tooltip bug

GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
edited May 2020 in General Discussions
hi
I asked this, times ago in the forum and sent emails but I never get any answers.
Why does the delay tooltip option never worked in Classic Client?  it's a 20+ years bug.

Thanks
@Mesanna @Kyronix

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2020
    What exactly do you mean? Seems to be working okay for me, you choose a delay time and that is how long you have to hover the mouse over an object for before the properties appear.

Is there no delay for you at all?
    How long do you want the delay to be?
    How long is it currently set at?

Can you upload a video to show the issue?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    edited August 2020
    oops deleted.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2020
    Sorry, tooltips is not item properties, but information on spells and information on buffs/debuffs, i'm sure there are other things.

But i really cannot find any issue with the delay function at all. Need more specifics.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• GandalfGandalf Posts: 115

Set it to 100 or 5000 don't change anything.

the default value is set to 1000ms. Iam sure its an unfinish feature.
    When you mouse over your buffs/debuffs, or spell descriptions in the game, it is changing the delay time when the info appears. 
    (Most players will want to drop the value to 100)

It is working 100% correctly for me. 

why not items ?
    So I was talking about the same thing. 
    Mine does not show item properties when I first log in until I move an object and get something to show.

Also when I recall, it does the same thing. I can't see an item on a vendor until I move something and get that item to show.

But when it is working the delay settings do work.
    edited August 2020
    Pawain said:
     I move something and get that item to show.

But when it is working the delay settings do work.
    you're managing to get a delay on items??

Just out of interest, why does anyone want a delay before anything shows?

If you really want some fun with tooltips options, change the colour and see if you can change it back. (There is a solution)

Ya the delay setting works. I have mine on minimum. I also don't know why you would want one unless you move really slow and don't want to see everything until you stop on an item.

But, it has a problem when I log in or recall. It shows nothing on items until I drag an item. 
    I dont wanna loose 1 second reading each items. it could take 0.5s or less
    So, they delay works.  You just want it to be less.

Hopefully the Devs wasted no time on this thread.  Next time make a thread that is cogent.
    edited August 2020
    Pawain said:
    So, they delay works.  You just want it to be less.

Hopefully the Devs wasted no time on this thread.  Next time make a thread that is cogent.
    Tooltip is used to read object property list, so it should not only working with buff bar but also with Items.   So keep your words for u and take the left way.

If it was not designed for items, then it can be nice as a feature.
    It does work with items.  You can set the delay to take 5 seconds to read item properties. Or you can have a smaller delay.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited August 2020
    Gandalf said:
    Tooltips and Item properties are 2 different thing. On the same page as you adjust the delay time, the first option is actually turn off the tooltips itself. You can try yourself and even if you turn off the tooltips, item properties is still showing up. Tooltips are things like putting mouse over a spell icon and it will display description of that icon. 

Item properties has another setting on the other hand, under "Interface" you can choose 

- At icon
    - Always up
    - Follow Mouse
    - Single Click

You can try the differences yourself but there is no option to set the delay for item properties so what you are asking should be a feature request, instead of a bug. 
    one of these options does have 0 delay.