Global Auction House

Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
edited August 2020 in General Discussions
This will probably get quite a lot of hate. But we already have a "poor mans" global auction house via shard transfer shields + Atlantic. I am on the server with the second largest market & most of the time I cannot find what I want to buy. Even simple bulk items are hard to find. If I really want something I have to spam general chat day & night for the one person who has not already transferred it to Atlantic. I constantly hear all prices compared to what it brings on Atlantic, & I am transferring my 50 SDI invasion books to Atlantic, yadda yadda yadda. Just move with the times & dump the individual shard search & make a full blown global auction house where everyone can buy & sell items from any shard without having to actually transfer to another shard. Make use of that antiquated mail system we used to have over a decade ago to deliver the goods we buy off of it (a lot of MMO's use an in-game mail system for purchases from auction house).The economy & markets are already ruined and permanently changed because of the shard transfer shields. So why not take the current warped state of the markets, get control of it, & turn it into something useful?

Comments

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    nahh, definitely not a lot of hate. but... they made shard bound for a reason, this will get rid of anything shardbound. why would you destroy something that the dev's took their time into making? and..... do you really think that it's a good idea? imagine what will happen when it breaks!!!!! i mean...... you do know that vendor search is perfect..
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Have to agree with the first poster.  For those of us that do not play on Atlantic and have not played the fourteen years it takes to get a shard transfer shield, vendor search often comes up short.  During the invasion very few books came up on the shard that I play on and most of those were from the same player.  Don't really like seeing prices on some items being controlled by just a few players.  And, like the first poster said often can't find basic items or really desirable items.  When I was learning Alchemy, I could not find any lined kegs for sale.  Don't like the idea of buying from those third party sellers  we are not suppose to buy from but for many of us that have not been playing for many years the game does not provide any other choice.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    What about those people who have invested several Vet picks on shard shields for the purpose of going to ATL or other shards for shopping? Are they just S.O.L because other people can't shard transfer? 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    One of the reasons for doing that was to make this an mmo... talk to people. Ask around for free transfers.  People will help you no problem.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Considering the broken farce that vendor search is reported to be much of the time, do you really think they can program this to work and actually pull it off?

Probably end up being another rushed system and a catastrophe
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2020
    Add a feature may also add new bugs which are not found/resolved during beta or rollout.

This is why I think the Dev should commit to kill at least ten(10) old bugs with each new feature added.

There are too many bugs in backlog, so the bugs are old and unrelated to the new feature whatever that may be.

Otherwise, the old bugs will accumulate until one day everyone will be so pissed to play anymore.
    Health bar bugs, map bugs, crystal portal bug, journal bug.

I am not kidding, and I am still writing in a calm manner. If these bugs occur in the new and popular game franchise, they would have received poor ratings in Steam, and major gaming sites etc.

Perhaps this is why its better not for UO to be listed in those platform.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Regarding Norry's post.  It's my understanding that the Shields and the transfers they produce are shard and account bound.  The few times I have seen the shields on vendor search it states they are shard bound and account bound.  Other posts I have read on the internet also state this.  If the shields and transfers they produce are not shard and account bound this would be of great interest to me.  Can someone verify that I can use someone else's transfer produced by their shield to transfer to another shard and back again?  Thanks. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator

Arnold7 said:
    Regarding Norry's post.  It's my understanding that the Shields and the transfers they produce are shard and account bound.  The few times I have seen the shields on vendor search it states they are shard bound and account bound.  Other posts I have read on the internet also state this.  If the shields and transfers they produce are not shard and account bound this would be of great interest to me.  Can someone verify that I can use someone else's transfer produced by their shield to transfer to another shard and back again?  Thanks. 
    I'm sorry, you can not do that. However quite a number of community minded players are willing to include items for other players when they are making a transfer.

• keven2002 said:
    What about those people who have invested several Vet picks on shard shields for the purpose of going to ATL or other shards for shopping? Are they just S.O.L because other people can't shard transfer? 
    A shard transfer should not be "required" to shop for top end items that probably came from your home shard to start with. This broken system was created by players using shard transfers to basically exploit low population servers of their resources (it began with power scrolls) & make huge profits on the more populated shards where prices were at a premium. Losing vet picks would suck. But why should the entire game suffer with this broken system forever just to preserve some vet rewards? Transfer tokens were created to be able to move from a shard you are not happy with to another one to start over or to join friends. Not to create the mess we have now.
  • I also would not be opposed to either of the following ideas:

a) A new shard that only contains a single landmass with vendors (a shopping only district). All shards can access it freely via moongate system.
    b) A new landmass that is mirrored across all shards that contains the shopping only district. No need to travel between shards. It will be the same on every shard. Maybe more difficult to implement.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Just have the UO store sell shard shields. They seem to like selling store items. The vets earn theirs for "free", those not old enough can dish out RL $$$. Problem solved.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    You can buy transferes right now, just not the partial that shard shields give.

So they are. 20$ a transfer. Or you can farm gear up on your home shard.

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    edited August 2020
    So 40 bucks for one time round trip, hard pass.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    jelinidas said:
    Just have the UO store sell shard shields. They seem to like selling store items. The vets earn theirs for "free", those not old enough can dish out RL $$$. Problem solved.
    They didn't earn theirs for "free". Maybe if you wanted to shell out 14 years of game time for a shield then their might be one in the uostore. 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    RockStaR said:
    jelinidas said:
    They didn't earn theirs for "free". Maybe if you wanted to shell out 14 years of game time for a shield then their might be one in the uostore. 
    Finally someone gets it.  They weren't free, most of us paid near $$ 2k to get that first set