Patch and other links

DubhDubh Posts: 28
Can these please use the default browser instead of Internet Explorer?

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    If nothing else, this is a security risk to open pages on unsupported browsers, if there’s a third party ad on one of the pages, they’re creating a vector for malware to be introduced on your machine.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Dubh said:
    Can these please use the default browser instead of Internet Explorer?
    This change is needed. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What are you talking about?  I use Chrome and have ZERO problems opening any legit link provided by UO.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    links on the patch screen
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DubhDubh Posts: 28
    edited August 2020
    Mervyn said:
    If nothing else, this is a security risk to open pages on unsupported browsers, if there’s a third party ad on one of the pages, they’re creating a vector for malware to be introduced on your machine.
    Yeah, that's pretty much why I think this change is needed. Whenever I see Internet Explorer open I cringe. I'd disable IE system-wide if I could.
  • DubhDubh Posts: 28
    edited August 2020
    Bilbo said:
    What are you talking about?  I use Chrome and have ZERO problems opening any legit link provided by UO.
    Really?
    • Patch links open in Internet Explorer.
    • Help links don't work at all, as below (probably better than opening Internet Explorer).

• Store links seem to work as expected in the default browser, though.
    • Not sure what other links there are, but I'd be happy to add them to the list. :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Microsoft Edge has replaced IE.  The new version is actually as fast as Crome at loading pages.

But, those links do take you to IE instead.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.