Arm macro classic client

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited January 2019 in Bugs
Unable to switch from a two-handed weapon to a spellbook using the arm macro in classic client, you receive a message that reads:
"You already have something in both hands"
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    Any update on this please?
    I’m bitten by this bug daily, I can’t be the only one.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Sorry maybe i am missing this line: when pressing arm macro (for spellbook)

Expected result: for spellbook to arm

• MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    Two handed weapons are equipped in the Left hand, while one handed weapons (spellbooks) are equipped in the right hand.  Your arm macro has an immediate conflict due to trying to equip different handed weapons.

I would suggest using the EquipLastWeapon macro as this will allow you to swap back and forth between a two handed and one handed weapon easily.

edited August 2020
    no offense Misk but you're incorrect.

You can set a two handed weapon as arm 2, and a one handed weapon as arm 1. and happily swap a two handed weapon to a one handed weapon using the arm macro. It is only swapping from a 2 handed weapon to a spellbook that you receive this error message.

Also, I don't require a screenshot of EquipLastWeapon, i also have that macro, however it doesn't work in the field, as when you get disarmed, your "Last Weapon" is recorded as nothing, so you can no longer switch between 2 weapons.
    But yes you can swap from a 2 handed weapon to a spellbook using this macro so you need to make it work for arm macro also.

Interestingly, this bug exists in both EC and CC. So you can update the report to reflect both clients.

You can also swap from a 2 handed weapon to a one-handed weapon plus shield no problem, it is only swapping from 2 handed weapon to spellbook where there is an error.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Interesting. I just tried this. Switching from a hatchet to my regular book with MR shield works as expected. It's only when the left hand is left empty that the error message occurs.
    To make a working macro use: unequip > both hands, delay 1, equip book (EC)
    edited August 2020
    yes Mariah, you can switch using 2 steps - it's what i currently have to do. But it should take only 1 step, in pvp by the time you have disarmed yourself, waited 1 - armed, the guy has mounted the bane dragon.

Also - switching to using a book and a shield is no good - need to be able to pot, still adds an extra step as you will then have to disarm the shield.
    Hence why i am reporting this bug.

Even if EquipLastWeapon did work after being disarmed, it is not even a solution to the bug. Apart from anything else, it is assuming you're using only 2 weapons.

There seems to be a real disconnect between the devs and the PvPers. Maybe they are thinking we're reporting these bugs because we're anal and we have nothing better to do i don't know. And they're not understanding that if someone is going to the effort of reporting a bug and chasing it up, it's because it is affecting gameplay.

Please also don’t forget we’re paying customers who can and have voted with feet.

This gets me killed 2 times a day, this has got to be the most annoying bug in the game.

• Mervyn, I totally agree with you. I was having issues with swapping luck suit to normal suit and had to set delay to 100 in between the arm and dress buttons. These features shouldn't have to have a delay of 100 (10s) to to do arm and dress either. Clearly developers need to spend more time with these arm, dress, unequip, and equiplast function in CC and probably EC (i dont play ec). Hopefully your problem gets solved instead of telling you how you're "doing it wrong".
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2020
    I do agree its annoying, what is weird on top of that is I can go from a heavy crossbow to a spellbook maccro, but I cant do it from a composite bow to a spellbook ,. how weird is that, both are balanced, and 2 handed, so there is def. a bug going on , please fix
    edited October 2020

Mariah said:
    Interesting. I just tried this. Switching from a hatchet to my regular book with MR shield works as expected. I
    I am unable to switch from a 2 handed weapon to a shield plus a book.
    On my test, only the shield armed.

Any movement on this?

• MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    I have submitted a problem report into the system related to this issue.