Cocoa Butter

Please make this stack!!

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yes all cooking ingredients should.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    dvvid said:
    Yes all cooking ingredients should.
    Not just cooking ingredients, ALL stackable items should stack !!

And, also, please, FIX those stackable items which have issues preventing them to stack !!

I have in a character's bank box, FOUR different types of lockpicks, and this only to make an example, which won't stack with one another !!

And I could name other items which "should" stack but, whatever the reason, don't....

Thanks.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Add Blackrock to the list and tiles.  I have 12 grass tile stacks.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    And tasty treats!! The cadellite tasty treats stacked and did a very similar thing so why not make the regular ones stack too? 
    popps said:

I have in a character's bank box, FOUR different types of lockpicks, and this only to make an example, which won't stack with one another !!

I agree those all should stack, but I'd recommend just getting rid of some of those lockpicks.  They cost so little, you could just stick with a stack that actually works instead of hanging onto 4 weird stacks.

That being said, I've seen this happen with potions too.  The exact same potions won't stack for no reason.  
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited August 2020
    dvvid said:
    popps said:

I agree those all should stack, but I'd recommend just getting rid of some of those lockpicks.  They cost so little, you could just stick with a stack that actually works instead of hanging onto 4 weird stacks.

That being said, I've seen this happen with potions too.  The exact same potions won't stack for no reason.  
    @popps use comm deeds to make them all the same
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited August 2020

dvvid said:

I use Taste ID on my crafter to stack all looted potions at the end of an evening's PvP. When the Taste IDer has recognised the potions, they all stack.

• Pawain said:
    Add Blackrock to the list and tiles.  I have 12 grass tile stacks.
    They already stack, but since their graphics are the gems, they have 9 stacks. they just need to take it down to one type.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MelchiahMelchiah Posts: 42
    Some of that older blackrock no longer spawns, and I think most of the newer mined stuff only comes in a few types, so should stack easier. 
    It’s a bit like those old gem graphics, and the ones that dropped from the Magincia Invasion - bin them off, or combine them, and someone will kick off a stink. 
    But yes - single type consumables, like lockpicks, cocoa butter, sugar sacks and the like, would be great if they stacked. Power crystals too?
    Wasnt there a list of these items floating around not that long ago?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    dvvid said:
    popps said:

That is not the point (getting rid of lockpicks because they are cheap...).

The point I am trying to make, is that stackable items should STACK without being subject to these bugs !!

What if this was to happen to more expensive items as lockpicks ?

As I see it, items that can be made stackable should be made as such and their "stackability" should WORK, and not produce different variations of the same item which then so not stack with one another thus forcing players to have to have multiple stacks of the same item....

Want another example ?

Seeds.

They stack when thrown inside of a seed box BUT, when taken out of a seed box, they ONLY stack inside of a character's backpack, NOT in a secured container of a home....

I found that out, when trying to make room in a seed box and taking out of that seed box close to a thousand of seeds that I had of the same kind... of course, so many seeds do not fit in a character's backpack who cannot hold them.... so, I tried to do in "in steps" taking out 300 at a time... unfortunately, when I went to place the 300 x 3 seeds stacks I took off from the seed box in my backpack in 3 different picks from the seed box, when I went to drop them into a secure with my displeasement I found out that they created 2 different stacks of 300 SAME seeds rather then
    a single stack of 900 seeds.....

And the same thing also happens with fish steaks that come as loot on Charybdis.... sometimes same steaks stack,but sometimes they do NOT and produce different stacks even though they are the exact same steaks.... oddily enough, this problem I did not notice (so far), with fish/lobsters/crab meat that also spawns on Charybdis corpse.... so far, they different corpses' spawned meat as spawned with same type..... how come this difference ?

Anyways, my point is that this should not happen. What is happening with these other items is the same that is happening with my lockpicks which created 4 different stacks, and I can guess that there is more items which have the same issue, only, that I have yet to bump into them...

We have stackable items ? Then they should ALWAYS stack..... this is the point I am trying to make.
    Also, why Blackrock Stew does not stack ?

And why we cannot stack also same type/color fishing nets ?

Or why cannot we stack up Power Crystals, as just another example that can be made ?

Shall I keep going on with more and more items which could well be made stackable being all the same but are not ?

THAT is my point.

Working on items stacking should be, to my opinion, a # 1 Priority to help out players with bettering their storage (or lack of) issues....
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Id love the Peas you have to buy from the Cooking vendors to come stacked! To make wasabi it takes a lot of peas!  
    i agree things need to be made to stack.  As for the grass tiles.. put in a plain bag and go to brit use the chest at the jewelry shop wall and drop in. It will make it 4 stacks.  The potions bit i have gotten use to using taste id in my combining pots.  on one alchemist he has gm taste now.
    Lady_Storm said: 
    As for the grass tiles.. put in a plain bag and go to brit use the chest at the jewelry shop wall and drop in. It will make it 4 stacks.  
    That is very dangerous!  If I were to put my stacks in the box, most would go poof.  It supposedly works for tiles that do not stack, but I am not taking that chance.

Kyronix answered a post about it in the bugs section. Read in here:

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1433/stackable-grass-tiles-deleted-by-stacking-chest-by-brit-bank/p1

edited August 2020
    I got brave and combined my snow tiles.  I had 80 that did not stack and 8 stacks.

I started with 4 that didn't stack, that worked. Then I did 10 at a time they all came out and stacked with the ones in the bag of 8 stacks.   I put aside the 4 stacks with the lowest amounts. I put one tile from each in the bag and they all came out and stacked with the main four.  

So, that saved me over 80 storage spaces!

Make sure you only put single tiles into the stacking chest.  And don't confuse  a public trash can chest with the tile stacker chest. hehe

My 8 stacks of grass tiles are all between 11 and 13 tiles.  So I cant tell which 4 are the correct stacks so I am not going to try to combine those.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I've put all of my grass tiles in that box at one time or another and never lost a one, just sayin'
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Id love the Peas you have to buy from the Cooking vendors to come stacked! To make wasabi it takes a lot of peas!  
    i agree things need to be made to stack.  As for the grass tiles.. put in a plain bag and go to brit use the chest at the jewelry shop wall and drop in. It will make it 4 stacks.  The potions bit i have gotten use to using taste id in my combining pots.  on one alchemist he has gm taste now.
    yes and let you be able to purchase lot of them at once.
    I can use my beetle to take them home.
    I have to agree, I would love to have these stack.
    Also the cocoa liquor.
    Or give us a spice box.
    works like a seed box, but holds food.
    And only uses one storage.

I know the DEVs don't want us to hoard stuff, but there are players who gather lot of cocoa butter, cocoa liquor, etc just to be able to make chocolate nutcrackers for the holidays.

currently i have them in one container, so I know where they are.
    But would be much nicer if we had a special container to put them in.

When I'm out fighting and see these on corpses, I always loot them.
    It means one less that Mrs Claus doesn't have to make.
    And because they don't stack, it takes up more space.
    Also you can't insure them.
    I can't even begin to think of how many have gotten stolen from me when I die.
    (Sorcerers Dungeon during the Treasures of, got lot stolen lol)

A special container for cooking ingredients  would be incredible. Currently my cooks bank box is packed from all of the ingredients.  I always wanted a cooking area in my house for BODs but that is out of the question. 
    The ingredients we have to buy to make fish steaks do not stack.

OOO i like the idea of a spice box...   they want people to play but if you need a ton of storage just to cook stuff it kind of puts a damper on it.  
    Spice box 
    Meat locker (meat fish and foul)
    Fridge (keeps the milk, cheese and eggs cold)
    Hmm 1 lock down per  holds 5000 count Like seed box keeps my kitchen off the lag zone.
    I like it!!!   Cindy your a genius
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited August 2020
    While you are at it, either remove the sweet cocoa butter BoDs from the list of BoDs available to newbie cooks or give us an easier way to get cocoa pulp. At least 40% of BoDs received with a new character are for sweet cocoa butter. It takes 18 days to grow a tree to full resource. What newbie is going to be able to do that? No one sells it because it takes too long to grow the resource.
    hmmm  I do put the pulp on my skill gaining vendor. It sells out quickly. As you said 18 days and even with all my garden beds full of the trees its a long haul to keep up.  My son looks at my shipments with the pulp and shakes his head...  as in his opinion its not what he would ship off.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Cooked pizza and three tiered cakes should stack as well.
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited August 2020
    hmmm  I do put the pulp on my skill gaining vendor. It sells out quickly. As you said 18 days and even with all my garden beds full of the trees its a long haul to keep up.  My son looks at my shipments with the pulp and shakes his head...  as in his opinion its not what he would ship off.

I have tried many days to buy it, but people tell me it is not worth it to grow for sale. Plus, I do not think I would pay a high price (for all the headache to grow it) just to fill up bods to turn in for better ones. 9 more days till I get 8 trees with pulp. Even then, I may just save it for a rainy day & trash the cocoa butter BoDs.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It makes no sense that after years of hoarding High Seas junk I can easily have 60k cabbage in a stack and it's ok, but someone else can't have 158 cocoa in a stack. I fail to see the game breaking effects this would cause.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Estel_Randir Which shard are you on?  I have several hundred pulp on Pac.
  • OOO i like the idea of a spice box...   they want people to play but if you need a ton of storage just to cook stuff it kind of puts a damper on it.  
    Spice box 
    Hmm 1 lock down per  holds 5000 count Like seed box keeps my kitchen off the lag zone.
    But.....   We live in an age where there is no power to make the fridge cold.  I foresee a hamster quest to run the wheel, that powers the fridge that cools the eggs...  All in the house that Lady Storm built
    Sir_Jerms said:
    OOO i like the idea of a spice box...   they want people to play but if you need a ton of storage just to cook stuff it kind of puts a damper on it.  
    Spice box 
    But.....   We live in an age where there is no power to make the fridge cold.  I foresee a hamster quest to run the wheel, that powers the fridge that cools the eggs...  All in the house that Lady Storm built
    Water Wheels produce electricity.
    before that, they had giant chunks of ice that would keep ice boxes cold.

==================

we need a fridge or spice box.
    its one thing that i thought was missing from the Kitchen set.
    (but I'd rather it actually be used like a seed box)

Also I was surprised that the Kitchen set didn't have a coal bucket or poker set to go with the wood stove.

i used a switch, which sorta resembles what i wanted.

A spice rack or whatever is a great idea.  Something to keep the paragon ingredients in and to hold the sauces for fish pies would help since those do not stack.
    I totally forgot the fish pie stuff...  I dont know about your house but I have a steam driven power distribution system...  and water wheel/pond
    Plenty of Power in UO.