Rune book bug?

DubhDubh Posts: 28
edited July 2020 in General Discussions
Every now and then I open a rune book (in EC), select a rune and click Recall (Spell). And nothing at all happens, not even the power words, but the book closes.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I'm doing to cause this to happen. Am I clicking in the wrong spot? I haven't had any luck figuring out what causes it because it's so rare. It's got me killed a couple times, though.

About the only thing I've figured out is it has nothing to do with combat, as it's happened when no combat has been happening.

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Odd, I experience a similar bug in the EC but I normally get the Words of Power, then nothing happens and I have to cast a second time. I have not noticed a reproduceable pattern.
    -Arroth
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Same for me in EC - spasmodic and not often but it seems to always happen when I'm in a hurry.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited July 2020
    Mine usually does this and also loses it's "default" rune when i am Pirate hunting, I assume it has something to do with constantly hopping over server lines or maybe the cannons doing some weirdness. nothing else i do seems to cause this issue and the only way to fix it is to stop Pirating and restart the client. Now that i think about it, it could have something to do with the boat rune constantly updating it's position within the rune book. hmmmm. think i'll try something like putting all my boat runes in one book away from the main atlas.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    Mine usually does this and also loses it's "default" rune when i am Pirate hunting, I assume it has something to do with constantly hopping over server lines or maybe the cannons doing some weirdness. nothing else i do seems to cause this issue and the only way to fix it is to stop Pirating and restart the client. Now that i think about it, it could have something to do with the boat rune constantly updating it's position within the rune book. hmmmm. think i'll try something like putting all my boat runes in one book away from the main atlas.

This is a different bug that was already reported in March 2019,

This bug survived publish 105, 106, 107, & 108.
    But maybe they will fix it in publish 109.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DubhDubh Posts: 28
    Parnoc said:
    Same for me in EC - spasmodic and not often but it seems to always happen when I'm in a hurry.
    Yes, "in a hurry" is the only real pattern I've noticed!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    The rune book has a "in a hurry" sensor...  :o
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Happens to me sometimes several times a night.  Usually works fine on my second try.  Thought rune book check circle for spell might be very sensitive to where the cursor was when I clicked the mouse.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Happens in CC as well, but it is accompanied by the response. The book needs time to recharge. Maybe in EC that isn’t showing up
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Seems to be happening more often than before.  I use the EC.  There isn't any message.  The rune book just closes.  
  • DubhDubh Posts: 28
    edited July 2020
    Cazador said:
    Happens in CC as well, but it is accompanied by the response. The book needs time to recharge. Maybe in EC that isn’t showing up
    I don't think that's it, because I don't think it requires me to have used the book recently. But I will keep an eye open for this.
    Arnold7 said:
    Happens to me sometimes several times a night.  Usually works fine on my second try.  Thought rune book check circle for spell might be very sensitive to where the cursor was when I clicked the mouse.
    Same as above — I think I've ruined this out. But it's possible.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    For years when ever I recall on my home book to my vendor house outside moonglow bank (mind you its set for tram house) i get sent to fel same location.   This is not just 1 character or account that this happens to.  It's not a every recall thing so the GM's I have called could not help me on it.
    This is not just one shard as i have had a house on a few shards in this same spot that are no longer there but if you use the old house book for that house you get the same effect.