Dev's. Europa and Dracs are NOT in America

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
edited July 2020 in General Discussions
Can we please have European times for IDOCS, At present they fall rather nicely for the US players. But these are in fact European servers so can you adjust the fall time accordingly.

Fall times between midnight and 0600 is completely unacceptable as you surely will agree

America have enough server and idocs but I think is a joke that most of our Idocs fall when its great and convenient for US players.....

Not sure if its an oversight or just easier for you to lump our 2 servers in with the US servers, but can we be separated from from the US fall system. It does not work for the paying players here 

Thanks

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    They fall based on the time the account reaches 90 days don't they?  Maybe tell people to consider your feelings more when they allow their account to lapse?

Plenty on LS fall after midnight central.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    edited July 2020
    Pawain that what is supposed to happen, but nope there is something wrong with the turn and fall times, and has been so for several years. There are def following a US timeline pattern and not European timeline.  Of course these servers might be full of US players?  But something is off here.

Before all the cheating and RMT sites, Europa idocs fell between 1600/2000hr.    then when the 5/10/15 timers came out they started turning idoc same time as US idocs.  And they never returned

I know its prob easier to link our 2 servers with the massive amount ons US servers. But it no use to us when we are all asleep when they are falling

If its a billing thing then payments are declined at midnight GMT then with a max 15 hrs fall time 90 days later houses should start decaying at mid night,  idoc houses should be falling in early morning to late afternoon not in the middle of the night.  So this least me to think that there is a system in place that links us to US servers for house decay.......

Houses are turning Idoc very late in the day here. They should be, and used to turn in the mornings so they should fall early afternoon right through to the evening and not when Europa and Dracs players are in bed and US server players are entering early evening.  

So somehow can Devs check turn time sand see that Europa/Dracs idocs turn in similar times to US idocs
    So in days past, houses went idoc in the morning is UK usually about 8/10am, so with 7 hr fall times as I posted above houses were dropping between 16/1800, 2000 latest. If houses are dropping in the middle of the night on the 15hr timer that does not follow a UK timeline, our 2 servers are like din with US servers somehow........
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited July 2020
    Agree on this, the times houses fall on eu/drach are ridiculous right now, sometimes in middle of week at 4am local time, its not convenient at all.

Also try filter out the empty houses, theres too many people adding empty houses around it makes the content less quality.

• SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    you guys do know that its not just europa and drach. that have houses fall at 4am local time. All shards have houses falling all hours of the day and night. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited July 2020
    you guys do know that its not just europa and drach. that have houses fall at 4am local time. All shards have houses falling all hours of the day and night. 
    I do not know if it is all or most but nonetheless, my perception is, that a significant number of Houses which fall down, do it "strangely" at US prime (or in the afternoon anyways) playing time for the most part....

At least, for the Western Shards, not sure about the Asian or Oceanian shards.

And this is odd to me. If the mechanics was to have falls be randomized, we should then really see Houses fall at ANY time of the day and not mostly during US evening/afternoon time.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited July 2020
    Oceania ones tend to go down between 1-3am.  Not a particular user friendly time.  Certainly most of  the sort after castle idocs always tend to be when we are asleep.  No idea on whether this is just unlucky or something to do with the time the idoc stuff 'happens' in the USA when the default payment clicks in.  Might just be imagining.  I am not a great idoc'er, find it totally boring so don't pay it too much attention but certainly the last few I have seen (wanted to look at the new system) have all been way after I can be bothered to stay up so have yet to actually see the new stuff in action.  There was ONE tiny one that went down but having pounded barrels got zip so not a great experience, have yet to see any others that are at a time I could be bothered with.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    edited July 2020
    I have yet to see An Atlantic house fall in the afternoon GMT. They fall in the middle of the night, this accommodates the US players.  My issue is, as stated above, far too many EU idocs also fall In prime US times.  So how about looking at all shards and customise fall times to agree with the time zones.   And YES can empty houses have that indicated on the house sign to save us wasting time 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    I have been back for 2 weeks and already been to about 3 idocs on Atl felucca that fel in the afternoon GMT, and I don’t even do idocs. 

And as for wasting time? The timer now tells you exactly what time it’s going to fall... What time is being “wasted”? You’re playing an MMORPG which by definition is a time waste.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    I have been back for 2 weeks and already been to about 3 idocs on Atl felucca that fel in the afternoon GMT, and I don’t even do idocs. 

And as for wasting time? The timer now tells you exactly what time it’s going to fall... What time is being “wasted”? You’re playing an MMORPG which by definition is a time waste.
    I Will put this in caps so you cant misunderstand again.
                                  EMPTY HOUSE = wasting time Mervyn
    As I clearly stated above. The house sign can indicate the house is EMPTY so we don't WASTE our time attending, timing etc for nothing. If people want to place then great
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    How easy do you need it?  SMH
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited July 2020
    jelinidas said:
    How easy do you need it?  SMH
    100%. Maybe we should just take all the guess work out of it and have a poll of when the house should fall along with all contents of the house so people know if it's worth their time.

If you ask me, empty houses at 4am is the cost of business for getting absolutely free stuff (were the houses not empty). That is the only way to get hordes of artifacts/rares/valuables all in one place... having a chance to get nothing is the same thing every player faces when they partake in any content looking for a drop.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Mervyn said:

As I clearly stated above. The house sign can indicate the house is EMPTY so we don't WASTE our time attending, timing etc for nothing. If people want to place then great
    What's next ? A comprehensive list of items in the house for those that don't want to "waste their time" for lesser immediate resale valued items ? Gtfooh....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited July 2020
    so, it's out of order to ask for European server houses to fall when European players are playing? Of course how dare me.  How about we change all the US server idocs to fall in European times.  Bet the crying starts then yes? 

So we have fall times on house signs, but the houses fall when only US players are on, Gotcha ;)

Mervyn said:

What's next ? A comprehensive list of items in the house for those that don't want to "waste their time" for lesser immediate resale valued items ? Gtfooh....
    So you disagree that is a waste of time going to an empty idoc, Oh wait, you don't even go to them, so its just a +1 troll as per usual from you,  bravo
    So EM events are tailored for the time zones, So when Atlantic event are on, its the middle of the night for me, I accept that as part of the game, But Idocs in my own country or time zone are aligned with the US and I have to accept that?   Funny that EM events on Euro/Dracs are at prime time for the time zones, but idocs are completely out of time. 

I find it rather odd that with a 15 hr fall window the majority of EU/Dracs fall in the middle of the night GMT???????

How about @mesanna changes all EM events to match GMT regardless of shard

The trolls come out as this request will affect their Idocing in ALL western/Euro shards as its nice and convenient. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @JackFlashUk - No offense but your request seems pretty self centered and based solely on YOUR play schedule. Based on your logic, everything should follow the EM event cycle (which btw they do that to maximize the turn out... which if they did change it I can see you then complain too many people are at the IDOCs and you again waste your time going) and everything should be based on local prime time. What about the people that work or want to spend time with their family during local primetime?? They get screwed all because you find the timing of things inconvenient? 

Also seems like many would also complain with IDOCs being primetime when lag is at the highest potential of the day; again that's fine for YOU but you don't speak for everyone. What you missed in a previous post is that the US setup is similar and houses do fall after midnight local time (2-3am sometimes).

What you may have also missed about UO is that since it's an MMO the world doesn't stop when you log out so if your hobby is playing for IDOCs maybe you should change the time you play versus the entire game changing to fit you.  

I'm all for random IDOC times and if most of them are off hours then so be it. I've missed tons of things due to being at work/with my family/on vacation but I'm not posting that everything should be on my time frame.
    Not self centred. And not prime time.  Just within the 15 hour fall zone when people in the UK are awake 
    But my whole point is the UK Dracs idocs should not be following US, Atlantic fall times should they.  
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2020
    The fall times should fall in line with the time of day that particular account was created and maintained without interruption, minus the actual decay timers. I doubt very seriously that it's any more than coincidence. It's not some conspiracy theory. Post count +1.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Your right garth, it is when ther server processes the payment. Not a conspiracy but when the player canceled, or when thier bank declined charges or when payment didnt get recharged(the last being during banking hours of the home location)
    edited July 2020
    Ok, so guess then most players in Europa and Dracs that are quiting and letting their houses fall are indeed living in the US then so that must be it.  Thanks, no action to be taken then, all is well.
     Please Americans' stops quitting and leaving our servers...... If you do, can you cancel payments in the middle of the night, YOUR TIME, as it appears thats why we have after darkness idocs.
    So my original answer is the reason?

All you quitters need to cancel your account at a time convenient for Jack flash.

why you trolling Pawain?  Simply fact is before all the idoc changes Eruopa idocs fell at reasonable times for Europa, players.  Now they fall when its prime for US players. Something has changed and it needs to be changed back.  Its a bug or a conscious change, maybe to make life easier to control the idocs, I dont know, but Europa and Dracs idocs follow the same timeline as US servers.  ITS A PROBLEM

Now can I assume you don't do idocs? so WHY are you pitching in? like you usually do, you wanna start something to get the post locked. Please go somewhere else and troll, this is not the topic for you.

Unless you have some actual data to support you attacks? 

"To answer you little attack, I will educate All you quitters need to cancel your account at a time convenient for...."  The players of Europa and Dracs that try to attend idocs but actually don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night to partake.

There you go

Of course my other thought is you ARE a US player and you don't want YOUR cosy idocs to be timed more in line with Europa/Dracs players.  Thats usually what happens here,  troll, start to get personal, then Mariah wades in with the padlock

So, seeing as you are not a Dev you are not required to answer as if you are one.....
    I can reply to this thread without your permission. 

Your previous post seemed to accept the fact that the system is working as intended. You speculated that those non Europe time falls were from other time zones.

Seems like there has been enough time for a dev to tell you to give more info and post a bug report if they thought this was a bug.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    I used to camp IDOC in the past but no more. 

It is a primitive concept that makes sense 20 years ago when servers are crowded. If you don't want to pay sub and leave forever, houses drop and get looted by others who stay on. 

I still think the system should just back up all the items into each player personal vault should they choose to return. 

Or else very soon, we will have empty servers, back to day 1 of server birth.

So, solved the problem for the OP of this thread and no argument for all  :(
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • So, with all the recent IDOC's i noticed that a large majority of the ones on Atlantic fell out of prime time and many were in the middle of the night.  What was the fall times on the Europa ones, did anyone keep track?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
     What was the fall times on the Europa ones, did anyone keep track?
    Thats what Im saying, from 9pm to 6am when server goes down.
    Ofcourse you have the additional odd one that fell outside of that time frame, but the majority is at night local time. Same with drachenfehls, both servers in same timezone.

Im sure the U.S players are happy about this, but the locals not. Remember the IDOCs should always be convinient for the local players, to preserve local history and the players in that region.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I don't know for sure, but I've a feeling you are laying blame in the wrong place. Instead you should be blaming the banks, who take payments from accounts in the middle of the night.