Shadow Guard

We started the shadow guard encouter, i was in a party of two players and not the leader of the party. We went through all the rooms and then entered the roof. We excited and re-entered a few times. Then, for some unknown reason, we can no longer enter. The party leader gets a message saying that I am trying to start a new encounter, and I get the message saying wait while my encounter is being prepared. How can we resolve the issue? I've tried to time out, cancel party, and nothing seems to work. I am unable to do anything with the shadow guard encounter, i can't even cancel the queue or exit shadow guard, I'm stuck at the crystal ball doing nothing!!!! Any suggestions?

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 410
    try help stuck
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    It happened to me as well, after getting into roof and out repeatedly for 5 or 6 times. I was trying to get Ozy or Anon as the first boss. 

I called the GM which did not appear at that time. So I also tried by quiting the party, death and res, but all failed.

There is a grey out "Exit Shadowguard" on my contextual menu that won't go away. So I cannot get into roof as either the party leader or member. 

Second day, the problem solved by itself. A GM came at this time but anyway its too late.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    I've had this issue too and a GM or sever restart will fix it. I talked to someone who had the same issue before and they said the issue is something like there are X number of roof "rooms" available (let's say 10) so that groups are able to do their own instances. When people go in and hop out, it takes a minute or so to "clear" the room of the encounter which ties it up and can confuse it to think you in one of those instances... or something like that.

Anyway they suggested when you leave the roof and go back in; wait like 60 seconds for everyone to be out of the encounter before going back in. I haven't noticed it happen when I wait the extra 45-60seconds.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    x=equals 4
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    I died in the Roof and used a Seed of renewal I planted.  So it took me to the Abyss.  I couldn't get back until the next day.  The Gift of Life choice should be before the seed choice... Or my GoL ran out.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.