Help with saving macros on CC

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited July 2020 in General Discussions
UK regional keyboard.
I'm trying to move some UOAssist macros onto UO as i've run out of space for UOA macros (16max)

Trying to save a macro on the key "DELETE"
I set a macro on this key
I've opened my macros2d.txt file and see the macro there:
"DELETE 0 0 0
+C a s t S p e l l   E s s e n c e   o f   W i n d "

(0 0 0 refers to if using shift/alt/control)

I've opened my Keynames.txt file and added:
"DELETE"

Macro still doesn't save upon logout.

Any help appreciated.

(Would like to repeat for Insert/Home/End/Page up/Page down keys)

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    change your keyboard to English [US] and it should save.

Its ok, rookie mistake, but I forgive you.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Thanks,

I changed to English [US]
    and now the macro2d.txt file reads
    "Delete 0 0 0
    +C a s t S p e l l   E s s e n c e   o f   W i n d "

I again added this to the Keynames.txt file.

Still not saving

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    I know this applies to the classic client (and possibly the enhanced client). There are undocumented keys that UO will not allow to be used in macros. If you dig deeply into the dress / undress macro posts most of the people complaining (myself included) that the macros did not save on exit, were due to using keys that UO will not allow. To make it worse, UO will give no warming to keys not allowed. I grew very sick and quickly of the constant "change your keyboard to US layout" comments. Especially since that is my native keyboard & the fact that it had nothing to do with most peoples issues.

I became so frustrated with the dress / undress macro keys not saving, I quit trying for over a year. Then one day I ran across a post discussing that certain keys just do not work with the UO macro system. I experimented with many different keys & I now they save on exit. Keys such as insert, delete, end, home, page up, page down may not work. Insert & delete do not - they do in UOAssist though.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As far as I am aware, and I hope @Bleak will correct me if I am wrong, you can edit the keynames.txt file to correspond to your keyboard settings, ie NUM Num or num, but you cannot add keys to it. Only those keys listed in the file can be used for macros.