Focus of Theurgy?

Hi all! In my tinkering menu I suddenly noticed an item called "Focus of Theurgy" that requires 20 Quicksilver to craft.
I have never heard of such a focus and neither quicksilver (in game) and all my searches turn out blank. Any help for an fellow curious traveler?

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited August 2020
    That would be a question for @Dot_Warner...

She is the one who is in the files all the time! (Sounds like part of the upcoming Black Gate event.)

Also, 100 Tinkering and 100 Magery to craft...interesting.

"Theurgy is the Pagan magic of Air, granted by Stratos on her free will. It is practiced by the Theurgists of Argentrock Isle, and mainly deals with spells of knowledge, illusion and healing. This all is possible thanks to the Breath of Air, an artifact used by Stratos to channel her power to her followers, so that no reagents are needed, only Foci to channel the power. With many years of study, foci are no longer needed for casting."

https://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Theurgy

-Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    edited August 2020
    That was part of the original pagan titan invasion. The 20th Anniv arc.  We killed elementals near Minoc and got quicksilver.
    Then attempted to craft a piece of the Obelisk with tinkering.

Been in the menu for years.

https://uo.com/the-shattered-obelisk/

Searching quicksilver UO.  Leads to a page of links in google.
    Searching Focus of Theurgy UO . Also leads to a page of links.
    You need to put UO after your main phrase.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Thank you for taking the time to reply! I was not active in game in 2017, so i totaly missed out on that one. You got a better set up with Google, Pawain, than myself. I only get links to clothes of Urban Outfitters when searching for "quicksilver uo" myself (which i tried before i posted).
    edited August 2020
    You left out the C.  I also mispelled it and got the Urban Outfitters links. :)

Or, Google changed it for us.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited August 2020
    Yeah, I missed that original invasion as well. Didn't know anything extra was still in the crafting menu.
    -Arroth
    They tend to leave things in.  Just in case someone wants to make it later.  Many of us have quicksilver stashed away.  They left soulbinders in the menu.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    Pawain said:
    They tend to leave things in.  Just in case someone wants to make it later.  Many of us have quicksilver stashed away.  They left soulbinders in the menu.
    I wouldn't mind if they make the ethereal soulbinders useful again in the future.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684

Quicksilver is the shell on the right.
    They were on the Quicksilver Elementals corpse at Minoc Mining Camp.

Once crafted, you stand in front of the cave entrance that was blocked with boulders.
    With Pagan spellbook in backpack, which has a spell obtained during this anniversary event.
    You say the words of the spell and are transported forward through the wall.
    Inside you received one of the items needed for the quest chain.