Shadowguard orchard

2»

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    your post is 2 years old.
    I'm thinking that if it wasn't intended, it would have been fixed by now.
    I like how a bard can do the room all alone with a horse.  It is fun to just do the puzzle of the trees and not worry about tree fellows killing my horse, if I screw up then the horse and I are quick to seek cover.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,045
    Or maybe the Orchard works as intended.  The devs know that many pets can eat apples.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Mervyn said:
    Please can this be looked at asap, i am sick of standing there like a lemon while someone does the orchard for all of us.
    There is nothing wrong with this.

1) Belfry is also designed to let one person do.
    2) Take turns - not every character can kill the dragon solo. So whoever can kill the dragon, can rest during Orchard and let the bard or mage do the puzzle.
    3) Even when all characters can do all the room, they can still take turns to do the Orchard. This is what happened to my group of friends.
    4) I normally do the Orchard after the Bar and just before the roof or next fight. It allows my character to sober up without getting into a fight.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Mervyn said:
    @ Merus bug fix requests are for the benefit of all players, including yourself.
    So now it has nothing to do with you and feeling like you can’t contribute in a group (which was your previous justification), just your benevolence toward all UO.  

Pets eating fruit isn’t a bug.  
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    Mervyn said:
    there are bugs unfixed that predate this, all dating from circa 2018
    My comment about this post being 2 years old, was because I thought they fixed a bug with Shadowguard already. And I do think that it was intended for the apples to be consumed by pets. Otherwise they would have given us something else, like an acorn.
  • MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    Mervyn said:
    it’s possible to complete orchard with no spawn appearing at all. 
    This was not intended and I have submitted a problem report into the system about several methods to avoid the vile treefellow spawn in the Orchard encounter.
    edited August 2020
    You gonna make it so every party member has to put down fountain pieces?  Every party member must go up to do damage at the Belfry? Etc.

Took you this long to know the mechanics of a part of the game that the current staff designed?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2020
    I would like to thank @Merus for bringing another possible related issue to the developers attention. 
    That it’s possible to complete the belfry without having to ring the bell, you simply take dragons into the room and position yourself and the dragon opposite the vines and tell your dragon to follow & dragons fly up. 
    This may be as intended, not sure. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited August 2020
    Whether or not it works as intended these are not show stopper.

Pls solve the more serious bugs that are Not Functioning at all like EC health bar issues, map problems, crystal portal issue, journal not showing latest info and have to manually scroll up or resize bug.... missing uo pet die with no ghost, character transfer that is lost, players cheating on idoc, players cheat selling account bound items,.

Dev, you have alot on your plate that are critical, please solve the critical issues that are breaking the game.

Who cares about whether or not the apple causes the tree to spawn, if you love to kill Treefellows you can find it where it spawn in other facet sit there and kill as many as u like.

edited August 2020
    There are more contributors and comments to this thread than any other in the bug forum, this is testimony to its urgency. 

Idocs in fel, you can kill the cheaters, but shadowguard orchard is being exploited non stop!
    There is no way to police the orchard.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited August 2020
    You are the only one so eager to change the game. No wonder UO gets worse each year. Valuable time dragged away to do non essentials. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    Misk said:
    Mervyn said:
    it’s possible to complete orchard with no spawn appearing at all. 
    This was not intended and I have submitted a problem report into the system about several methods to avoid the vile treefellow spawn in the Orchard encounter.
    Please allocate resources to bugs which effect a greater percentage of players. I get that everyone has their pet peeve about the game that they would like to see fixed but I cannot imagine how this would be greater priority than fixing the visual bugs in the EC, the persistent vendor search errors, or the client instability at EM events.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    This should be so far down on the list of things to fix it should never see the light of day. If the Dev team needs help prioritizing bugs, we can help!
    Mervyn said:
    There are more contributors and comments to this thread than any other in the bug forum, this is testimony to its urgency. 

Idocs in fel, you can kill the cheaters, but shadowguard orchard is being exploited non stop!
    There is no way to police the orchard.

Wrong it is a testament to how many are against this change.  Seems YOU are the only one who feels this needs to be reported as a bug.  
    @Pawain please be patient with this bug fix, it has been logged now, more commentry on this thread will not speed up the fix.

Mervyn said:
    @ Pawain please be patient with this bug fix, it has been logged now, more commentry on this thread will not speed up the fix.
    More commentary from more players to ensure your non-essential suggestions go to the bottom of the list...

@Misk @Bleak @Kyronix
    can safely ignore this thread or his other threads like the sea wave. They are the least likely to cause player exodus from the game. 
    It’s already taken 2 years to respond, how much more “low priority” can it get?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Given that Misk has already replied to this thread I believe it can now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.