First launch of UOAssist today deleted UOAssiat 9:30 PM PT April 5th

Hello,
Long time player using the Classic Client.  Last time I used UOAssist was about 5AM PT April 5, today.  First launched UOAssist with my first account about 9:30 PM today, April 5, and got the usual post-publish UOA notice saying it couldn't figure out which UO Account to associate with UO, so I continued into game to complete the logon.  Then per usual I closed UO completely (UOAssist closed automatically as well), and relaunched UOA for my first UO Account and suddenly got the warning that UOAssist was nowhere to be found!  I searched all my PC's drives and the Recycle Bin with no luck!  The file is just gone!

Has this happened to anyone using CC and UOAssist since PUB 99 went live world wide?

Thanks!
Kiera
(Sonoma Shard)

Comments

• I've had no problems with UOA and CC on both of my accounts.  Had the same 'after publish' message as well, but have luanched UOA since yesterday's publish multiple times without issue.
  • ZappZapp Posts: 14
    I JUST had this happen to me. (Or something like it)
    I was logging back in to change over to another account. I entered my info, picked my shard, picked my toon and it froze up on me completely. 
    I had to end up exiting out. I hit my shortcut for UOA and started to enter my account name when it just closed by itself. I thought, well that is weird. So I hit my short cut again, and it said that the file could not be located. 
    It had completely disappeared. 
    I remembered reading this just this morning, so it made me wonder what was going on. 

I did a complete search all through my hard drive and files.  
    I did end up finding the UOA.exe finally. 

It seems that for some really strange reason Mcafee had quarantined it as an unsafe file. 
    Try and look in your virus software quarantine area. May be there. I had to tell Mcafee that I thought UOA.exe was safe to be able to restore it. 

Have used both UOA and Mcafee together for 15+ years and have never had anything like this happen before. 

So just a bit of heads up information for you folks out there. 

Thanks
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    What security programs are you all using?  Some see UOA as a threat and could have wiped it.