Pets quickly losing loyalty

I have had this issue lately. One character has 120 real taming/lore. When using my 5 slot bane dragon or lesser hiryu, I have had times of them ignoring 4-5 commands in a row multiple times. They are also losing loyalty at a higher rate than in the past, even when not ignoring commands.

If this was one character or pet I'd say maybe they got bugged. But I had it happen to my treasure hunter on another account with 110 real taming/lore using my blue beetle.

Has anyone else had issues with loyalty dropping or controlling pets lately?

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2020
    Yes and no:

One pet tamed by owner and followed command by first owner is fine.

i have another character received a greater dragon from another player, it failed to follow commands more often. I have to feed it very often.

Both are 120 tamer and lore. Not sure why but sharing experience 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Have had pets ignore my commands but have noticed a wave of lag before or after each time... 
    Also on multi shards tamers all my cu's which are untrained btw are now 4/5 in control slots when i know for a fact all were 3/5.   @Kyronix can you give a look see if something is up with that.??
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2020
    Yes, I noticed a change in maintening pet loyalty in one of the recent patch (the patch when they put a cooldown on +skills jewels swapping) , I run 110 taming 115 animal lore to control a 5 slot bane with 108 requirement, and I can sometimes fail 3-4 times in a row a command, also if you run +taming or + lore on jewels, if you die you might be bugged and loose taming or lore skill , until you log out and back in, its a new bug... just saying

And another note on this bug, I fear it apply to all +skills on your jewels, so if you die, you somehow loose those skills even tho it shows you got the skills , until you log out and back in, then you get the skills back.

So if i was to put a priority somewhere, I'd  fix that bug over all other current bugs right now , you can loose pets because of this bug , no one should have to relog to get your skills back
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2020
    And another note on this bug, I fear it apply to all +skills on your jewels, so if you die, you somehow loose those skills even tho it shows you got the skills , until you log out and back in, then you get the skills back. ...
    see mervyn post about this bug: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7189/dress-reskill-double-focus-skill-loss#latest
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Have had pets ignore my commands but have noticed a wave of lag before or after each time... 
    Also on multi shards tamers all my cu's which are untrained btw are now 4/5 in control slots when i know for a fact all were 3/5.   @ Kyronix can you give a look see if something is up with that.??
    A patch a long time ago made all previously tamed beetles, Cus, Hiryus, change slots if you had not pressed the blue button. Old Beetles are 3 slot, Cus and Hiryus are 4 slot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • what blue button?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    My tritons lose their loyalty really fast when I do tmaps with them. But during the invasion they stayed at wonderfully happy the entire time.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    what blue button?

The one you push to start training, which you must have never done since you don't know the first step to train.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.