I did look and it does seem to be only the rare fish that has the smelly baits.
    Is that chicken a pet in real life or...?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    hehe - no it's just a pic I found online. I tell everyone I'm a big chicken so late one night half asleep I found the pic and used it and I just got used to it so I left it.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Marge said:

Thank you. That means I'm still missing a lot smelly and extra smelly baits in that case and they are rarer than the 120 scrolls itself.