Treasures of Deceit

13»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Hosteen said:
    CovenantX said:
    the fel side became active (on LS at least), I'm assuming shortly after you posted @ keven2002
    keven2002 said:
     @ Kyronix - is this event supposed to be in Fel too? On LS, I went to the Fel side to test the spawn and the reward NPC is out front but none of the monsters inside were "treasures of" label and I went through the entire first and second floor killing every single monster in an effort to "clear" them out. This was yesterday too (not day 1).
    The pre-treasures spawn on the fel side wasn't killed off till late in the event. So it looked like it wasn't spawning the "treasures of" mobs
    Thanks @CovenantX

I spent about 45min killing every single mob from the first floor and they weren't spawning. Maybe we should get clarity if the whole dungeon needs to be clear or maybe it had to be gently nudged when I posted?? Another good question for @Kyronix.
  • MelchiahMelchiah Posts: 42
    Also, you’ll only get a treasure chest from a paragon if that monster has a chance to have a treasure map in their loot. 
    Don’t think the Ram, Silver Serpent or Spectral Armor has the chance to drop one. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2020
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Overall I enjoyed the week of hunting Deceit. I consider myself pretty decent at most content but even I found it a bit challenging at time and racked up a few death robes. Well done.

That said, could you speak to the following things from this second soft launch that people have brought up?

1. Paragons auto-aggro targeting people through walls
    2. The Fel side of this event didn't appear to be turned on so wondering if that was by design or not (Origin had Fel side activated for the first soft launch)?
    3. As the week went on it seemed like more and more spawn was getting stuck in places we couldn't reach like under steps, behind walls, etc. Is there a plan to address this?
    4. Auto reveal. Is there any plan to change the way it is working or should we expect for these areas to work as they did this week?
    5. All things Paragons. Should all paragons be expected to have chests or only those with T-maps in their loot table (ie lich lords paragons would have chests but Ossein rams would not)? Should Paragons actually follow the paragon ruleset where they give more / better loot than the non-paragon version? Will Paragons give more "treasures of..." points towards a drop since some of them (like Rams / Lich Lords / Poison Eles) take quite a bit longer to kill?
    To all else, if I've missed any major ones please add them so Kyronix can comment.

Thanks
    All things Paragons. Should all paragons be expected to have chests or only those with T-maps in their loot table (ie lich lords paragons would have chests but Ossein rams would not)? Should Paragons actually follow the paragon ruleset where they give more / better loot than the non-paragon version? Will Paragons give more "treasures of..." points towards a drop since some of them (like Rams / Lich Lords / Poison Eles) take quite a bit longer to kill?
    @Kyronix

Considering how these Paragons need multiple players to kill them, would it therefore be possible to make it so that their loot table would grant a Chest with a Treasure Map to all those players who have participated in the kill of that Paragon so as not to leave anyone empty handed after the extraordinary effort (and time, including likely multiple deaths...) it took to kill the Paragon ?

Thanks.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited August 2020
    popps said:

Considering how these Paragons need multiple players to kill them, would it therefore be possible to make it so that their loot table would grant a Chest with a Treasure Map to all those players who have participated in the kill of that Paragon so as not to leave anyone empty handed after the extraordinary effort (and time, including likely multiple deaths...) it took to kill the Paragon ?

Thanks.

Not correct.  My dog and I killed every paragon there more then once.  I saw melee fighters kill them solo.  Archers could kill most of them solo.  Id have hundreds of chests with your idea.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I agree with Pawain - these paragons, while a challenge, were not invincible. The only annoying ones were the paragon spectral armor and that was only because of their high parrying on specials. Liches, lich lords, ossein rams, poison ellies - challenging, but nothing out of the ordinary. Reminded me of the techniques used back in the day to kill a lich lord; run up the stairs, hit once or twice, run back down, heal up, rinse, repeat. Plus, if there are other players around, just stand still. The paragon's sure to target one of them and you'll be shortly able to run away in the opposite direction while the poor sod is chased down.
    Guaranteeing a paragon chest drop would completely negate any sort of rarity of the chest in the first place, and if you hunted these in Fel, you'd be guaranteed subsequently a further T-Map inside the chest. Not worth the effort to tweak the paragon code as it'll probably affect those in Ilsh as well...
    Yup, after the initial deaths and cursing when you find your first Poison ele Paragon, you figure out ways to beat them. 
    The para spectral armor are just plain annoying.  Take forever to kill but, they do not do much damage to you.

Players on LS were not happy at first because of the rewards.  But I guess after hearing me ask for a Bone Helmet in chat a bazillion times they decided they would have fun also trying to collect armor sets.  The dungeon got more participation towards the end.
    Was the same on EU while GC was spammed with people offering to buy drops, especially plate armour. Kept two pieces, along with the main drops. Plate gloves and bustier if anyone’s wanting them *Grins*
    edited August 2020
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks.

Not correct.  My dog and I killed every paragon there more then once.  I saw melee fighters kill them solo.  Archers could kill most of them solo.  Id have hundreds of chests with your idea.
    Also in reply to @Melchiah

Do not see these Paragons with the eyes of well established players with characters all scrolled up and high end suits that cost hundreds of millions of UO gold....

Think about New and Returning players who, often, very often, do not have a character capable of dealing with these Paragons as well as other, well established players....

Should they then remain empty handed ?

I do not think so.

Yet, in awarding only those well established and wealthy players, this is what would happen....

They would get all the goodies and the New and returning players would only participate to the Event  wasting their time but getting hardly anything of the good stuff....

I am sorry, but I keep thinking that ALL players participaring into killing a Paragon should get their chest....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks.

Also in reply to @ Melchiah

Think about New and Returning players who, often, very often, do not have a character capable of dealing with these Paragons as well as other, well established players....

These kind of events, its better if everyone works together, just like they did on LS.
    My char started the event with around 50 Magery and ended it with 76 Magery. A low level char can get these drops, by casting blade spirits and by healing. I am now a Knight of Spirituality. 

I was able to get the spellbook I was after, and helped at least 3 others to get theirs. And as for the paragon chests, you could really tell which ones had chests on them. I actually ended up getting 5 of the chests myself. Not every paragon needs a chest, but some of them only had about 600 gold, if that.
    edited August 2020
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks.

Do not see these Paragons with the eyes of well established players with characters all scrolled up and high end suits that cost hundreds of millions of UO gold....

I do not think so.

Yet, in awarding only those well established and wealthy players, this is what would happen....

They would get all the goodies and the New and returning players would only participate to the Event  wasting their time but getting hardly anything of the good stuff....

I am sorry, but I keep thinking that ALL players participaring into killing a Paragon should get their chest....
    I play with NOOBs! I told you I saw archers and many other templates there.  A lot of players did not use their tamers because they read that melee characters got more drops.  Those dusted off toons were years old and did not have 5M gold suits much less what you think it takes to play UO.

How long did you play in one of the dungeons to form your opinion? 

Like I said, I would have 100s of chests.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks.

These kind of events, its better if everyone works together, just like they did on LS.
    My char started the event with around 50 Magery and ended it with 76 Magery. A low level char can get these drops, by casting blade spirits and by healing. I am now a Knight of Spirituality. 

I was able to get the spellbook I was after, and helped at least 3 others to get theirs. And as for the paragon chests, you could really tell which ones had chests on them. I actually ended up getting 5 of the chests myself. Not every paragon needs a chest, but some of them only had about 600 gold, if that.
    And that is precisely my point when I pleaded @Kyronix to make sure that ALL participants in the killing of a Paragon were to get a chest in their corpse instance....

So as to have ALSO the weaker new and returning players be able to get their goodies and not just work towards helping kill the spawn but then see always the older, well established and all suited up and scrolled up players' characters get the goodies with new and returning players remaining empty handed....

edited August 2020
    popps said:

So as to have ALSO the weaker new and returning players be able to get their goodies and not just work towards helping kill the spawn but then see always the older, well established and all suited up and scrolled up players' characters get the goodies with new and returning players remaining empty handed....

Popps come to LS right now, there are players I never heard of in chat trying to sell the rewards for ridiculous amounts. One of them is asking for armor so he has an LRC suit.  Seems the new and returning players are doing just fine.  YOU are the only one that had trouble with this event you did not attend.

Side note:  I collect para chests.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    I love all this talk of having to have mega scrolled toons and pets to play. That is complete crap! I play lots of shards with 110s and both my characters and pets do just fine. Its fun to get a better armor piece to upgrade often. Try it! Quit asking for a easy button and *cough*, play the game!!
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    edited August 2020
    Let's acknowledge that @popps post was about the shortest I have seen in weeks. Well Done Popps! 

*tips a glass of good old Moonglow red in salute of your accomplishment* 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    edited August 2020
    jelinidas said:
    I love all this talk of having to have mega scrolled toons and pets to play. That is complete crap! I play lots of shards with 110s and both my characters and pets do just fine. Its fun to get a better armor piece to upgrade often. Try it! Quit asking for a easy button and *cough*, play the game!!
    So, 9 out of 10 posts from veteran, well established players about the "new" Paragons is about how hard they are to kill, how the insta-reveal across walls and from some 3 screens far away and what not, and then, all of a sudden, new and returning players become this magic killing machines against these same new Paragons?

Yeah, right........
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    These "new and returning players" play in a group. They actually play the game. They help and get help. Try it!

And yes, kudos for your shorter posts. I actually read it.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I too enjoyed the event on LS. The Orc event on Origin gave me an idea of what to expect so i sent over a Tamer with mediocre pets. Got the book and was able to help others get one as well :) LS was my original shard almost 20 years ago, still good people there! Got some good pet training but alas there's no public access to the Abyss house (my favorite hunting ground) , only one for the Ranger house, so I will most likely move on. 
    edited August 2020
    You can get to the cavern area in two minutes from the tomb of kings.

Would be nice if they put that house up for raffle.  Not sure why it is still there unless the owner has credit card that never expires.

But we just want helpful residents that call LS home. Feel free to move along if you prefer.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Will the Potion Of Glorious Fortune be put on the store again?
    (for Treasures of Deceit)

I've had people ask me about it, because they know I like to test stuff.
    It worked when it was on LS for testing.