Is there anyone on this game anymore?

I was on GL shard 15 or so years ago, I remember when you could not log in without seeing many others, now it's like this who game is dead, anyone still playing, are there still guilds?  this shard is so empty now?

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Atlantic is the most populated shard. Plenty of people over there. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    On my shard, I don't bank sit. Often login, house direct recall to dungeon, recall back, pack loots, sleep. 

Most shards bank sitting at Luna, everywhere else is not so many people. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Great Lakes appears to be populated mostly players that have been playing for years.  Only occasionally see young players and usually not for long.  Do see returning players more often than young players.  Have seen more players in the Luna Bank and the British Commons than usual lately.  I'm more of a solo player so it does not bother me that much.  There are a couple of guilds but I don't know how to get you in touch with them. I think the last year has not been good for this shard population wise.  I usually walk thorough the Luna Bank and British Commons a couple of times a night and sometimes meet players I know there.  will say hi if I see you there. 
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    What ever shard you are on give a call on "General" chat channel. 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited August 2020
    i'm returning after 7 years due to covid as well. i have always been playing on sonoma but it is pretty much a dead shard now, you can see most players not at Luna bank, but IDOC
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    Some shards are pretty dead except for the regulars.  But gen chat does not show the population. Some are out hunting, fishing, t mapping, etc. You may never hear or see them unless you call out for items or resources they have.

Have to choose a shard where you are comfortable with the population.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,678
    Aragorn said:
    i'm returning after 7 years due to covid as well. i have always been playing on sonoma but it is pretty much a dead shard now, you can see most players not at Luna bank, but IDOC
    there are more people on Sonoma, then you think.
    Not all of them get in General Chat.
    And there is hardly any bank sitting at all there.
    When I'm around, I am always out doing something.

if pvp is what you are after, then another shard would be where to go.
    the most action they do on Sonoma, is when they catch someone doing a spawn.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Sonoma has a very nice long time community. They usually all have good interactions. Figuring out what kinds of things you enjoy will help direct you to what shard you should join. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I play a lot generally, but real life interferes sometimes. Also visit shards your most active times as some shards have day dwellers, evening dwellers and night dwellers.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    You should see all the Great Lakes peeps every Tuesday, for the Royal Spies and the RBG, 8pm CDT, Meeting is normally under the Brit hall just outside Blackthorn's castle, just double tap the armor suit to be telly to the meeting of the Royal Spies.  If its a RGB meeting there will be a moongate inside the Hall to take you to the Warriors guild building in Brit.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • You posted about the same thing in the GL board two days later and got about the same responses.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 387
    Go to Atlantic if you want a decent population that will make you feel like it's alive. There are players on other shards, but the amounts pale in comparison to Atlantic.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LMAO  OMG I have been here at Brit bank for 5 min. and have not seen one player, does anyone still play this game.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    Or they go to Yew gate on small shards and expect to see someone standing there waiting on them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2020
    Bank sitting is the wrong way to judge a shard.

Please go to any shard and do the Deceit Rat Champ Spawn 10 times during the weekends

If you do not get PKed, then the shard is confirmed dead and you have 120 PS in your bag as reward.

If you get PKed then you just proved that the shard is alive. Give the PK a kiss and logout...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs