altering quiver of infinity

when you turn a quiver of infinity into gargish wing armor it will lose the 10% damage modifier and only keep the 20% lower ammo cost (which makes no sense because gargoyles can't use archery and throwing doesn't require ammo).

expected result: for the wing armor to get the 10% damage modifier instead of the 20% lower ammo cost

Comments

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited September 2019
    edited September 2019
    the same applies to the despicable quiver/unforgiven veil by the way, however in this case the lower ammo cost gets lost too along with the damage modifier:

• this issue has still not been resolved
    @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    It's interesting you bring this up actually,

I was asking Mariah to test to see if the Damage modifier worked on throwing weapons. As the mannequin described it as working on "ranged weapons" whereas we (compiling the magical properties page) described it as working on Archery.

So perhaps this is working as intended, maybe you don't get the damage modifier, are there ANY quivers that alter to enable modifier?

It probably is working as intended, it's a quiver for arrows.. the damage modifier doesn't work for melee weaps so..
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Why would only arrows be affected by damage modifier? Damage modifier should affect damage, not arrows and both, archery and throwing do ranged damage.

What DOES only affect arrows however is the lower ammo cost property, it thus has no use on gargoyle wing armor.

With that in mind doesn't it make much more sense to assume that instead of losing the damage modifier property altered quivers and unforgiven veils should lose the lower ammo cost property and keep the damage modifier property? It looks like the wrong property was wiped.

The simplest thing would be to just rename "Damage Modifier" to
    "Arrow Damage modifier" or something like that.

Then it would be clear what properties on a quiver work on a non archery char.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• even simpler: do not remove damage modifier, have it apply to both ranged weapon skills and get rid of the lower ammo cost for wing armor. more logical too ;-)
    Something tells me you play a gargoyle 

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    If i remember, the mods only applied to ammo from the quiver. At least the LAC
  • I think they removed the damage modifier for gargoyles for  balancing purposes, you are already shooting a one handed composite bow (soul glaive), it would be too strong if they had the +10% dmg modifier on top of that
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    the description we have for the property is
    Increases the final damage dealt by the bow it’s used with.
    If the game is looking for a bow to apply the property to and not finding one, it cannot therefore apply it.
    I believe it may be necessary to @Bleak to clarify further.
    edited September 2020
    Mervyn said:
    Something tells me you play a gargoyle 

not as my main but yes I do have a gargoyle also. It would be kind of hard to test many of the gargoyle related issues otherwise because you can't character copy to TC from Siege Perilous...