Wrestling vs Anatomy for Mages

From what I understand, 220 combined skill in Evaluate Intelligence and Anatomy bestows a defensive wrestling ability. As far as I can tell, Anatomy presents no other advantage for a mage, so I'm wondering why one would choose Anatomy rather than just take Wrestling and enjoy the offensive and defensive aspects of the skill. Is there another benefit of the Eval + Anatomy feature that I'm not accounting for?
Tagged:

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2020
    You save yourself skill points.

The formula is (Eval + Anat + 20)/2 equals effective wrestling 

(Assuming 120 Eval) If you have say 70 skill points to put into Wrestling or Anat. Choosing Anat would give you effectively 105 wrestling.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• VeramoVeramo Posts: 12
    I see. It's a discount. Thank you.  :)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mervyn said:
    You save yourself skill points.

The formula is (Eval + Anat + 20)/2 equals effective wrestling 

(Assuming 120 Eval) If you have say 70 skill points to put into Wrestling or Anat. Choosing Anat would give you effectively 105 wrestling.
    @Mervyn

Question.

Say that one had also 15 points of Wrestling on a ring or bracelet, would that Wrestling "defensive" ability count as 120 ?

Or would it still be 105 Wrestling ?

edited August 2020
    as far as i'm aware, eval+ anat would not stack with wrestling no. We're actually also unsure if the skill needs to be real or not, there are reports that skill needs to be real however I haven't confirmed this. There's no documentation, however i'm sure a test could be set up.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

I ran some extensive tests on test centre with 9 hinds attacking me with +50 skill, timing the number of times i got hit over a period of a minute, with various combinations of real skill and non real skill, and repeated several times, unfortunately could not come up with a conclusive result as to whether or not real skill is required. 

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    With wrestling you get to use both special moves without having to learn tactics.  Do you get that with anatomy?
    Nope, if you have the skill to spare, better to go for wrestling, but then you would require HCI for it to be effective.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “With increased amount of +skill items now available I’m able to conclude after testing that real skill is not a requirement for the Eval + Anat formula.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I’ve been curious, but never really researched… does JoaT anatomy count for humans?

120+20+20 / 2 = 80 skill defensive?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “No way to test, would require a too large data set due to the small margin of difference”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    In his opinion..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...