Action requested

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak ;  
Sorry for the wide call out but this is something you should address.  
Today 8/12/2020 I was in need of a Stable slot token, I had no idea it was made "account bound" meaning who ever choose it was stuck with it... or so you would think.  
The Stable Slot Token was on a vendor for 15 million.  I bought it... little did i know the tag "account bound" was in meaning the token itself, not a thing the token gives..(ie: a deed or something like that)
Yes   I do understand that now it meant the token and am out 15 mill. But this should not be the case in my opinion. 
IF you can put it on a Vendor it should be transferable to that user  or MAKE IT NON VENDORABLE.
I will not resell this as it is a sham I will not pass on to some other unknowing player the useless item.
The burden is on me and it will be placed in a box to gather dust in the museum. 
Perhaps you as the Dev team should take a look at the items you sell that are "account bound" and make them all non vendorable for sale.  
With my reguards
Lady Storm

Comments

• Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Not a bad idea
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2020
    Yeah, same with those decor items with same name as real items like the Soulforge. I bought the decor version at 30m without knowing its decor. 

This happened when i return after a long period of inactivity, and didn't know about the decor version. 

Pls include vet reward shard shields as well. Some players exploit returning players and try to sell them such account bound items. If you want to keep players who still think about and return to UO, pls focus on protecting and keeping them.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    I would be a great thing to do for the peace of mind of all players.   We have real life thieves working in UO and they dont care how it hurts the game to do this.   Making the items non transferable and non vendorable for sale would go along way to help.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Now, before commision vendors,i did get some of the shard shield tokens and shard shields from idocs.

I put those up on my vendor for less than a mil, just to cover the cost. Someone bought them, either knowing it was to good to be true, or willing to gamble it was theirs.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    same with soulstone but some people like them for deco
    edited August 2020
    Yeah, I think if its not overpriced, then it should be fine.
    What is considered "overpriced" may differ among players.

It will be ethical to place a note:
    "500000, Account Bound Item"

So another option is for the system to automatically add such notes in case its forgotten.
    The point of this is to stop the placement on vendors of items deemed "Account Bound" 

This is something that escapes the bounds of Deco items.  I have always kept the souls stones on my vendor houses that are found on my working shards in the case a returning player is looking. This is a no brainer, But never would I think to sell them.  Tokens fine, player made unused fine.. but never a player used and owned.  
    My point is that the unwarry are buying things that look ok to use even if they have the tag of "account bound".   As I thought it was on the item redeemed when you activated the token and not the token itself.   
      Before the IDOC change this was a big deal.  Players were getting shard shields and yelling why they didn't work. Mesanna at each meet up was getting an ear full on this. I wouldnt be surprised if this was why they took the drastic move of deleting all the things they did. 
       It's not fair to the buyer who thinks because its vendorable its ok to buy and use. The in game store items should be transferable as you cant split up the soverigns to different accounts that need to use them.  Not to mention I heard the stable slot token was sellable at a dev meeting.
    So you see the change is needed.   For the average player 15 mill is a bit much for something that is marked useable in the sale on the vendor and turns out to be a lie.  
    You can make 15 mil in a day, just buying scrolls or regs to resell.

So yes and no. It really depends on the shard you play on.

On ATL 18x18s go for 400 mil atm, when on most others you can place just about anywhere.
    My point being, 15 mil to most people is chump change.
    Oh, and i play on a dead shard, not atl.
    15 mil is a significant amount not chump change. 

Keep things very simple. Account Bound items do not end up on a vendor.

Yes I know the deco argument. You all are creative enough to get your hands on one if you need it. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Lady_Storm. Sovereigns are master account bound not Ultima Online account bound.  All three of my paid UO accounts share the same pool of sovereigns. 
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Agreed. These should never be allowed on a vendor. Seems like a easy fix, make it so.
    I have never bought any so I am not an expert on how they work but thank you TimSt for the info. Cause it seems I will be needing to buy some.  I still need stable slots for a few of my tamers. 
    Lord_Nabin has it right, yes 15 mil is not chump change for a lot of the players out there.  I may play with 100s of mills in a week or less but still 15 mill can go a long way as you pointed out Norry.   Think of how much of that 15 mill can buy... now you see it is a big chunk of change. This in the over all picture is the point.  I or any other player should not be snookered into buying what is on a vendor that gives you the idea its ok to buy and use.  
    I received a answer to my GM call to see if it was fixable... 
    To shrink it to define the answer was: Please go to the in game store and you can read the full message on the token and it being "account bound".  contact us and see if we listen... no thank you.    

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I’ve been playing now about two years and for me 15 million is usually more than half of what I have in my bank account. I buy low and sell high and do fairly well that way but most sellers do not sell that low that I get a windfall every time I sell.  I see the account or shard bound game generated warning on vendor search fairly often.  The game should be programmed to generate this warning whenever these items are sold.  Players should not be expected to research each expensive item they buy to determine if it is shard or account bound.
    15 mil is a significant amount not chump change. 

Keep things very simple. Account Bound items do not end up on a vendor.

Yes I know the deco argument. You all are creative enough to get your hands on one if you need it. 

Agreed, whichever is easiest and fastest to implement and achieve the desired outcome. There are so many other critical issues to resolve with the same resource and time. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Arnold7 said:
     Players should not be expected to research each expensive item they buy to determine if it is shard or account bound.
    You should ask about any semi expensive item you buy. Until you know that eggs are sold by npcs you might buy them as a server birth and spend 100's of mils for something that costsb3 gold.

Always ask, always research.
    Norry  when you have an item on a vendor you expect it to be useable.  This is how new players are being stung for their hard earned gold.   No Account Bound item should be placeable on a vendor.  Whats sold in bank or at the gate not withstanding is different as a buyer should ask for it placed on a vendor.   @Mesanna this needs to happen. Its costing you players and trust that you are out for the player not the untrustworthy.   I was under the assumption the token was sellable for others to use as i had heard many selling them.   I didnt know the token was the account bound kind or i never would have bought it to begin with.  
    I would consider this situation an exploit 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    I would consider this situation an exploit 

Yes, it is and was mentioned in several posts up.

I think there is an agreement among players here to deal with this problem.

It does not fall under bugs, and it is not a new feature request.

I hope someone can advise where this post should go to get the proper attention. Before it gets too long and everyone is tired of reading X posts. The issue is very clear and does not need more discussion.

Ideally someone from Dev team should acknowledge this issue with no further inputs required, and we can all close this thread. If procrastinated, it will add more and more grievances from players coming to the forum to cry foul. Then the moderators would close a good thread turning toxic, without Dev responding whether or not they read, and if they will implement changes to protect players in future.
    "Ideally someone from Dev team should acknowledge this issue with no further inputs required"

I know its not a popular opinion however.

I would say that often the Dev's do take care of things quietly behind the scenes. Your comments are noted. They are discussed in meetings . Actions are taken. Frankly we do not always see the results specifically but they are there. 

This one will probably be a little more visible so give them some time to review. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Yeah, the devs have kinda spoken on this. Buy your tokens from the uo store, buy your account uogrades from them, and as always, buyer beware. Stealing, and scamming is a play style, even if its not liked.

If you read the descriotion, they are account bound, just like the pet whistles i see for sale.
    Why? Because they can be used for deco? No idea. They shoukd be applied to the toon who bought it automatically.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Please keep personal attacks off this forum. Some posts have been removed.

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    So the guy from LS admits to putting the tokens on a vendor to scam people and you remove the post?? wth.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes so far I have bought items only from the UO store and the EA site that sells various kinds of tokens.  But, I don't buy much because neither store sells much of anything a newer player can use.  The official store sells mostly dies and deco items of little or no use to players that have only been playing a few years.  The UO store does not even sell gold I could use to buy things from in game vendors.  However, I can get most of what I need for just a few dollars from those third party internet vendors we are not suppose to buy from.  If you buy from a third party vendor, I agree it is buyer beware.
    But for in game vendors, the game lists the item description in the sales offer.  The game knows what is account and shard bound and what is not and at least for some items lists this warning where it should be in the description of the item so that it is easy for the potential purchaser to see it.  If Ultima Online does not want us buying from third party vendors, it should provide players with some assurance they can use what they buy from in game vendors.  Otherwise, what is the incentive to buy from them when I can get the same item for a lot less effort from a third party vendor that might actually have some kind of a return policy?
    And just as a suggestion, if the UO store sold more of what I could use, I would buy more from it.  I don't like being forced to make purchases the game discourages just to get basic items I need to play the game. 
    When I have to pay for 36 accounts to be on it gets a bit hard to defend the cash to buy from EA the sovereigns needed to spend in the in game store. 
    Add up the money I spend on the game that way and then you see why this is not small potatoes.
    It was why when the players were selling the stable slot token I bought it without thinking.  But should I have to loose 15 mill to this item that should never have been placed on a vendor in the first place? 
    I agree the Dev should at the very least read this post and give us the 411 if they even will think about it.  
    @Mesanna ; if you need to make cash to keep EA happy make the in game store sell plat.  The going rate out of game is hundreds of dollars..  then maybe you might have time to fix this.
    Is that woman paying any attention to the problem??    I gave her a money making idea that can help the game stay afloat while the covid has most holding on to the cash tight till congress gets off its tush to help.  I have noticed a drop in players.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I don't get why they are so dead set against "pay to win" it is happening if the RMT sites were not making money they wouldn't exist anything they sell should be in the UO store for less money this would make UO money and close down the RMT sites ... keep in mind we are an old player base we have both time and at least in my case plenty of disposable income i am paying 4 accounts right now and buy a lot from the UO i would buy more things is they were available. i hear your oh you want an easy button but again we have all been playing for 20 some years we have done all the hard stuff over and over i want to relax and play not grind... 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...