Possible road map on what to expect?

@Kyronix - Can we get some kind of update on what to expect soon? There was some buzz built from the June newsletter of story lines starting in September but nothing else about them besides the names. As a 20+ year veteran, I've found myself extremely bored since the latest soft launch ended last week... I've even gone on TC1 to see if maybe something new was added there to test. 

Any insight as to what we can expect over the next couple of weeks would at least keep interest going and possibly setting up for the next "new" content to do.

Thanks!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    That was it, they told us.

https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-50

Sept is less than 2 weeks away.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @Pawain - Please give some details on Black Gate since I'm missing it from the newsletter. Is it a treasures of event? Is it an quest event arc? What type of rewards (if any)? What type of mobs? Will it be more like an EM event that I need to be on at certain times? 

Sept is less than 2 weeks away yet nothing except for "The Black Gate" has been released as far as details. Are we going to get something new without it hitting TC1? 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2020
    I think that is what the new tool is for, it was already in TC and now rolled out in 109. As they said before, there will be global events using these tools, so they do not require 3 tests.
    That is why the Dev are so excited about this tool.

I can imagine the new tool is an Ala Carte menu with options, ticks and then press the button "Activate", or "Schedule to Activate at a Later Date"...

There you go... instant "The Black Gate". The spawns are up to you to find out what he selected in the setting up...

Next the Undead lords, same thing, open the menu, press press buttons and activate.

I just completed setting up 2 major events above... so there is no need to announce so early.

I think I can imagine it is like the way we program the bots in custom game in Counterstrike. There is a menu to select what map, location, how many enemies, etc. Then activate.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LacrimaLacrima Posts: 20
    thank you, I missed this newsletter
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    keven2002 said:
    @ Pawain - Please give some details on Black Gate since I'm missing it from the newsletter. Is it a treasures of event? Is it an quest event arc? What type of rewards (if any)? What type of mobs? Will it be more like an EM event that I need to be on at certain times? 

Sept is less than 2 weeks away yet nothing except for "The Black Gate" has been released as far as details. Are we going to get something new without it hitting TC1? 

When have they ever told us details before content hits Test Center?

Cinderella gave you a good guess on the other Forums.

Anniversary rewards should also be out in September if they are keeping their schedule.

I have no clue as to what will be released and when.  I am still waiting on the Biggest and Boldest.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Don't think we'll hear much before August 31st.

Would be happy to be surprised though.
    -Arroth
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    We're finishing up the dynamic quest system that will be (part of) the engine that drives The Black Gate in September.  The latest newsletter sets the fictional tone.  Keep an eye on UO.com for when you can start embarking on that adventure!
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Kyronix said:
    We're finishing up the dynamic quest system that will be (part of) the engine that drives The Black Gate in September.  The latest newsletter sets the fictional tone.  Keep an eye on UO.com for when you can start embarking on that adventure!

@kyronix - Thank you, looking forward to it all!

My 2 boys have started playing UO with me, they are loving it, I'm hoping to have them in good enough shape to fully experience whatever is coming.

Sadly for me, my extended Covid-19 holiday is coming to an end, the boys have to go back to school, we have to go back to work, so I will get less UO time, I've really enjoyed the last few months. :)

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

PS. Did I see a response somewhere on these forums, where someone asked for thief love, and Kyronix said something was in the pipeline for rogues in the future?

I've looked, can't re-find it, but that would also be very very cool. :)

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Cookie said:

PS. Did I see a response somewhere on these forums, where someone asked for thief love, and Kyronix said something was in the pipeline for rogues in the future?

I've looked, can't re-find it, but that would also be very very cool. :)

"4.  Can we get some thief love?
    Funny you should ask...while we can't share exact details at this time we have some thoughts on the thief profession.  Keep an eye on UO.com and future newsletters for details."

https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-52
    -Arroth