Mannequin

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited August 2020 in Bugs

****PARRYING also counts as negating a focus template

I took a look at the spell focusing sash description on the mannequin in game(just out of interest) and I recognised the description - because I wrote it (with Mariah). It was taken from the wiki:

So what i can't understand is why the description for spell damage increase, balanced, and info on the mana/stamina increase caps (no cap) were not also taken from the same accurate page.

Also, i think this has already been reported, but when you add refinements to a piece of armor, the mannequin no longer recognises that resist value at all, and gives a bad value.

Its actually not a bad effort at giving info to players about properties. But you need to give correct info.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2020
    I'm sorry but this statement is not true. the attacker receives the same damaged returned regardless of their physical resistance.

Just a comment on the description for str/dex/int, could perhaps have just written a sentence on what they're used for...
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Put an antique piece of jewelry on the mannequin, see how that goes...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    is that what was stopping me from viewing the stat screen?

Yup.
    edited August 2020
    It’s a real shame they didn’t take more info from the wiki page because on the wiki page under balanced it reads:
    ” Allows potions to be drunk while holding a 2 handed weapon. Weapons with this property will be unable to parry or evade.” which is more informative.

Our GM had to inform an experienced player of this yesterday when he noticed him casting evade with a balanced weap.

Lots of little extras on the wiki 

The ring issue was brought up here in Jan:
     https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/36481/#Comment_36481

In Oct 2019 I wanted the mannequin to show more stats so players could learn game mechanics when using them.

The stat sheets are complete for what they can do.
    We need to be able to set these values on the mannequin:

1. The values of skills that we want to test. (just the ones that affect stats on the sheet) Ex: Weapon skill, Anatomy, Parry etc.

2. The base Stats we want to use for Str, Dex, Intel.

This will allow the mannequin to accurately calculate the Damage range and other helpful info. Plus we can see the actual HP, Stamina, Mana.  (could toss in a final weapon speed number if you want with Parry and DCI)

Thanks!  A real test Mannequin would help many players!

Mannequin could be a test build that shows many more things.  But even trying to get it into place before it was complete did not help.  You think they are going to change it now?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    “I think it is very sad that this information has not been corrected, as for many players they use the mannequin information as a reference, I think it’s very sad and unfair when people don’t realise the SDI cap is 20% not 15% for PvP
    (and 25% for focus mage, not 30%)

(also, since the introduction of more spell damage increase items we have learned there is a hard cap of 250 for spell damage increase in PvM)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    They blew it with the mannequin upgrade.

They should have made it like a character sheet.  With adjustable skills and stats.

So we could put a suit on with a build and see all the stats.  Including damages and DCI.

This would help players understand how their stats and skills come together with the suit.

I brought this up during the test phase.  Make things above and beyond!
    “What you’re requesting is additional features, this subforum is concerned with bug fixing”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2022
    "Lower mana cost is not dealt with well on on mannequins, while it does show the bonus on the right from non medable armor, it's telling the user they have 42 LMC, when in fact they have 55 as the non medable armor doesn't just increase the LMC cap, it gifts you the additional lower mana cost also. So should read 55/55

Please note, heard in discord today:
    "player A: someone told me that if you wear bone armor you get extra lower mana cost
    player B: i didn't know that either"

"

• GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Also if armor have refinements , it's resists will be excluded from what you see i mannequin stat screen. Dunno , if it happens o other folks. 
    “That is already written in the OP of this thread”
  • magrodnyc2magrodnyc2 Posts: 23
    The new Apron with +10 skills Alchemy, doesnt show on the mannequin as well  @Kyronix
    edited June 2022
    The new Apron with +10 skills Alchemy, doesnt show on the mannequin as well  @ Kyronix

"ah yes interesting, this could be because they have described it wrong https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10569/mushroom-cultivators-apron-property-description-mistake

I am actually sure this is the case, because i just tested:
    gloves of mining
    legendary mapmaker's glasses
    (also ancient hammer - blacksmithy)
    and they too are not listed in the skills of the mannequin"

"Trying to sell a suit,
    when posting the stats, here are the mannequin display errors:"

edited March 2023
    "Hit lower defense mod does not calculate correctly,
    the mannequin adds up the glasses and the weapon when these mods don't directly stack (only multiply)
    expected result: for mannequin to display actual overall chance of hit lower defense"
    Yoshi said:
    "Hit lower defense mod does not calculate correctly,
    the mannequin adds up the glasses and the weapon when these mods don't directly stack (only multiply)
    expected result: for mannequin to display actual overall chance of hit lower defense"

A more direct one is not adding for me.  

You do not get the +3 LMC for wearing studded.

So 4 studded pieces with 8LMC on each just goes to 32.

" lower mana cost issue is covered in post May 2022"