Time

I am watching a video of Mondays Meet and Greet and someone asked for a time clock in game.
They wanted to be able to see real life time , not Britannian time that you can see with a moon/sun dial.

It was suggested to build a clock at Britain Commons with ET on it.
How about instead, adding a clock to the map in game?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    What time does the clock that I think the tinker NFC’s sell keep? I thought that was the game time.  Or, are you talking about something else?  
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Like I tell my kids when they ask what time is it and they on their computer - "Look at the clock in the corner of your computer and you will know."
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Any time there is testing for stuff, they always announce the time for ET.
    I know by looking at a clock, what time that would be.

It was asked, because not everybody is in the US, and our Daylight Savings Time is not observed everywhere. When someone from Japan, Thailand, Hawaii, or Europe  want to find out when an event ends, they have to google it. If it was on the map in game, then at one glance they would know they have 10 mins til it ends. Last night on Lake Superior, people were calling out the mins until the testing points were to be deleted. 

I know some people will not like this request, but for the people who are confused by the time zones, this would be a good thing. And it has been done in other games.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Sounds like a good store item.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    right click the time on your computer's task bar. Select adjust date and time.
    From the page that opens select 'add clocks for different time zones'
    You can then add 2 further time zone clocks that will show when you mouse over the time on the task bar. Make one of these Eastern US and you will always be able to see the time difference between that and your local time.