Skills MISSING in Felucca Treasure Maps' chests ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited August 2020 in General Discussions
I happened to read at this Page https://www.uoguide.com/Power_Scrolls the following paragraph : 
Scrolls found in treasure chests will be related to the adventuring profession that buried the chest. It should be noted that not all skills have Power Scrolls at this time.  
So I went to a Web site that, I understand, has done extensive testing on this, and noticed that at their Treasure Map search link by items, https://www.uo-cah.com/treasure-map-search#s , within the Scrolls of Power that they were able to get from Treasure Maps, some 20 skills are listed (Veterinary is listed twice...).

Well, according to https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/scrolls-of-power/ , there is 33 Skills that have Scrolls of Power....

There is, though, Throwing and Mysticism missing from that UO WIki page ( @Mariah , you might want to add them ?) so, the skills for which Scrolls of Power exist are 35.

Of these, 31 have their Scrolls of Power from Champion Spawns, 2 (Blacksmithy and Tailoring) from Bulk Order Deeds and 2 (Fishing and Imbuing) from Quests.

Now, if UO-Cah is correct, then it means to me that some 35-20 = 15 skills' Powerscrolls (105s and 110s) are MISSING from Felucca Treasure Chests, NOT spawning....

Notably, the skills NOT listed at the above mentioned UO-Cah among those to be found in Felucca Treasure Maps would be : 

- Fencing
- Mace Fighting
- Archery
- Wrestling
- Anatomy
- Evaluate Intelligence
- Magic Resistance (Resisting Spells)
- Stealing
- Stealth
- Musicianship
- Necromancy
- Blacksmithy
- Tailoring
- Fishing
- Imbuing

I have no clue whether we really have a problem here, and whether all these many Skills' 105 and 110 Scrolls of Power are indeed not spawning in Felucca Treasure Chests, as one might understand from comparing the UO Wiki list of skills for which Scrolls of Power exist, and that of the UO-Cah Web site which indicates those skills for which, to my understanding, they were able to test the spawning in Felucca Treasure Maps' Chests of 105 and 110 Scrolls of Power.

Perhaps, though, given the high number of skills (15) for which apparently Scrolls of Power might NOT be spawning in Felucca Treasure Maps' Chests, the Developers might want to look at the Code and verify whether any and ALL 35 skills for which Scrolls of Power exist, are also set to spawn in the Treasure Map's Chests that pertains to the Profession that relates to them ?

@Kyronix ? @Bleak ? Can you please make sure that there is no issue preventing any and all 35 skills' 105/110 Power Scrolls to be able to spawn in their pertaining Profession Chests ?

And while you are at it, could you also please kindly verify and double check that also ALL skills' Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls are set to also spawn in the pertaining Treasure Maps' Profession's Chests since there is reports of players NOT finding some of them from Treasure Maps Chests ?

In this sense, please also see this Thread https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6893/imbuing-alacrity-drop-from-tmaps

Thanks !

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited August 2020
    Treasure chests should not have crafting or fishing power scrolls in them.  

How many chests have you dug up to verify the scrolls are not there?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2020
    Pawain said:
    Treasure chests should not have crafting or fishing power scrolls in them.  
    Well, considering that Blacksmithy and Tailoring are indeed crafting skills which pertain to the Artisan Profession for Treasure Maps, and that the Publish 105 Notes https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/ say : 
    Powerscrolls (Felucca Only, All packages except Artisan, Cache and above) Skill is based on package and level is based on chest quality up to +10
    You might be right about the Crafting Powerscrolls, and this, I need to assume, would also then include the Imbuing 105/110 Powerscrolls being them also related to Crafting and, thus, to Artisan Maps.....

Fishing though, which I imagine would relate to Ranger's Treasure Maps, is not Crafting skill and, thus, should spawn in the pertaining Profession Treasure Maps' Chests or the UO Wiki page be updated indicating that,in addition to Crafting Scrolls of Power, also Fishing Scrolls of Power would not be spawning in Felucca Treasure Maps' Chests (but why would there be such an exception for them ? Go figure...).

Nonetheless, even taking out those 3 Crafting skills (Blacksmithy, Tailoring and Imbuing) from the list of 15 apparently missing Scrolls of Power to spawn in Felucca Treasure Maps' Chests, there is still 12 skills apparently missing their 105 and 110s from Felucca Treasure Maps' Chests....

Furthermore, for Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls, from reading the Publish 105 Notes, to my understanding ALL of them should spawn in the pertaining Profession Treasure Chest, including also the Crafting ones and the Fishing ones.....

Yet, apparently, there is some of them which players are indicating as NOT spawning....

So, I think, a look at the code to see whether there may or not be something preventing the spawning of some skills' Scrolls or Power, Alacrity or Transcendence scrolls, might be beneficial.....

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Fishing/Crafting scrolls have never been in treasure chests. I don't see where they said that they would start.
    edited August 2020
    keven2002 said:
    Fishing/Crafting scrolls have never been in treasure chests. I don't see where they said that they would start.
    As I said in the above Post, while the Publish 105 Notes do mention 
    Powerscrolls (Felucca Only, All packages except Artisan, Cache and above) Skill is based on package and level is based on chest quality up to +10
    thus leading the reader to understand that Crafting Scrolls of Power (which would relate to Artisan packages...) would not spawn in Felucca Treasure Maps' Chests, the Publish Notes do not say anything in relation to the Fishing skill which is NOT a Crafting skill, obviously, and would relate, one would imagine, to the Rangers' Package which, according to the Publish Notes, would indeed get Powerscrolls, 105/110, level Cache and above, for the Felucca facet.

So, either there is some bug preventing some skills to actually have their Scrolls of Power spawn in Chests Cache and above in the Felucca facet, or the Publish Notes are incomplete since they ONLY exclude, to my understanding, the Artisan packages from spawning Scrolls of Power....

Furthermore, the issue of some skills' scrolls not spawning in Chests seems to not only be related to Scrolls of Power, but also, at least from players' lamenting their lack of sightings, also for Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls which should spawn for ALL skills, none excluded....

Hence, my suggestion that, perhaps, a close look at the code might be beneficial to see whether there may or not be issue preventing some skills' Scrolls of Power, Alacrities or Transcendence scrolls to spawn in the pertaining Packages' Treasure Maps' Chests.....
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited August 2020
    @Popps, I have received the following scrolls from the following chests...(Ah, the benefits of tracking what you're doing with a spreadsheet!)

Fencing - Assassin
    Mace Fighting - Warrior
    Archery - Ranger
    Wrestling - Warrior
    Anatomy - Assassin
    Evaluate Intelligence - Mage
    - Magic Resistance (Resisting Spells) - Mage
    Stealing - Assassin
    Stealth - Assassin
    Musicianship - Ranger
    Necromancy - Mage

-Arroth
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    I've got Stealth, Stealing, Fencing scrolls (and among others) in less than 5 Fel T Maps I've done this week so UO-Cah is probably not accurate enough in this case. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited August 2020
    Another easy button for Popps.  If he would do those quests he would have them.

Here is a post about a Fisherman who didn't write books on the internet, instead he played UO.
    It took him less than two weeks and at 105 skill he got a 120 and many other Fishing scrolls.
    He plays UO by doing the correct content to get what he wants. You Popps want to adjust the rewards to be at the content you want.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7014/fishing-120-ps#latest

Play. Get stuff. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LacrimaLacrima Posts: 20
    Pawain said:
    Play. Get stuff. 
    I like this statement for UO :)
    @ Popps, I have received the following scrolls from the following chests...(Ah, the benefits of tracking what you're doing with a spreadsheet!)

Fencing - Assassin
    Mace Fighting - Warrior
    Archery - Ranger
    Wrestling - Warrior
    Anatomy - Assassin
    Evaluate Intelligence - Mage
    - Magic Resistance (Resisting Spells) - Mage
    Stealing - Assassin
    Stealth - Assassin
    Musicianship - Ranger
    Necromancy - Mage

There is still a Missing Fishing skill, though, considering that it is not a Crafting skill (which, per the Publish Notes, are exempted to give Scrolls of Power for Crafting, namely Blacksmithy, Tailoring and Imbuing) and which, supposedly, one would think Ranger Treasure Maps should give...

Well, perhaps UO-Cah might then want to include your findings in their Web site ?

@Khyro ?

By the way, @Arroth_Thaiel , do you by any chance also have a record of your findings for Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls in Treasure Maps' Chests ?

Because, apparently, the UO-Cah Web site is not linking them for all skills, coupled with their pertaining Profession Package....

And, at least for Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls, ALL skills' scrolls, blues and pinks, should spawn in their related Profession Package Treasure Chest.....

Yet, several players lament Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls for some skills to not be found in Treasure Maps' Chests and, apparently, the same seems to indicate the UO-Cah Web site were several skills for Alacrity ad Transcendence scrolls seem to be missing within the list of those which they have been able to find in Treasure Chests.
    Aragorn said:
    I've got Stealth, Stealing, Fencing scrolls (and among others) in less than 5 Fel T Maps I've done this week so UO-Cah is probably not accurate enough in this case. 
    That is quite surprising, to my understanding the testing done by UO-Cah was quite comprehensive and many Treasure Maps were digged up.

I cannot understand why you have been able to find those scrolls, particularly if you had them doing "less then 5 Felucca Maps", but UO-Cah did not get them.

This might be some issue with the RNG making them drop for you, unusually, in so few chests ?
  • So, seeing as you ignored Pawain’s question I will also ask

How many treasure chests did you dig up before you start with you endless drivel ?

i hope it’s more that a few.   Do over 100 then get back to us.   Far too many changes happen due to casual players wanting everything off the bat 

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited August 2020
    Pawain said:
    . . .

@popps I don't see where you answered this part of @Pawain 's question.  How many have you dug up under the new system?  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited August 2020
    So, seeing as you ignored Pawain’s question I will also ask

How many treasure chests did you dig up before you start with you endless drivel ?

i hope it’s more that a few.   Do over 100 then get back to us.   Far too many changes happen due to casual players wanting everything off the bat 

That's a pointless question, to my opinion.

Regardless how many Chests I may have dug up, they would or could have never been as many as, supposedly, several players might have dug up for UO-Cah to produce their records.

There is no way that a single player can produce more testing work as compared to a pool of players. Or, it would be much harder I should say....

So, I need to assume that the findings indicated by UO-Cah on their Web site in regards to what may or may not spawn in Treasure Chests to be way more accurate and precise as whatever a single player could do.

Sure, I could find this or that scroll in a Treasure Chest out of sheer luck which the UO-Cah did not get but overall?

I need to think that overall the effort of a combined pool of players is way more accurate and precise as that of a single player.
    edited August 2020
    There is still a Missing Fishing skill, though, considering that it is not a Crafting skill (which, per the Publish Notes, are exempted to give Scrolls of Power for Crafting, namely Blacksmithy, Tailoring and Imbuing) and which, supposedly, one would think Ranger Treasure Maps should give...

As a fisherman myself, I'm perfectly fine to get Fishing scrolls from doing Professional Fisher Quest ONLY, instead of adding it into Treasure Map, and it has nothing to do with the Ranger professional. 
    edited August 2020
    popps said:
    Aragorn said:
    That is quite surprising, to my understanding the testing done by UO-Cah was quite comprehensive and many Treasure Maps were digged up.

I cannot understand why you have been able to find those scrolls, particularly if you had them doing "less then 5 Felucca Maps", but UO-Cah did not get them.

This might be some issue with the RNG making them drop for you, unusually, in so few chests ?

That's funny, I'm telling you my personal experience and you refuse to believe. I can take a screenshot of the scrolls but I think you will still not believe it. How about I take a video to show the whole process from digging up the chest, kill the mobs, open up the chest and have it recorded to show to you, but hey, why do i need to lie? 

it's also funny that you bring up the RNG point, which means you already believe those scrolls will be spawn just the chance is low, which again means UO-Cah is not accurate which you refuse to believe.

Go play the game if you don't trust anyone, and there is no point to come to this forum to ask if you don't believe in other people.  
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Doesn’t luck also factor in here? 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Some scrolls you get elsewhere. It’s not a big deal. 
    edited August 2020
    Aragorn said:

As a fisherman myself, I'm perfectly fine to get Fishing scrolls from doing Professional Fisher Quest ONLY, instead of adding it into Treasure Map, and it has nothing to do with the Ranger professional. 
    The thing is, though, that the 105 Publish notes ONLY and specifically exempt Artisan Professional Treasure maps from spawning, when dug in Felucca, 105 and 110 Scrolls of Power (Levels Cache and up).

And, as we know, Artisan packages relate to Crafting skills within which, Fishing is NOT one.

Fishing, one would think, relates more to the Ranger's package.

So, per the 105 Publish Notes, everything leads to understand that Fishing Scrolls of Power should indeed be found in Treasure Maps dug up in Felucca.

Furthermore, as I said, any and all Alacrity (Blue) and Transcendence (Pink) scrolls should spawn in the pertaining Professional packages Treasure Chests.

This, including all Crafting skills (thus also Imbuing), Fishing and so forth.

Yet, from several players' lamenting not finding them, this seems not to happen for some skills.

Hence, I think it would be beneficial if the Developers could give a close look at the Code to see whether there may be issues preventing Scrolls of Power, Alacrity scrolls and Transcendence scrolls for some skills to spawn in the pertaining Professional package Chests and fix it so that they can finally spawn.

At least, that is how I see it.
    edited August 2020
    dvvid said:
    Some scrolls you get elsewhere. It’s not a big deal. 
    The point is having accurate and precise informations so that a player not knowledged at Ultima Online (perhaps a New player or a returning one from being many Years away), if looking for a given item can "look up" the pertaining informations and go do what gameplay yields that item.

A player needs Fishing Scrolls of Power or Alacrities or Transcendence ?

They search the Web, check out the Publish 105 Notes, see that they, NOT being Crafting scrolls, should be available "also" in some Professional Package Treasure Maps (remember, ONLY the Artisan Treasure Maps do NOT produce Scrolls of Power, per the 105 Publish notes and, Fishing is NOT a Crafting skill which Artisan package Maps relate to...), supposedly the Ranger Professional Package, and go dig them up from Level Cache upwards...

And they should find them, then.

Same thing for any and all skills Alacrity (Blues) and Transcendence (Pink) scrolls....

If someone is looking for, say, Imbuing Alacrities or Transcendence scrolls, they should go dig up Artisan Treasure Maps (Imbuing obviously relates to a Crafting skill) and get them, eventually.

YET, as this Thread here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6893/imbuing-alacrity-drop-from-tmaps points out, Imbuing is one of those skills for which players seem not to find Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls.....

That is why I insist that something might be faulty with the Code and that it should be looked at to find it and fix it..... because per the 105 Publish Notes, my understanding from reading them is that not only ALL Skills for which there is Scrolls of Power (inlcuded Fishing) should spawn BUT the Crafting skills pertaining to the Artisan Professional Package (namely Blacksmithy, Tailoring and Imbuing), but any and all skills Alacrity (Blue) and Transcendence (Pink) scrolls should spawn in the pertaining Professional Package Treasure Chests.

Well, to many players lamenting this, there is skills for which scrolls are NOT spawning in the pertaining Professional Package Treasure Chest.

That is why I insist that a close look at the Code and a fix, where necessary, would be beneficial.
  • popps said:

Hence, I think it would be beneficial if the Developers could give a close look at the Code to see whether there may be issues preventing Scrolls of Power, Alacrity scrolls and Transcendence scrolls for some skills to spawn in the pertaining Professional package Chests and fix it so that they can finally spawn.

How about this Popp's  do about 100 of each class of map and each package type of map,  document what you get and supply the info to the Dev's.  this would probably give them the information they need to determine what is and isn't dropping. I've done possibly a couple thousand maps and i personally don't think it is enough to say what is and isn't dropping in the chests. I didn't document it though because i play the game to have fun, not worry about whether i am getting a certain pixel or not.

edited August 2020
    Aragorn said:
    popps said:
    Aragorn said:

That's funny, I'm telling you my personal experience and you refuse to believe. I can take a screenshot of the scrolls but I think you will still not believe it. How about I take a video to show the whole process from digging up the chest, kill the mobs, open up the chest and have it recorded to show to you, but hey, why do i need to lie? 

it's also funny that you bring up the RNG point, which means you already believe those scrolls will be spawn just the chance is low, which again means UO-Cah is not accurate which you refuse to believe.

Go play the game if you don't trust anyone, and there is no point to come to this forum to ask if you don't believe in other people.  
    I am only saying that I find it odd that a single player can get to find something which a pooled up effort from a number of players did not find.....

Not saying it cannot be done, only saying that I find that unusual....

Yes, the RNG.... but the RNG "averages" on large numbers so, while it certainly is possible that an individual can be lucky from a beneficial RNG to find a given scroll, a combined and pooled up effort by multiple players, eventually, on a much larger number of Treasure Maps digged up as compared to what a single player could do, I would imagine should produce better and more accurate results, even considering the "weirdness" and unpredictability of the RNG.

I mean, if, as you report, you were able to find those scrolls in less then 5 Treasure Maps, then the pooled up effort by multiple players at UO-Cah must have been extremely unlucky with the RNG not to get any of those scrolls in the many, many, many Maps that I imagine were dug up when doing the Testing which then produced the results showed at their Web site.

Again, it is not a matter of trusting or not trusting this or that, it is only a surprise in me that a single player gets some of those scrolls in less then 5 Maps and yet, doing a lot more maps, because of a really bad RNG, I need to imagine, those same scrolls did not show up in a pooled up effort done by a more numerous number of players and thus were not reported as being found or findable.....

It is a surprise, nothing else.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    They arent missing, cah site is an alpha release and havent been updated since jan 19.

They posted the scrolls they had gotten during testing.

After that I dont think they have done much t hunting, or just havent updated the scroll list  to include them all.

The various skills you can get scrolls for from champs are the same as the ones from t maps. There isnt any evil code to take some away.

In your earlier post about missing transcendence and alacrity scrolls, players told you that they had got them from t maps.
    edited August 2020
    popps said:

How about this Popp's  do about 100 of each class of map and each package type of map,  document what you get and supply the info to the Dev's.  this would probably give them the information they need to determine what is and isn't dropping. I've done possibly a couple thousand maps and i personally don't think it is enough to say what is and isn't dropping in the chests. I didn't document it though because i play the game to have fun, not worry about whether i am getting a certain pixel or not.
    Don't the Developers have "stress tools" to test their Code and see how it works way, but WAY more efficiently then a player ?

Imagine the time it would take to a player to obtain (i.e. farm Monsters who drop them), dig up the thousands of Maps that it would need to test whether or not the Code functions well, and imagine how long it would take to a Developer who could simply "mass spawn" Treasure Chests for all packages to their liking and see what spawns in them....

Clearly, to a player it would take months, to a Developer some hours....

I would imagine then that it is way more productive and efficient that such a test was to be done by the Developers with the mighty tools that they have at hand rather then any player....

Wouldn't it be ?
    Chrille said:
    They arent missing, cah site is an alpha release and havent been updated since jan 19.

They posted the scrolls they had gotten during testing.

After that I dont think they have done much t hunting, or just havent updated the scroll list  to include them all.

The various skills you can get scrolls for from champs are the same as the ones from t maps. There isnt any evil code to take some away.

In your earlier post about missing transcendence and alacrity scrolls, players told you that they had got them from t maps.
    It looks like that there is still quite a few skills for which players are NOT finding Alacrity (Blue) nor Trascendence (Pink) scrolls in the pertaining Treasure Map Professional Package Chest....

Only to name a few, Imbuing, Begging, Bushido, Herding and possibly also Fishing....

• popps said:
    popps said:

Don't the Developers have "stress tools" to test their Code and see how it works way, but WAY more efficiently then a player ?

Imagine the time it would take to a player to obtain (i.e. farm Monsters who drop them), dig up the thousands of Maps that it would need to test whether or not the Code functions well, and imagine how long it would take to a Developer who could simply "mass spawn" Treasure Chests for all packages to their liking and see what spawns in them....

I would imagine then that it is way more productive and efficient that such a test was to be done by the Developers with the mighty tools that they have at hand rather then any player....

Wouldn't it be ?
    The best way to figure this out would be live testing and that would mean playing the game.  it will take a lot of people, doing a lot of maps to determine if certain skills aren't dropping,and they would need to document it. personally, i wouldn't do it and i wouldn't complain if some weren't dropping because there are so many other ways to get them playing the game.  

• Pawain said:
    . . .

@ popps I don't see where you answered this part of @ Pawain 's question.  How many have you dug up under the new system?  
    I will take it that you do not want to answer this one . . .

edited August 2020
    popps said:
    Aragorn said:
    popps said:
    Aragorn said:

I am only saying that I find it odd that a single player can get to find something which a pooled up effort from a number of players did not find.....

More than 1 player has told you they can get some of those scrolls in this thread and you're still arguing........ I don't know what else i can say 
    popps said:
    popps said:

Wouldn't it be ?
    The best way to figure this out would be live testing and that would mean playing the game.  it will take a lot of people, doing a lot of maps to determine if certain skills aren't dropping,and they would need to document it. personally, i wouldn't do it and i wouldn't complain if some weren't dropping because there are so many other ways to get them playing the game.  
    The Developers, I would imagine, do not need to hunt for monsters to get Maps, nor to dig up chests and fight the spawn....

I need to imagine that they have Developers tools (like those clickies or Gates on Test Server) which would enable them to "mass produce" all Packages Maps, open them up with no spawn to have to fight and see whether all scrolls that should spawn, be them Scrolls of Power,Alacrity Scrolls or Transcendence Scrolls, so spawn in the pertaining Treasure Chest for the related Package skill.

I do not see just how any player of group of player could so such a testing as efficiently and realistically as a Developer could do, considering the Developing "stress tools" that they can have handy....

Asking to players to do such testing, which would require months upon months, when a Developer could do it in a few hours, I would imagine, is simply inefficient.
    Pawain said:
    . . .

@ popps I don't see where you answered this part of @ Pawain 's question.  How many have you dug up under the new system?  
    I will take it that you do not want to answer this one . . .
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/44952/#Comment_44952
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @popps ; First: thank you for the headsup on the scroll list, it would appear that page missed being updated for Stygian Abyss.

To address your list:
    - Fencing found in assassin maps
    - Mace Fighting found in warrior maps
    - Archery - found in ranger maps
    - Wrestling found in mage maps
    - Anatomy found in assassin maps & (I think) warrior maps
    - Evaluate Intelligence - found in mage maps
    - Magic Resistance (Resisting Spells) found in mage maps
    - Stealing found in assassin maps
    - Stealth found in assassin maps
    - Musicianship found in ranger maps
    - Necromancy found in mage maps, Malas facet
    Here I quote, as you did, the wiki page:
    Powerscrolls (Felucca Only, All packages except Artisan, Cache and above) Skill is based on package and level is based on chest quality up to +10
    - Blacksmithy - Scrolls of Transcendence and Alacrity only
    - Tailoring
    - Fishing
    - Imbuing

In conclusion, only powerscrolls that are available from champion spawns can be found in Felucca maps.
    Blacksmith, Tailoring, Fishing and Imbuing are already freely available through gameplay in Trammel facets.
This discussion has been closed.