Has there been a hot fix for first aid belt?

Has there been a hot fix for recognising bandages in the first aid belt in the last couple of days?

My UOAssist couldn't recognise bandages in my first aid belt after death, however now it seems to be working, i checked the tugsoft website and there's been no update since 2018. Was there a UO hotfix?
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    The belt has to be open, and a bandage used from it if you also have some in your main bag.

Maybe you didnt have it open at one point?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    Up to yesterday, with UOAssist, you would have to open the belt before it worked (could close it), which was a real pain to find in an emergency if you forgot to do upon ressing. The belt no longer has to be opened before use.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    i use a macro in CC, for bandage nearest follower & as Norry said... you have to have the first aid belt open and target the pet with a bandage, before i can use a bandage on my pet. That is using CC without UOAssist...

now in EC, with Pinco's all i have to do is, open first aid belt, drag the bandages into my F1 slot. Then any time i want to bandage my pet, i just hit that key. I DON"T have to have the belt open again. (it worked like this without Pinco's too)

because it works better in EC, i tend to play that client, because i hate having to reopen the first aid belt every time i die... 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    I found the problem/solution, this was a UOA setting issue, if you set the macro in UOAssist as "use item type" as a bandage from the first aid belt then upon ressurection you receive the message
    "Use Type FAILED -- type not found" when you try to run the macro before opening the belt.

However you can just leave the macro as "use item" because the bandages are blessed in the first aid belt, and the macro works upon ressurection. You won't ever need to "reset item" if you restock the first aid belt before it runs dry by adding to the same stock with the same colour/type of bandage. No need to then open the belt upon resurrection.