Dev's. Europa and Dracs are NOT in America

2»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited August 2020
    @psycho Since it appears US houses drop during the local 9pm-6am window just like EU houses, your logic can't work both ways. 

Either the US players benefited from the times of EU drops AND the EU players benefited from the times of US drops OR nobody benefited (if drop times were 3am local). 

If an EU IDOC drops local time of 2am that would roughly be 7-10pm local US but if that same US IDOC drops at 2am local time that is 7-10am in EU. You are unfairly assuming that all US players are logging in to EU shards (and unfairly assuming that EU doesn't log into US shards). What exactly is unfair given all players can log into any server they choose??
  • 10+ years ago all idocs in Europa fell between 4-6pm, with a few exceptions until 8pm. The only time this changed was for a few days after a publish, then it would settle down after a few days

This is fact. 

Now they are all over the place. even with the mega 2 days of seer idocs everywhere, Many US server idocs were falling in the morning GMT. Which is no good for US players. So to counter those above saying in want it all for me ,this is no good for others. Not just thinking of me here!

This has everything to do with BS/EA or whoever controls the game and nothing to do with banks. It is a software decision somewhere to start the timers and nothing to do with card payments etc. 

So like I said before, I dont expect to have to get up at 2am to do a Europa/Dracs idoc, and likewise US players should not be doing the same to attend theirs.

So maybe @Mesanna can explain to us how it works, sure she will have all the data somewhere and hopefully prove that the timers are not started by the bank, but a process in game is activated when notification arrives of cancellation or non payment 

Even if you do the math,

Midnight GMT card declined, not renewed etc, Timer starts  with all the 90 days etc  they should fall between 0700 and 2200 GMT to cover the 7/15 hr random timer. They do not do this most of the time

The clocks are wrong in the EA house!

Forgive me, I have not checked the Japanese shards as my ping is shocking and I can only do a few steps at a time before lags gets me!

• ok, just curious if they did the same.  it is likely the billing time of banks as has been said already.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    I don't know for sure, but I've a feeling you are laying blame in the wrong place. Instead you should be blaming the banks, who take payments from accounts in the middle of the night.

I don't know about UO payments but I have a lot of charges that are added at late at night all together.  They want to make you overdraft as much as possible so they can get those fees. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DubhDubh Posts: 28
    Pawain said:
    They fall based on the time the account reaches 90 days don't they?  Maybe tell people to consider your feelings more when they allow their account to lapse?
    Pretty sure accounts don't lapse at various times of the day. Subscribing at 9:32AM doesn't mean your account will lapse at 9:32AM.
  • there is nothing left in idocs now anyway, everything is deleted.  Dont bother checking for them at all.
  • there is nothing left in idocs now anyway, everything is deleted.  Dont bother checking for them at all.
    not true, there's still cleanup points, i got 330,000 points from one idoc.  then there are still things like scrappers and arties, and full bod books, and well you get the picture.  Plus you never know when the odd rare might fall in your pack.  

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    When is the server up times for Europa and Dracs? i know for Atlantic and Pacific they go down at 5:00 am and come back up at 5:30-ish am in the morning of the appropriate US coast.
  • TimSt said:
    When is the server up times for Europa and Dracs? i know for Atlantic and Pacific they go down at 5:00 am and come back up at 5:30-ish am in the morning of the appropriate US coast.
    it's 5am for every server, just for their time zone.  think there's a list on Stratics or the uo wiki. might google it

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    TimSt said:
    it's 5am for every server, just for their time zone.  think there's a list on Stratics or the uo wiki. might google it

Not the wiki, the support pages:
    scroll down to:
    Here you can find the maintenance times for the various UO shards.