Connection Lost

GemGem Posts: 37
Since the last update I am getting the sync error in which I freeze up and eventually get the connection lost error message. In the past, this happened once in awhile. Since the update, I am getting it every few minutes. Help!

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    have you performed a full file check?
  • GemGem Posts: 37
    Yes--it still happens :(
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    What sync error? What client? can you take a screenshot of the sync error?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Classic client. The character freezes up. Then just get the connection lost message.  When I restart, I must restart twice to restart the client, as the first time indicates a synchronization error.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    This sounds like u haven’t patched the client, in which case Cinderella’s suggestion of running the full file check with the uopatcher should’ve solved the problem (with updating the client).

when you performed a full file check, you are talking about your windows full hard drive check or the full file check on the UOpatcher?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited August 2020
    So--this happens on two separate computers (desktop and laptop). I have run a full file check with UOpatcher on both.