How can a fresh new player make golds?

I used to play tamer, provo bard, etc long ago.
I came back and I am back to a very low populated shard, and I don't plan to get any help.
What would be the smartest way to collect golds in this case?
Should I start melee? I will probably not have access to good armors and weapons for a while.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Magery and Swordsmanship should get you killing a lot of stuff, collecting gold and loot. 

Also, look into the commission vendors. Set one up once you get a house and sell items on it. No daily fee on those but they take 5.25% of the sales. It’s negligible compared to how much you would lose with a daily fee, imo. Overall a good way to get some passive gold. 

If you need help pricing stuff, check out the vendor search. You can search almost all of the vendors in game now using this. Also a good way to buy gear you need and stuff. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Do treasure maps.  I can make a million in gold in a couple of hours of just doing supply maps.
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    Train up 5 mages on EJ accounts and chain kill shadowlord  by healing the tanks.
    Its free and easy legendaries.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Best bet is mentioned above.  Get a commission vendor, buy low and sell high.  Specialize in a few areas so you can recognize a good deal when you see it.  Vendors set there own prices and a few offer really good deals once in a while.  Check vendor search at least a couple of times a night.  It will probably take you a while to find out what sells and what does not.  Realize that it sometimes takes a while (sometimes a long while) for even good items to sell.  Prices vary over time so adjust your prices  up and down as necessary.
    There is a special market for pets in New Magincia.  If you are a tamer that might be a good bet.  I am not familiar with it.  Having a good powerful pet can be a huge advantage if you are hunting larger monsters that carry a lot of gold.
    Most things you can kill don't yield really that much gold.  My player does not do melee so I am not familiar with how much gold you can get that way.  When I started out I made most of my gold by killing things.  I'd recommend going after something that pays maybe around 1000 gold that you can take out with a slayer.  For example, I sometimes go after lesser hyrius.  With a dragon slayer I can drop those with just 3 hits.   
     I do treasure hunting and you can make a pretty good income from stash through cache chests.  I usually average about 33,000 gold from each chest  (after selling the jewels to a npc jeweler).  Some of the special items I sell for over 1million gold.
    If you play with a group, power scrolls demand the best prices so you could try that.  I am more of a solo player so I don't get into that.
    I've been playing now about two years and probably make about 2 million or so a month.  Probably 2/3rds of that comes from buying low and selling high.  As a treasure hunter between the gold and jewels in a chest I can make around 100,000 gold an hour not including the special items I sell on my vendor.
    Hope this helps.  Good luck out there.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    90.0 Skill bad can do the bard mastery quests and sell bard mastery books. Usually ~ 50k. Use commission vendors so you don't lose money. 

• LacrimaLacrima Posts: 20
    edited August 2020
    If u like Pvm I suggest you painted caves and deamon temple. Especially painted caves is an easier dungeon and u can loot from troglodytes sort of 400 golds and bandages if u use healing.
    Deamon temple is more difficult if u are just returned because u need good equips, more skills to combat and healing; u could try to handle drake, deamon, dragon and their loots are very good (450-550 golds) but watch out for great dragon if u go alone. 

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Killing earth elementals in the New Haven mine is good easy gold for low skill characters. Take all jewels and sell to Luna npc as well. 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    TimSt said:
    Do treasure maps.  I can make a million in gold in a couple of hours of just doing supply maps.

Agreed, the return of gold is good in particular for low level maps compare to the level of monster it spawns
    dvvid said:
    Killing earth elementals in the New Haven mine is good easy gold for low skill characters. Take all jewels and sell to Luna npc as well. 
    I forgot this way too, thanks for reminding it. 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Buy ingots in ter mur and sell them in luna

(On most ahards ingots are 8 gold in ter mur, and 30 in kuna, so you shoukd be abke to make a profit)
    Norry said:
    Buy ingots in ter mur and sell them in luna

(On most ahards ingots are 8 gold in ter mur, and 30 in kuna, so you shoukd be abke to make a profit)
    Marketing solution without moving a sword :)
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    There are many. Making shields out of shadow iron works to.

Nocs pay more for a higher durability
    Do you mean to make shields and sell them to vendors? 

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @Forest - If you have a tamer then you should be all set for making gold. You can tame a cu sidhe (if you don't already have a good pet) and use him to kill things like balrons and greater dragons. Besides dropping 1.5-2.5k in gold each they also can drop some decent gear for you to build up your suit (and progress to tougher things). Using discord on the baddies makes your pet have an easier time. 

What shard are you on? I have some shard shields and if I have one for your shard I can transfer you a decent cu (semi trained)... it will give me a reason to log in lol
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Take a Cu into the Dojo 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2020
    Fastest free gold is to find groups to go shadowguard and pick up the gokd. I never finish picking them up in all my shadowguard hunt and there is alot of gold on the group each stack I think 2000 to 5000 in many stacks.

There is only 5 mins to pick up the gold, so most players are busy looting the final dead boss. You can pick up all you can for 5 mins and may not have enough time to clear all too.

If you can get group that is understanding, u just need to ride along and stay out of trouble with just 50 skills in healing and magery to self heal or 50 hiding to hide at corner. Or use it to train character. Can also pick gold from the dead Npc in the first 3 rooms.

Offer to help to clear the puzzle in the Apple Tree room to earn a place with the group.

It is easier to do these with EC without 3rd party program. It has a scavenger function and loot agent.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs