@kyronix - IDOC CHANGE SUGGESTION - SCRIPTING FREE SOLUTION

Since so many other topics were ignored regarding any possible solution for the current 1 tile exploit auto plotting , so I have a suggestion that will probably solve the problem!

as you can see in the picture below, Idocs will be exactly the way it is. barrel will show around the house, but the house will stay there, only the contents of the house will go to the barrels outside, so people still have to punch all the barrels outside in order to get the random loot from the same.
the difference is, the house will stay in place and a Raffle Stone will than show up and players that are interested on the plot/house will than make an entry (1 per paid account) and the stone can stay there for the 2 hours current waiting for the plot area to be open anyway. at least will be a fair chance to everyone, other than the 2 or 3 people now placing all houses.

• 1 entry per account will give a fair chance to all players and yes the more account someone have , better his chance, but still a lot better than the current system, where 200 people try to plot and only mr Junk get them all. at least with a raffle system I will have a FAIR ingame chance.
  • on situations that no one want that plot, if NO entry was done during the 2 hours period of time, house will just vanish and area open to anyone.

as You can see, all the loot of the house will go to the outside barrels, people will have to still punch them all and a raffle stone shows up where people can enter.
the winner will have to either have a free account of houses or by accepting the house will than condemn his current house.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    As long as this is an Atlantic only feature, I would be fine with it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Thank you for the feedback.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    @Kyronix ;the raffle stone method is the same as what Mesanna did on my shard's Abyss house. Except that this implementation becomes automated and the raffle stone is on the house, rather than manually placed. Just like the dynamic event/champ, automation is good. :#

Actually, it can just be a new button on the house sign. This will save your team the time to develop this function.

In the process of adding the "Raffle for house" button, might as well add the "Auto Lockdown All Items" in the house button.
    :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 884
    Atlantic 18x18 prices last year averaged 20/50m.. 100m for a really great location.

Now (after Covid/ furlough?) 250m for a crappy blocked max storage and 200/500m for 18x18 Atlantic. @Mesanna SOMETHING is very wrong. I recommned you guys look into this as its a joke.

It seems that this idoc invisible tile has allowed a player or team to abuse and exploit the market, monopolise it and take the absolute piss.

All these returning players we enjoyed will not way pay this stupid amount. Players will not pay this stupid price, or certainly should not be forced to due to scripting (if true)

What really gets me is that you have appeared to do NOTHING about this blatant abuse of players.

Time to do something, maybe instead of release more junk in the store you could stop this cheating empire???
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It seems to me this latest fix to Idocs has put off way more players than it has appeased. Which in most business models, would be considered a failure and would be reversed or never implemented. Yet that's never the case with UO, so (a) I don't see IDOCs going away ever, and (b) the majority will never be happy about any changes...ever.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    *cough* Treasure Hunting.  Epic Failure!  Yes, a few like it. But not the majority! Over thought..as usual. 
    edited July 2020
    Well for what it’s worth I hate the new changes. It BS. But I am comparing it to 12 years ago before idoc guy and the dodgy site that gives up all location in the hope players spend money in the illegal RMT side of the site.

but I know that with Mesanna in change it will never go back to the food olde days 

however there is still a blatant script cheating operation going on in Atl. And the plot prices are a complete joke and the scripting needs to stop

but I for one am now 100% convinced that our lead designer is behind it or in on it and gaining financially from it to know that it will not stop.

so player power, don’t buy from the store, do buy plots on Atl, dont buy from avatar or any RMT sites. Bankrupt the bloody lot of them. And sooner or later EA will kick her out and maybe something will get done 

but while the cash roles in nothing will change.

reading that players reported to Kyronix in test centre about the invisible tile lot exploit and he told them there are no plans to tackle is proves to me that they are busted and it’s I Embarrassing to them that players have found them out and they absolutely want this to go away and are relying on Mariah to edit and close all threads that expose and attack their corruption

and watch Mariah  panic to close this, edit this or outright delete this because their cozy income is being exposed and challenged and and they don’t like it

jelinidas said:
    *cough* Treasure Hunting.  Epic Failure!  Yes, a few like it. But not the majority! Over thought..as usual. 
    Treasure hunters hate it but a whole new breed love it problem solved.  All these new idocers  love it cos there is absolutely no skill or effort involved anymore. You don’t need a stealth idoc template anymore   Fel idocs are 100% given to red guilds.  Total bullshit 
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    I agree with @JackFlashUk! Oh ya, IBTL!!!!!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Sina said:
    @ Kyronix AND @ Mesanna

Since so many other topics were ignored regarding any possible solution for the current 1 tile exploit auto plotting , so I have a suggestion that will probably solve the problem!

as you can see in the picture below, Idocs will be exactly the way it is. barrel will show around the house, but the house will stay there, only the contents of the house will go to the barrels outside, so people still have to punch all the barrels outside in order to get the random loot from the same.
    the difference is, the house will stay in place and a Raffle Stone will than show up and players that are interested on the plot/house will than make an entry (1 per paid account) and the stone can stay there for the 2 hours current waiting for the plot area to be open anyway. at least will be a fair chance to everyone, other than the 2 or 3 people now placing all houses.

• 1 entry per account will give a fair chance to all players and yes the more account someone have , better his chance, but still a lot better than the current system, where 200 people try to plot and only mr Junk get them all. at least with a raffle system I will have a FAIR ingame chance.
    • on situations that no one want that plot, if NO entry was done during the 2 hours period of time, house will just vanish and area open to anyone.

as You can see, all the loot of the house will go to the outside barrels, people will have to still punch them all and a raffle stone shows up where people can enter.
    the winner will have to either have a free account of houses or by accepting the house will than condemn his current house.

I like that idea.  Seems fair.   I also think it should be all shards, not just Atlantic.  On small shards 90% of the time there won't be anyone bidding however for the few plots like casltes/keeps that are still popular it means the professional idoc hunters who DO COME for those plots, and then flog them off to locals for inflated prices will have to go into the draw too.  The only stipulation I would make is that to bid on the stone the account must have been 'active' for 6 mths straight to avoid the 90 day holding accounts bidding.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    This discussion is closed.
This discussion has been closed.