Your UO wishlist for 2020

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    edited December 2019
    Filters on the <Control>/<Shift> handles in CC.
    Give us the ability to toggle between seeing what type of handles when using control/shift
    examples...
    *see everything (the way it is now)
    *only see player handles
    *only see non player handles
    *only see corpses handles
    *only items on the ground handles
    any combination of the above

Sometimes there are so many items on the ground and/or people at EM events that it's damn near impossible to pull a monsters bar or find your own corpse after you died.  This would help with that problem immensely. 

Yes for both clients (I know it is available in EC but is awkward to use with out hotkeys toggle) and I would add 

See only unsecured items (things that will vanish in X minutes) 

That would let you find that thing you dropped by mistake in your house & check to make sure you lock every thing down after moving things. 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited December 2019
    new Minister of Trades at Minoc & Yew
    we now have the docks but can't pick up orders for delivery.

Yew MoT is inland... waaay inland, but he is there and outside of a building so easy enough to find. Just remember the "city" of Yew is a sprawling development -- and truth be told the MoT for my home city is near where docks would have made better sense (and sheltered by the inlet and bay).

I believe Minoc is the same way - that MoT is pretty much inland as well.

When they added the docks to those cities, the Royal Architects just never told the MoTs about it, lazy bastard they be to not go looking.

My wishes...
    • UO continues to Year 25 & beyond.
    • I finally get a castle design I really like (meaning I have to win a contest).
    • Broadsword finds a way to really stop cheating (they are making progress... albeit minuscule and somewhat troublesome for those who run public establishments - although I do understand the need for this refinement of the ToS by noting the house-owner-account.... it just makes those of us who run community and public services on a shard to second guess their contributions; particularly on smaller and less populated shards. I really don't want to shut down services on Pacific - but I am monitoring on my own without the HoG so will see what comes of it.)
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    LilyGrace said:

2. My fisher / pirate hunter isn't a tamer. She uses a bow and she's more often than not sailing solo. Up until being able to use the silver tincture on my bow to turn it into a slayer I never bothered to go after the dread pirates. There wasn't any point because the battle ends up in a draw. I'll stand there for an eternity burning up arrows, my gear getting trashed, but the pirate and I are in a standoff, neither of us really taking any significant damage. So instead I'll kill the orcs then drop my bow so I don't waste arrows while I loot their ship. The dread pirate gets left behind.

I don't want to have to be a tamer to kill dread pirates. I'd like a permanent Dread Pirate Slayer. And not some wicked hard to come by prize that you have to go on fishing quests for. Let alchemists create bottles of Dread Pirates Bane that work like the silver tincture does. Or introduce pirate slayer weapons and talismans. It doesn't make sense to me that a melee character ends up in a Mexican standoff against dread pirates.

What spec is your archer? Honoring (even at only 50 Bushido) and Enemy of One will get you very close to the damage modifier cap, eliminating the need for a slayer weapon. Do you have tactics and use Armor Ignore, or just auto attacks?
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    1.  More storage and/or storage solutions.  A container for weapons and a container for armor that takes up 1 lockdown slot and holds a lot of items would be great.  Similar to the jewelry box.  I think this would be great for creating different sets for different things . Like if you wanted to build up an energy eater suit or luck suits etc...you could create so many different armor sets and have a more dynamic experience in game switching between them without sacrificing storage as much. 

2. BODs / BOD books telling you if a BOD is part of a larger BOD or not.  Having to consult the internet to figure this out is bothersome and wastes a lot time.  This should be clearly communicated in game.

3. I agree...making crafting more valuable would be great.  I appreciate all of the things that have been done over the years to make crafting ore robust...its pretty amazing...but at the same time..still limited. It would be great if a crafter and artificer could work together to create great gear as good as major or legendary artifacts. Success chance could maybe govern this a bit as to not let it get out of control.

3.2 (lol) Have a transaction log on vendors that tells you what sold.  Sure the gold is good on its own but the knowledge of what sells and for how much is also extremely valuable.
  • Actually enforced fair play in PvP would be a huge step. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

A magery mastery spell that does considerable cold damage. On par with the flamestrike spell.

Meditate while invisible.

Spell books should not count against backpack storage. Almost half of my backpack is just for slayer spell books which cuts in half how much loot I can carry.

• Khyro said:

What spec is your archer? Honoring (even at only 50 Bushido) and Enemy of One will get you very close to the damage modifier cap, eliminating the need for a slayer weapon. Do you have tactics and use Armor Ignore, or just auto attacks?
    Hi @Khyro ;

I have Anat / Archery / Chiv / Healing / Resist / Tactics all at 120.  I do use EoO and Armor Ignore.

I don't have Bushido. I switch out Resist for 120 fishing if I'm going fishing instead of pirate hunting. I'd be happy to take advice on a better build for an archer / pirate hunter. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer. :-)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904

new rewards for huntmaster
    container that reduces leather weight

Looks like we won't be getting this in 2020.
    It would be good to have a satchel for holding heavy leather.
    It is directly related to hunting (leather from corpse).

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    SEARCHABLE JEWELRY BOX
    Possible to craft spell books with mods for all spell book types, not just magery spell books

Creatures summoned with a creature summoning talisman can be controlled and used to attack. 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Kirthag said:
    new Minister of Trades at Minoc & Yew
    we now have the docks but can't pick up orders for delivery.

Yew MoT is inland... waaay inland, but he is there and outside of a building so easy enough to find. Just remember the "city" of Yew is a sprawling development -- and truth be told the MoT for my home city is near where docks would have made better sense (and sheltered by the inlet and bay).

I believe Minoc is the same way - that MoT is pretty much inland as well.

When they added the docks to those cities, the Royal Architects just never told the MoTs about it, lazy bastard they be to not go looking.

===================================

i must have been tired when i wrote that lol...
    I meant to write Fish Monger.
    It would be nice to have Fish mongers for the other cities that have governors.
  • TchallaTchalla Posts: 24
    1) I'll echo getting some crafter love. Not sure on specifics, since I haven't really given it much though. Maybe... if nothing else, give crafters the ability to transmogrify armor pieces into different pieces (i.e. plate gloves into ringmail gloves or a wizard's hat into a tricorne hat). I'm not the most fashionable person in the world, but it's always a bit of a let down when you see great magical stats on a piece of armor or clothing, but that item doesn't match the aesthetics you were going for.

2) Keeps in Malas wouldn't hurt necessarily. So much open and unused land seems like such a waste.

3) Giving us the official go ahead to use certain third party programs when using the classic client. I refrain from using the classic client because the enhanced client is so much more functional. It certainly isn't for the visual aspect, since I personally find the classic graphics far better than enhanced in most instances (although I have to admit water looks way better in the enhanced client).
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    1. Stop giving us new content without fixing the serious problems with the game. Fix that first.

2. Hire outside counsel to fix RMT issues

3. Fix the economy
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I'd like to see :

1) - A Weapons' Rack that can stock up to 500 Weapons but count as 1 item. Of course, with filters and a Search function to find whatever item with whatever properties one might be in need of.

2) - An Armour Armoire that can stock up to 500 Pieces of Armor but count as 1 Item. Of course, with filters and a Search function to find whatever item with whatever properties one might be in need of.

Want to find that Slayer ? look in ONE place, set the filter and get it in no time...

Need that piece of armor that has that LRC and MR + certain resists ? Open up the Armoire, enter the search data wanted and in no time the wanted piece is before one's own eyes...

3) - A Search tool that enables a player to search, entering a key word, all items having that given key word in their text across all containers secured or locked down in the House belonging to that Account as well as in all Bank Boxes and Backpacks of all Characters tied to that Account from which the tool has been claimed from a Token. Looking for that particular item but no longer remember where you put it ? No problem, fire up the Search Tool and get to know where it is in a little time....

4) - A Bulk Order Deed Books that can hold 1,000 BODs or, one that can hold 500 BODs BUT, count as 1 item rather then the 5 it is now.... this would help players sooooo much with their space shortage issues..... But perhaps, rather then a Veteran Reward, this would be better Designed as a Craftable or as a Holiday Reward.... I'd prefer to see it as a Craftable, though, to give Crafters some new business....

5) - A "New" Jewellery and Talismans Box holding 500 of them and counting as 1, BUT, with a good and well working search function which would allow to players to be able to search for the stored items according to the properties which they want rather then having to look one by one all of the stored items....

6) - A "Weight Reducing" bag for Fishermen to help them carry more heavy Fish or Crustaceans when going around having to fill up their FishMonger Quests' Crates back and forth their Bank or Home.... this would avoid them having to do multiple runs.... But Perhaps this could also be a New Huntmaster Challenge Reward ?

7) - A Special saddle which could permit 5 slots Pets to be ridden ? One of the most annoying issues with non rideable pets is to access locations where the Crystal Ball of Summoning does not work and have the pet on trail being aggroed and continuously stopped by Creatures while getting down into the Dungeon.... sometimes it takes forever to reach the destination.... being able to ride that pet would make it faster and less troubling to reach the wanted destination....

8) - And of course, the Fishing enhancements I mentioned here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/42861/#Comment_42861

This is what I would like to be Designed and released sometimes in 2020....
    "Lockdown All Items" option in house context menu.  Locks down anything that isn't.
    dvvid said:
    "Lockdown All Items" option in house context menu.  Locks down anything that isn't.
    Wow, I like this idea, especially when I just lost 3 chests recently after forgetting to lock down.
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:
    Wow, I like this idea, especially when I just lost 3 chests recently after forgetting to lock down.
    How about a "Object Handle Filter" for unsecured items (User setting/options in EC). That would show your unlocked down items and avoid having to find locked down things you didn't intend to keep. 

But anything on this front would be oh so appreciated.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Anything new or any added perceived excitement. ToT was nice. Invasions were ok for a couple of weeks, but has gone on way to long. Yes, I know this was spur of the moment Covid entertainment and I do thank the team for it. But, If its that easy to turn on old things, why not do it more often in these long droughts between new content? We have had nothing new in about 8 months! What other subscription game could get away with no new content for so long of a time? No pass for the team on this. Pretty shameful. 
    I would like to see Miner's maps for the lower level ores added to the BOD system. Dull copper is harder to get than Val. doing pirate ships at the moment.
    At least change Gargoyle's pickaxes to 100% upgraded ore return even if you feel the need to increase the odds of getting an elemental. At the moment just using Gargoyle's Pickaxe you still go home with mostly iron ingots. 

jelinidas said:
    Anything new or any added perceived excitement. ToT was nice. Invasions were ok for a couple of weeks, but has gone on way to long. Yes, I know this was spur of the moment Covid entertainment and I do thank the team for it. But, If its that easy to turn on old things, why not do it more often in these long droughts between new content? We have had nothing new in about 8 months! What other subscription game could get away with no new content for so long of a time? No pass for the team on this. Pretty shameful. 

The question I and I think this thread have is what exactly you would like to see? Just saying "new content" is pretty vague.
    I have noticed that the developers respond and become engaged if the suggestions are specific and realistic. Saying this aria need a new event doesn't seem to do it, were proposing a new encounter with this type of critter, this type of reward and an engaging back story might.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Tim said:

jelinidas said:
    Anything new or any added perceived excitement. 

The question I and I think this thread have is what exactly you would like to see? Just saying "new content" is pretty vague.
    I have noticed that the developers respond and become engaged if the suggestions are specific and realistic. Saying this aria need a new event doesn't seem to do it, were proposing a new encounter with this type of critter, this type of reward and an engaging back story might.
    I think this first sentence pretty much says it...
    I am glad you have noticed the devs engaged, This team is the worst in communicating anything. We will have to agree to disagree. Its been freaking months since we have seen anything!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I've already posted my wants, they won't happen. So I just log in every day and do whatever, for however much longer...the end.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I've already posted my wants, they won't happen. So I just log in every day and do whatever, for however much longer...the end.

No worries, you still got the best signature ever!
    Bulk Order Deed Books tell you which small BODs are part of large BODs.  So much time is wasted checking websites to see which small BODs are not part of large ones.  
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    1) Give us that “updated” Approved 3rd Party Programs list we were promised how many years ago?

2) Get off the fence. I personally don’t care anymore which way they go b/c everyone I know has either made the switch from legit game play or quit playing (I chose the latter). 

3) Tell us what programs are approved and what are not! I maintain, a game you have to cheat to play isn’t worth playing. I have my accounts but haven’t played in a LONG time. If some 3rd party programs are no long considering cheating... LET US KNOW. Some of us may come back to play if we know we’re not putting our accounts in jeopardy.

There’s many ways to level the field (some of which I’m sure they don’t want to do such as banning accounts) but leveling the playing field starts by telling us the rules. Do your job. ‘Nuff said...
  • FextheElfFextheElf Posts: 31
    Can i ask to Santa 2020 a Jewelry set who gives LMC to the scribes ? it could be ring brace necklace and earrings so to cap it to 40  <span>:smile:</span>
    Any chance of getting a mark on small BODs that indicates the ones that fit into large ones?
    I know most off by hart now but it would make it simpler for casual crafters. I'm thinking of "should I hang on to this one or just fill and hand in now?" 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I go to each section: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/

And copy and paste onto a document then print it so I can see which fit in a large: 
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/blacksmithing/blacksmith-bulk-orders/
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    It’s still a waste of time checking a document over and over again, though. There should be an indicator in game somewhere. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Takes me 10 seconds.  I have the cooking and alchemy memorized.  I don't do smith weapons so that's easy also. Why not just get rid of the BODs that don't fit into larges.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.