Classic Client, Mount's healthbar dissapear when mounting

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited March 2019 in Bugs
On Classic Client when someone mounts a pet, you lose the healthbar.

Some history on this:
"2.  In the EC, when I have a mountable pet's healthbar up and another player mounts that pet, the healthbar remains.  In the CC this doens't happen, why?

This is a bug in the EC and will be fixed in a future update."

Please note, at time of publish today a mount's healthbar still remains when mounting on EC

Also

"3. EC and classic client pet health bars behave differently when the pet is mounted.

• I agree that both clients should behave similarly when dealing with mounted pet health bars and have submitted a problem report into the system for this issue and added it to the list of potential Publish 100 bug fixes."

Expected result: For the pet's healthbar just to grey out and become untargetable the same as when a mobile is out of range.

Reason being, it's very annoying to have to grab everyone's pet's healthbar again when you're with a group of tamers, also in PvP if you want to switch between targeting a player and their mount, it's very hard to target a mount when they keep mounting and dismounting you lose their bar after specifically grabbing it.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Here is a demonstration of how unfair it is on Classic Client that you go to the effort of dragging a mount's healthbar, and you then lose it when the rider mounts. In a heated battle, you just do not have time to keep trying to drag healthbar of a pet during the fight. (I only manage to pull up the health bar of my own mount by creating a macro to select nearest follower)

(also you see mount as blue first few seconds, if this were guarzone, would've been guardwacked)
    Please fix asap.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    it should be noted that the unofficial classic client does not drop the mount's healthbar upon mounting. It's pretty bad that non official clients are fixing bugs that the official client has not yet fixed.

• LexLex Posts: 38
    It's pretty bad that server trusts client this much, if it's not intended.
    Perhaps it'd be useful to incorporate features of the opensource clients into official client?

At some point, it'd be pretty great of Broadsword released player studio tools so players can submit content that could possibly be sold in UO store etc.
    Look at Rust , CSGO etc.  Sellable skins that players collect bring in a lot of cash to support game development.