Shadowguard orchard

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Not sure is this is as intended or not, the apples at the shadowguard orchard, if you feed to a fruit eating pet, no spawn appears so it’s possible to complete orchard with no spawn appearing at all. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Expected result: for pet to shake its head at the Apple and not eat it or for tree spawn to appear upon consuming.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    How is that an expected result.  Why would a horse or a cu sidhe turn down a tasty apple.   Sounds like it's working as intended.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    UO is full of puzzles and easter eggs.  Do Not Change UO.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Listen to @Pawain
    People doing shadowguard have nothing to train their pets/skills on in the orchard. You just stand there afk while someone does it for you. Think of the poor tamers. 

OMG I didn't know this was the only place a Tamer could train their pets, now let me try to remember how did I train all my pets, guess it was just PFM that they all are trained.  TY UO for insta training my pets for me.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    @Mervyn & @Bilbo Sarcasm adds no valuable information to this bug report. Leave it out please.
    edited September 2018
    Why am I tagged in this?

retracted, I probably was trolling. I usually am, I don’t even realise when I’m doing it now. 

Is this really a bug report?  Without a DEV saying yes or no it just sounds like another I know what is best for UO so do what I say post by the OP.  Maybe what @Pawain says is try.  Please is this really the only place to train a pet as the OP is trying to make you believe.
    I think you’ll find I haven’t expressed an opinion on whether or not I believe anything should be changed. I prefaced the report with “not sure if this is intended or not” the report was for information purposes only. 

I mentioned training pets or people as an example, the remainder of the party standing there doing nothing seems odd. 

Maybe it is as intended *shrugs shoulders* 

edited September 2018
    Mervyn said:
    I think you’ll find I haven’t expressed an opinion on whether or not I believe anything should be changed. I prefaced the report with “not sure if this is intended or not” the report was for information purposes only. 

I mentioned training pets or people as an example, the remainder of the party standing there doing nothing seems odd. 

Really
    Mervyn said:
    Expected result: for pet to shake its head at the Apple and not eat it or for tree spawn to appear upon consuming.
    what is this then, again you stating the way you think UO should be or did you forget the 2nd post.
    Mervyn said:

Three tamers went the other day.  The guy grabbing apples used the runaround and avoid the spawn method.  Two of us just stayed hidden.

Your idea does not change the fact that one person can do the room and others just stay hidden.

There are plenty of people that hide while others do each room.

edited September 2018
    So what’s your issue with fixing it then? Try digging upwards.

And Bilbo, looks like you have maybe confused the word “expected” with “requested”. 

I’m really not sure what all the grief is about when I have only posted information. If it’s as intended then it’s as intended. You don’t need to persuade me. 

How do you know it is broke.  Reporting a "BUG" or what you think is a bug is fine but guess what you always gotta put your 2 cents in of what is should be.  How about putting in a bug report and then let the DEVs say what it should or should not be but not you, you always think you know how everything works and if it does not work that way then to you it is broke, prime example auto stable even though it is working as intended you say it is broke and this is what it should do.  Someone even said it is a way to bypass the spawn but oh no that can't be right why because you say so.
    edited September 2018
    Bilbo, in the uo newsletter, they encourage us to submit bug reports, you click a link and the form they request it in consists of the following fields:

The bug I experience is:
    the steps i use to produce the bug:
    expected result:

Which to me, I wrote the logical result as every other action results in tree spawn appearing. That is I presumed the challenge of a room. Or else why do they put the tree spawn in?

and like I said, I don’t know it’s broken hence my preface “not sure if this is as intended” 
    it is generally quite difficult to work out what is a bug and what is a feature. You could say anything is a feature. All of the bugs in this forum you could just say are a feature. 

I think what this has in common with the pet auto stable issue, is anything that makes the game more challenging encounters resistance from certain players. A similar reaction was given to when they fixed the boss not spawning mobs when pets attacked it. 
    I would hazard a guess that the people who give resistance to bugs being fixed that make the game more challenging may use the technique of feeding the apples to a pet themselves, and so MAY be giving somewhat of a non impartial opinion. However I could be wrong, maybe you legitimately complete the orchard.

You can't get over yourself can you.  I have taken thousands and thousands of equipment bug reports and you report what is wrong and leave it to the experts to say what the expected result should be but no not you you gotta stick your 2 cents in every where because you sir think you know everything and the way everything should work.

I am not giving resistance to real bugs being fixed I am just getting tired of your know it all attitude and god forbid if someone disagrees with you.
    edited September 2018
    What are you disagreeing with? You don’t think it’s a bug? That is not disagreeing with me, I haven’t said it is a bug, I suggested it might be. 

If you’re not supposed to write an expected result, why do they ask for it in the bug report email template? 

And what do you mean stick my 2 cents in? I wrote the report, you commented on the report.. what am I sticking my 2 cents into? I don’t understand why people get so upset over everything I write.

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Take the  bickering on trivialities elsewhere. Stay on topic or this conversation will suspended.
    edited July 2020
    Please can this be looked at asap, i am sick of standing there like a lemon while someone does the orchard for all of us.

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    I'm sorry but there are alot more important bugs around to be fixed  over this little oversight shadowguard mechanic. Like there are probably hundred of more important things to fix before this
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Mervyn said:
    Please can this be looked at asap, i am sick of standing there like a lemon while someone does the orchard for all of us.
    Do it on your own without a pet.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Mervyn said:
    OMG.  If you don’t like doing the orchard like that as a group, go in and complete it by yourself using the method you like. 
    edited July 2020
    it's not about having something to do, I could bring in some reading material. It's about feeling like you're actually doing something for the group of people you are with. I feel pretty bad when one person does all the work for us and the other people can do nothing to assist. The roof encounter is supposed to be a team thing, not solo. 

Why is this thread getting so many comments? 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    your post is 2 years old.
    I'm thinking that if it wasn't intended, it would have been fixed by now.
    there are bugs unfixed that predate this, all dating from circa 2018

edited July 2020
    Mervyn said:

Because we do not want the Devs to implement your ideas on how the game should work.

As stated, you can do the orchard by yourself, then when the others are done with it they can call you in chat.

The fountain is pretty much the same, I have never put down a piece. Ill bet some players have never gone up to fight the Belfry dragon.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    Mervyn said:
    I dunno, I am happy to do the orchard for the team since I sucketh at the fountain and let the team do the fountain for me while I stand there looking like cold, hard sap. In the end it all balances out. Lemons, Amber, all good. We do for each other, we help each other in the ways that we can. I mostly get people killed. Gotta be good at something ya know?

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited July 2020
    Mervyn said:
    it's not about having something to do, I could bring in some reading material. It's about feeling like you're actually doing something for the group of people you are with. I feel pretty bad when one person does all the work for us and the other people can do nothing to assist. The roof encounter is supposed to be a team thing, not solo. 

Clearly your post and subsequent comments are only meant to troll.  You have the option of doing the orchard the way you are advocating for, just like you have the option to get feathers off the drakes to fight in the belfry.  If you’re unhappy with groups who do them different that is your prerogative, but please stop advocating for changes which force your preferences on the rest of us.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    I'd rather have some new content then the Devs even looking at this. *coughs* Been Eight Months *coughs*
    @Merus bug fix requests are for the benefit of all players, including yourself.

This discussion has been closed.