Please consider the following Fishing requests......

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
edited August 2020 in General Discussions
SOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING

@Mesanna please can the following fishing issues be looked at.....

My fisherman is 120 skill and I dont think the following should be happening..

1. Plain crabs and lobsters should not be caught by a legendary fisherman (can they be phased out as skill increases?)
2. Boots and sandals should not be caught by a legendary fisherman

Thank you 

I hope so......

Comments

• Can stacks of named fish, crabs and lobsters be added to the merchant ship loot as well?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    #1 - I don't mind the plain ones. I turn them into the library for ship points.
    #2 - We've been asking for this one for a long time.
    #3 - If not stacks maybe filled traps; or let 120 fishers pull up filled traps with dredging hooks. I know enough of mine sank seems like my hook should catch one sometime.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2020
    I would LOVE to see added, to the Loyalty Menu that a character has (with Towns, the Gargoyle Queen etc. etc.), ALSO what might be the current Loyalty of that character with the Fishmonger Guild..... it would greatly help a fisherman doing the fishmonger quests with monitoring the status of their Loyalty with them when doing the Quests.....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i have listed many things already but will add make it so we can imbue fishing poles...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    I like the requested changes except the shoe wear... I fill bods with them.
    I second strongly the Dredge up lost traps filled with the sea creatures of name idea.  I cant tell you how many traps i have lost in the years I have fished to get the crabs and lobsters needed.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    popps said:
    I would LOVE to see added, to the Loyalty Menu that a character has (with Towns, the Gargoyle Queen etc. etc.), ALSO what might be the current Loyalty of that character with the Fishmonger Guild..... it would greatly help a fisherman doing the fishmonger quests with monitoring the status of their Loyalty with them when doing the Quests.....
    Jeez, this is way overdue.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2020
    popps said:
    The loyalty menu is available in EC.

Why not let's discuss a new topic about how to merge the EC and CC. EC also has the sea wave that @Mervyn wanted so much...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited August 2020
    I second strongly the Dredge up lost traps filled with the sea creatures of name idea.  I cant tell you how many traps i have lost in the years I have fished to get the crabs and lobsters needed.
    Speaking about that, it would be nice if the shoes, boots, tigh boots and sandals fished up were also of the exceptional type in order to then be also able to fill those BODs which require footware to be exceptional and not just normal.....

OF COURSE, such an addition should NOT mean that then fishermen would get "more" footware to be fished up with exceptional footware in addition to normal footware BUT, rather, that if the RNG was to produce a footware to be fished up, THEN, as a SUB roll, that fishware would then be rolled again to be determined if it was normal or exceptional....

Hence, footware for fishermen would not increase but rather, be split up in between normal and exceptional without any additional annotance for fishermen to fish up footware....
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    The loyalty menu is available in EC.

Why not let's discuss a new topic about how to merge the EC and CC. EC also has the sea wave that @ Mervyn wanted so much...
    @Seth

Hold it.

Are you perhaps saying that in the Enhanced Client it is possible to "see" what is a Fisherman's reputation standing with the Fishmonger Guild ?

How can one check that in then Enhanced Client ?

And, if the Enhanced Client has it, why ain't it possible to also check a Fisherman's reputation with the fishmonger Guild also with the Classic Client ??
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    popps said:
    Speaking about that, it would be nice if the shoes, boots, tigh boots and sandals fished up were also of the exceptional type in order to then be also able to fill those BODs which require footware to be exceptional and not just normal.....

OF COURSE, such an addition should NOT mean that then fishermen would get "more" footware to be fished up with exceptional footware in addition to normal footware BUT, rather, that if the RNG was to produce a footware to be fished up, THEN, as a SUB roll, that fishware would then be rolled again to be determined if it was normal or exceptional....

Hence, footware for fishermen would not increase but rather, be split up in between normal and exceptional without any additional annotance for fishermen to fish up footware....
    Why stop at footwear from fishing? Shouldn't that Ratman have exceptional armor on his corpse? Skeletons could have exceptional bone armor because we all know how high the failure rate is on those items. The Dragons can have exceptional valorite loot. Etc Etc Etc....

Haven't you complained enough about how crafters are slowly becoming completely obsolete in the game? This would mean they wouldn't even be needed to fill BODs.

*facepalms and walks away*

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I'm not seeing my fisherman's reputation in his loyalty ratings

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There should be an option added to fishing poles similar to how pickaxes and shoves work. If someone wants to fish up shoes, click that option, otherwise it can be turned off at Legendary...simple fix with room to grow later...I should have been a Dev..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited August 2020
    Turning in fish request should add fame and city loyalty, and even gold similar to BOD

I think "fisherman's reputation" is just the quantity of a particular fish you need to fill from a order, which should stay at 20 if you complete every order and have't rejected one. How many items of a order and what type of fish (inshore / deep / dungeon) are all RNG I believe (of course with appropriate skill level) 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Another point to add is for all legendary fishes, can we have min. weight guaranteed? pulling up a 20 tones legendary fish is just........ meh
  • 80% of the lobsters and crabs my legendary fisherman pull in a junk.  PLEASE remove this and like fishing, only named crustaceans  being able to be caught please.  I see no point at all having 80% from the traps being useless, thats not what 120 fishing is all about......

You created named fish so can you do the same with crabs and lobsters.  There is just no point in having plain lobsters and crabs.  and I am certainly not interested in library turn ins when I am doing fisherman trade orders.

And stop with the sandals and shoes etc

when u get over GM skill I think plain crab, lobster,sandals, boots and shoes should not be catchable.....
  • There should be an option added to fishing poles similar to how pickaxes and shoves work. If someone wants to fish up shoes, click that option, otherwise it can be turned off at Legendary...simple fix with room to grow later...I should have been a Dev..
    YES!!!!!  you get my vote

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Aragorn said:
    Another point to add is for all legendary fishes, can we have min. weight guaranteed? pulling up a 20 tones legendary fish is just........ meh
    20 stones legendary sashimi  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LacrimaLacrima Posts: 20
    • Rolled Homarus lobster :)
  • Sir_JermsSir_Jerms Posts: 63
    edited August 2020
    What about looking at the idea of a tinker crafted (not available from NPC tinkers) crab cracker and lobster cracker that would allow fishers to create crab and lobster meat from the unnamed crab/lobser, to be used as randomly generated bait for named crab and lobsters?  The higher the tinker skill, the more sought after/rare crab/lobster.  Or the option to use the cracker to produce usable meat for dishes made by chefs similar to the fish pies.