new idocs

the new idoc way is super bad. like 25 people in uo like it. so many items poof now. its a joke. i do like how the guy yells there's a idoc and says were it's at. keep that and go back to old ways. the new way make stuff on all server cost way way way to much. to many items poof. not just vet rewards to. old em items poof. we want the old way back

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Wait till ya try the new and improved t-maps... :/

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited July 2020

I didn't know a guy even yelled them, maybe I should pay more attention.

As a system it is much stronger now, people were showing up in the past and just hoovering it all up with scripts and giving no-one a chance, only a very few benefitted - and they were making a real life living out of it, at the cost of everyone. The complaints were endless, the Devs listened and built a stronger system.

In Felucca, it is even stronger, with the arena pvp style inside the barrels, that's really good.

The only weakness - I would agree, is the Vet rewards going, there do seem to be too few of them now, and the price is going through the roof, not enough Vets anymore to be producing Vet rewards, so many good rewards, not enough picks. I always was a person who said everything should be deleted from an IDOC, and I will stick with that viewpoint even now, but I can say it is being noticed on the Vet rewards. But again - that is exactly what they are meant to be, a reward for playing so long. So in a way - it has corrected the balance for Vet Rewards also, and given them their status back in the game.

Think I'm going to end this by saying, I think it is a stronger system, and is balancing things out, and reducing some very poor playstyles that were going on.

Wait till ya try the new and improved t-maps... :/

I am going to agree, the new T Map system seems a bit confusing, I've not got my head around it yet. :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Hate all the items that go poof.  Love the new system to get the items.  We all have a change to get crappy armor!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    Wait, IdocGuy is mad because they changed idocs and he cant script?? PRICELESS.
    Keep as it is...
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I like this new system and most people I talked with like it also. Of course, no one likes the vet rewards and commodity deeds poofing. I'm actually going to idoc's now and quite a few people are starting too also. There are still nice items to be gotten like the skull mug I got at one. The old way I would have never gotten that item, the scripter with the 5 packies would have gotten it while I was left the goza mats. 
    Marge said:
    I like this new system and most people I talked with like it also. Of course, no one likes the vet rewards and commodity deeds poofing. I'm actually going to idoc's now and quite a few people are starting too also. There are still nice items to be gotten like the skull mug I got at one. The old way I would have never gotten that item, the scripter with the 5 packies would have gotten it while I was left the goza mats. 

That's how I think most players I know see it. As a guild, we even went to one the other day, we almost never went either.

Where is the guy who shouts it out by the way?

• SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    Cookie its the trade ministers most are on the docks. 
    I really like the new changes. Seems tons more go to idocs now.  If you hit a barrel your going to get something and you never know what it might be. I have got em items and server rares i even got a chaos banner vet reward. I think way more folks like these new idocs they just dont post or yell in chat how much they like them. 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Yes, it the trade ministers that yell it out. If he yells out coordinates, run back and forth to make sure it is the only one. I've had them yell out the same one 5 or 6 times then give another one. Also, if there is no idoc listed try again in a few hours. (At least on Atl where there is usually at least one a day.)
    Thanks guys and girls, and yes, I agree with you Soldahouse. :)
  • i do miss the days when i could loot stuff like this solo, but ya know what people are having fun at idocs again. people are being nice to each other. i rarely ever see trash talk, more of people running into each other and asking how theyve done today.   losing vet rewards sucks, ive been hugely vocal about that. resources meeh i know some people like them, but i can live without them.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited July 2020
    Overall I think it was a good change

The barrels were the best part of the change.  It put a system where the loot is divided evenly and fairly between players! 

Resources being deleted is another good change in my opinion.  As time goes on it gives the possibility of resource gathering being a good profession again.

Veteran rewards getting deleted is the only change that i don't like.  It is what it is i guess   

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    i do miss the days when i could loot stuff like this solo, but ya know what people are having fun at idocs again. people are being nice to each other. i rarely ever see trash talk, more of people running into each other and asking how theyve done today.   losing vet rewards sucks, ive been hugely vocal about that. resources meeh i know some people like them, but i can live without them.
    SHUT UP did u get all that at once!!!!!!!!
    I had some winner solo idocs in my time but that just takes the absolute piss!

And it has annoyed me again, reminding me of what it used to be like before the scripting/RMT cheaters ruined it all.  I hate the new idocs and for the rest of my game playing days I will never understand why such a stupid change was implemented INSTEAD of going after the scripters and closing down of RMT sites.
    lol the more I look at the screenie, the more outrageous that loot becomes!

• people looted better stuff than that solo. that was a fel castle on ice , Oceania. not a soul around.  every bit of that loot was in boxes in the NW corner of the castle.....it was a storage house for a store i assume. but yes i looted that all from one house.  had a buddy that looted a zento hok museum on the ground without a soul around. had another friend got a tram castle on Oceania that had pretty much the same thing as mine did and he looted it solo.    u just jelly lol..... but aside from the vet rewards poofing now. i love the new system, there are just more people at them now is the point i was making. i doubt u ever solo loot a house now. which is overall a good thing. it means more people are enjoying that aspect of the game.
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    edited July 2020
    I got an idoc a few days ago, i was only one there, it had 2 barrels. i got one book with 300 5.0 pink scrolls and about 50 not in a book. I got a total of 79 items all pinks or scroll binders with scrolls. There was a bad cheat with some vet rewards so im glad they are gone. if you knew what it was you would be happy also or maybe just mad it was even around.  I think in the long run removing the stacked items will just help some players in uo make gold chopping trees or fishing or mining. 
    people looted better stuff than that solo. that was a fel castle on ice , Oceania. not a soul around.  every bit of that loot was in boxes in the NW corner of the castle.....it was a storage house for a store i assume. but yes i looted that all from one house.  had a buddy that looted a zento hok museum on the ground without a soul around. had another friend got a tram castle on Oceania that had pretty much the same thing as mine did and he looted it solo.    u just jelly lol..... but aside from the vet rewards poofing now. i love the new system, there are just more people at them now is the point i was making. i doubt u ever solo loot a house now. which is overall a good thing. it means more people are enjoying that aspect of the game.
    lol yes. very Jelly! and also pissed that we will not see days like that again :(
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    i think its a decent tradeoff (ideally i wouldnt have idoc loot at all, but rather store it to encourage someone to re-activate)

stuff has built up for over 20 years.  its hurt alot of intended gameplay, because its so cheap to just buy some things, why would someone ever play the game to get those items?

example:
    imbue mats were initially a decent way for a mid-level player to play the game to farm them to make some gold.  then there was a huge duper castle idoc on europa.  imbue mats flooded the market, and no one bothered to farm them ever again because it wasnt worth the time.

gathering profession will be useful again (mining, lumberjacking, etc) as more and more resources get deleted from idocs.

Vet rewards should be something to look forward to, and encourage subscriptions.  I havent claimed a vet reward (other than shard shields) in years, because it just wasnt worth it.

Now with those prices going up, im much more likely to actually claim a reward from my own account.   thats the intent of vet rewards, not to buy them for next to nothing.

I dont think we'll ever have an idoc system that pleases everyone, but when you look at game design, and motives for items, the current system is a step in the right direction.