"Biggest and Boldest" announcement...September 24th, 2020

"Earlier this year we talked about a major update coming to Ultima Online.  Yes, we've been tight lipped about the details but the time has finally come!  On September 24, 2020, as Ultima Online celebrates its 23rd Anniversary, join us as we share this exciting news with you!  Keep an eye on UO.com next month for full details on how to be part of this momentous occasion!  Long live UO!"

https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-52
-Arroth

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited August 2020
    @Kyronix ; Are the shrine battles ending or are they continuing as part of The Black Gate? 

Are we going to be able to get those Stone Virtue Tiles?

That armor better not be the turn ins...  I just trashed 250 of them to make room for other stuff.
    All my toons have Tabards.  

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2020
    Septembers Store Item is the Transmogrification Potion (Robe Slot)

Set Source Object (click arrow & then target Robe with Stats, like Hawkwinds)
    Set Destination Object (click arrow & then Target non stat robe slot item, like Evening Gown)
    click Okay

(pic of the potion is in the bag, as seen on TC)
    for ten bucks we should get that table also.
    Pawain said:
    shhh, they would sell more if they were 5
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:

Support, +1
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • @ Cinderella:

Where on TC you get this??? Nothing to see and click on the British Commons. And why the heck *sorry* must they use again the same graphics as the alchemy station - why can't they use a complete different design for the "blinds" under us that have no longer the best eyes? :'(
    What f.e. using the alchimist table graphics >>>> this one here Alchemist table southpng we have in the carpenter menu and give them a better look - perhaps with a better color choosing without overpaintings that always destroy the original art and makes everything to one color?  

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited August 2020
    @ Cinderella:

Where on TC you get this??? Nothing to see and click on the British Commons. And why the heck *sorry* must they use again the same graphics as the alchemy station - why can't they use a complete different design for the "blinds" under us that have no longer the best eyes? :'(
    What f.e. using the alchimist table graphics >>>> this one here Alchemist table southpng we have in the carpenter menu and give them a better look - perhaps with a better color choosing without overpaintings that always destroy the original art and makes everything to one color?  

the bottle in the bag, in my picture, is the transmog potion.
    you click on it and this is what appears.

And this was on TC a few months ago, but they have since wiped TC, so you can't see them again. I wanted to try the potion on a parrot and thats how I know they wiped TC.

===========

I think the alchemy station is in the drawing, because Alchemists make Potions. And the royal alchemists must have designed these so we can beautify our clothes the way we wish.
    I think they made that craftable alchemy station before they knew they were going to make usable work stations for crafting skills.

You just get a bottle for $ and they worked on parrots.  But the Parrot stopped flying, they said they would fix that part.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Looking forward to making some "Hawkwind infused" parrots :) 

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    I am completely prepared, to be extremely underwhelmed, with whatever announcement comes on September 24th. Assuming it even is announced on that date, and not "delayed" again. All in all, UO content in 2020 has sucked pretty badly.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    KHAN said:
    I am completely prepared, to be extremely underwhelmed, with whatever announcement comes on September 24th. Assuming it even is announced on that date, and not "delayed" again. All in all, UO content in 2020 has sucked pretty badly.
    To be clear - we didn't delay the announcement or release of anything.  There seems to be some misinformation floating around this was all planned for the Spring.  It wasn't.  

That being said, we are all very much looking forward to the 24th!  We can't wait to share this exciting news with you!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited August 2020
    Kyronix said:
    KHAN said:
    To be clear - we didn't delay the announcement or release of anything.  There seems to be some misinformation floating around this was all planned for the Spring.  It wasn't.  

That being said, we are all very much looking forward to the 24th!  We can't wait to share this exciting news with you!
    HMMMMMM, Ok. Thanks for the reply? I guess? I'm still not expecting much, but I might be surprised. I will check back on the 24th. Much like a lot of the players I know, I am pretty fed up with y'alls lack of response to the RMT people, and scripters/cheaters problems, and, at least I am finding better ways to spend my time. I still play UO, but just not as much, and I AM in the process of closing some of my accounts.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Direct quote from jan 2020 newsletter

"So what else is in store for UO this year?  The team has spent the better part of January thinking about what the future of Britannia looks like.  For over two decades players from all over the world have been part of the Ultima Online experience.  Those players have forged a legacy that will live on for generations.  For those who have been part of that legacy, you know the joy and excitement that comes with calling yourself a Britannian.  To build on that legacy and bring Ultima Online to the largest audience ever, the team is in the early stages of designing and building our biggest and boldest endeavor in over a decade!  We are incredibly excited about the future and cannot wait to share the journey with you!"

This is the only reference i can find atm, but i do seem to remember a post from march saying things were delayed because of covid.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    The nonsense about a March 'anything' was started by this article, where the writer confused two totally separate pieces of information in the January 2020 UO newsletter (Pub 108 release date and the "biggest and boldest endeavor") and declared that players would find out in March what the "biggest and boldest" was.  
    https://screenrant.com/ultima-online-new-update-2020-details/

It was poor reporting on the part of that author and it has spawned an endless mess of conspiracy both here and on Stratics. 

Edit: Notice that the Screenrant article cites an article on Massively Overpowered, which correctly reported that Pub 108 would be coming in March, and that there was a big thing coming at some point, but didn't confuse those two things.
    -Arroth
    edited August 2020
    Keep in mind that if they were just beginning to plan in January 2020, then had to do IDOC's (March 2020) and all the Holiday content (July 2020), they are probably just getting a good start on building whatever the "biggest and boldest" is. The announcement may come in September 2020, but the actual content probably won't arrive for some time. I personally think it will take them a year (September 2021) or two (September 2022 - UO's 25th birthday) before the "biggest and boldest" content is live. Would be delighted to be wrong, but building something of that size isn't going to happen in 3 months.

Also, with the rebuild of the content delivery back end, and the new speed with which they can deploy global events, they should be able to keep us entertained for a year or so while they work on the "biggest and boldest endeavor" - which I will forevermore refer to as BBE.

It's almost like they........planned it that way. 
    -Arroth
    From the april newsletter

"Once we release Publish 109 we will be full steam ahead on our next project - we know you are excited to know what we have in store for Ultima Online and we are excited to share it with you!  Keep an eye out for this big announcement!"

From may

With these features nearing completion it will allow us to finalize our design process for what's coming in Publish 110.  We know you are anxious to find out what our vision holds for the future of Ultima Online and we are anxious to share it with you in the coming months!

Depends on what they are planning.

It should be something that has been at least requested by the playerbase.
    edited August 2020
    Norry said:
    From may

With these features nearing completion it will allow us to finalize our design process for what's coming in Publish 110.  We know you are anxious to find out what our vision holds for the future of Ultima Online and we are anxious to share it with you in the coming months!

If the design process wasn't yet finalized in May, then I don't think a team of 5 will have the "BBE in over a decade" done by December.

Pub 110 may have forced their hand to reveal what they are up to, or at least the direction they are going, but I would be hesitant to say the whole of this endeavor is going to be released in a single publish. We'll see, but I'm sticking with at least a year before the content is actually live, or more likely, publishes from 110 throughout the next year(s) will be implementing what they announce in Sept.
    -Arroth
    Yeah, i think you are right. Pub 109 might have been the delay. With that, they con focus on the BBE, and spend a little time on setting up TOT events and whatnot.
    edited August 2020
    @kyronix Instead of telling us if Shrine battles will be turned off on Sept 24th you answer the comment of someone who exhibits the qualities of a troll.

Will we be able to get Tabards after Sept 24th?  Lack of information leads to rumors.

The newsletter says, The Shrines of Britannia lay in ruin.  Virtue has been decimated from the realm.  Will the Heros of Britannia answer the call and restore Britannia to the virtuous land it once was?
    We are pleased to announce the first offering in our Fall event series, The Black Gate.

Seems like shrines are involved...

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    @ kyronix Instead of telling us if Shrine battles will be turned off on Sept 24th you answer the comment of someone who exhibits the qualities of a troll.

Will we be able to get Tabards after Sept 24th?  Lack of information leads to rumors.

The newsletter says, The Shrines of Britannia lay in ruin.  Virtue has been decimated from the realm.  Will the Heros of Britannia answer the call and restore Britannia to the virtuous land it once was?
    We are pleased to announce the first offering in our Fall event series, The Black Gate.

Seems like shrines are involved...

Does that mean that the Mysterious Fragments will again have an use ?
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Norry said:
    Depends on what they are planning.

It should be something that has been at least requested by the playerbase.

Maybe they are reverting the treasure chests!!!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited August 2020
    @Pawain - no plans to turn off Shrine Battles with The Black Gate.  Go forth and collect your tabbards! 

@Arroth_Thaiel - someone has been paying close attention! ;)
    Thank You for the answer.  @Kyronix ; I hope there will be a new pet for us to celebrate the new system!
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    At least from the announcements so far, it doesn't look like something great is being done that will shake up UO's history and make the players who have left rejoice.
    I'm hoping that I won't have to cut back on my account either.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    Im just hoping their big announcment is that they fixed vender search that would make me happy for all time.
    Norry said:
    Yeah, i think you are right. Pub 109 might have been the delay. With that, they con focus on the BBE, and spend a little time on setting up TOT events and whatnot.

Thanks if you are same Norry that sold me the bear.

Has a nice home.

edited August 2020
    Yes sir. Enjoy :)

With the new baby, i enjoy doing events, and keeping gold on the shards. Keeps things local.

New mobs dont drop good loot now tho, so may make smaller shards difficult to buuld on.