Blackthorn Dungeon old spawn

EisenbeinEisenbein Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in General Discussions
Hello,

does anyone know when the old spawn will be back at Blackthorn Dungeon?
  1. Should the old spawn be restored?10 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      20.00%
    3. I want a beer
      30.00%
UO is the best!

Comments

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I'm still enjoying the multiple drops from the Captains! I hope they don't ever change them...
  • EisenbeinEisenbein Posts: 4
    I miss the gold elements
    UO is the best!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I need more gold ore. Dragon barding deeds use a lot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I miss killing the balrons for fame and honor (and the rare drop).  I did them in Fel to get the extra fame.   Knighted quite a few chars that way.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    I miss leaving my char there afk (setting it to follow my pet) and coming back in the morning with a backpack full of drops. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited July 2020
    Mervyn said:
    I miss leaving my char there afk (setting it to follow my pet) and coming back in the morning with a backpack full of drops. 

I miss PKing Mervyn there when he did this. :(

We had some fights there over this, sometimes he won, sometimes we did. :)

My own opinion - is this spawn was fine in Felucca, and if players did as Mervyn suggested above, there was a chance they could be found, and natural justice could occur. I found many players there doing this in Felucca, thinking they could use Europa as a quiet farming shard, and killed them.

I enjoyed doing this spawn myself  in Felucca also, and I did it attended. It's actually the only way I can do it, I cannot solo captains, and as a team, we don't really do this one, we are very focussed on Champion Spawns, Roof, Medusa atm, though we could switch our efforts I guess. But this was one I liked to solo, or find PvP at.

As per Mervyn's example, I don't think this spawn, or things like Fan Dojo can be allowed in Trammel - they are too easily scriptable - or you don't even have to script them to AFK play them per game abilities, but to remove it completely from the game seems harsh.

Another good example is Slim the Fence on Europa in Felucca. 2 guys - Tiger and Firefly script this 24/7 for about 4 months now, they have been reported and nothing has been done. But, at least we can kill them, and we do, a lot, there are about 3 active guilds that take turns killing them when we get a chance. They get away with it, because they are so damn persistent, but we make them work for it, and I loot a ton off them. So in my mind, that is ok, because they face Risk v Reward. If that was in Trammel, that would be very frustrating for the players to see and know is happening, but not be able to do anything about it.

Edit - so in summary - I believe these spawns should be allowed back in Felucca only, and even then, the drops need to be Cursed - like Powerscrolls. This is because there are scripts that auto insure the drops, so if we get to kill them, we should get those drops.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Mervyn said:
    When you play in a group, each captain drops 3 arties to each player. I think the days of afk are less effective than being attended.

Put the stuff back until you revamp it!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Before the change to stealth in there my husband and a group of friends would work 'shifts' in Fel Blackthorns on Drachenfels, standing by the AFK melee fighters stealing their drops as they got them. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Before the change to stealth in there my husband and a group of friends would work 'shifts' in Fel Blackthorns on Drachenfels, standing by the AFK melee fighters stealing their drops as they got them. 
    I tried doing this but some scripters autoinsured insta, no chance to steal. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• usernameusername Posts: 688
    Doubt it's coming back. Somehow nerfing this made sense but people are afk botting Doom and Shadowguard 24/7 and that's acceptable. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.