High Sea's wish list

1. Sea based champ spawn
2. new sea based skills
Ship Builder allows the crafting of custom ships sail color etc
Sailor increased ship speed
Gunner increased damage faster loading
3. fishing , Fishing itself is perfect IMO but the monger quest needs fixing
do away with no names and more variety in orders i shouldn't have 100 of some and struggle fshing up the same others over and over
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The fact that Jolly Roger had practically nothing to do with the actual name was disappointing, I have no faith that High Seas will get any more boosts.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
     I have no faith that High Seas will get any more boosts.

I agree. I've been waiting since before the taming revamp for the traps to stack when emptied and for the bait suit (and bait honestly) to actually work. I haven't used the traps for a few months but I'm guessing next time I do, I won't be in for any surprises.

Of course, they will say the cannon firing rework was a high seas update. While it was nice, what this fisher woman reallly reallly wants is for the #$^#^# traps to stack when emptied! I lay out 100 traps at a time and pull pack in at least 75 of them. Grabbing them one by one and stacking them to reuse takes so much time and clicking.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think we need a slightly better method of summoning Scalis etc... It's so hard to get ancient SOS and then 1/4 to summon one.

And RNG again after buying white fish nets and killing 100s of Scalis... collected alot of ropes. Mastery is pathetic and not a single small soulforge which is what I was after. 

None of the high seas boss are attractive to spend the time sailing and getting them. Just my opinion.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited July 2020
    What I would like to see is :

1) - Finally the Reputation Loyalty with the Fishmonger displayed along with all of the other Template's Reputations (Town, Ophidians, Terathans etc. etc.)

2) - To see being a legendary Fisherman be really meaningfull and worth the heavy work and time investment that it takes to get to 120.0 Fishing skill.... 

Check out these Threads in this regards....

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3591/rising-tide-so-far-only-has-ship-to-ship-combat-no-fishing-new-content-improvements

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3718/legendary-fisherman-worth-the-trouble

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/2900/fishing-revamp-and-more-suggestion

3) - Lastly, I would LOVE to see it finally possible again to turn in Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks to give Points towards CLEANUP BRITANNIA Rewards

Check out this Thread in that regard .... https://forum.uo.com/discussion/5478/can-we-please-get-fishmongers-quests-order-of-the-dragonfish-handbooks-to-give-cleanup-points .

Oh I forgot - make it easier to drop stuff in the hold!!!
    Marge said:

There is a "center" spot at the hold for the Orc ship, just drop stuff there an it goes into the hold.

If you drop them around the "center", then it will stay on top of the hold instead.

I am not sure if it works on other ships.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Marge said:

I agree. I've been waiting since before the taming revamp for the traps to stack when emptied and for the bait suit (and bait honestly) to actually work. I haven't used the traps for a few months but I'm guessing next time I do, I won't be in for any surprises.

Of course, they will say the cannon firing rework was a high seas update. While it was nice, what this fisher woman reallly reallly wants is for the #$^#^# traps to stack when emptied! I lay out 100 traps at a time and pull pack in at least 75 of them. Grabbing them one by one and stacking them to reuse takes so much time and clicking.
    So much this they should really be strings or lines of traps(could be various sizes 25,50 etc)
    and not only should it be easier to put things in hold it needs to hold more stones i am not even half way through and my britaina ship at 22188 stones .
    one of the custom ships we should have is a fishing trawler large open hold 40k capacity maybe the ability to use nets for fishing .... 
    also if we could customize and name our tiller man 

ah you might say that i'm a dreamer...
    On the pirate side of things
    static shipping lines (random ships) ship's sail from brit to vesper right? not just a few silly area's this would cut down on the congestion in these area's
    the orc ships should be attacking everyone
    ships should fight back and or run would they really just watch as we blew them up?

Tracking the ability to select don't track other players ship please please please (see note about congestion above ;) )
    McDougle said:
    On the pirate side of things
    static shipping lines (random ships) ship's sail from brit to vesper right? not just a few silly area's this would cut down on the congestion in these area's
    the orc ships should be attacking everyone
    ships should fight back and or run would they really just watch as we blew them up?

Tracking the ability to select don't track other players ship please please please (see note about congestion above ;) )
    Orc ships used to fight back, Kyronix turned that off when he inserted the Easy Button. Making it easier to craft the cannon supplies was enough to bring in new people. 

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Seth said:
    Marge said:

There is a "center" spot at the hold for the Orc ship, just drop stuff there an it goes into the hold.

If you drop them around the "center", then it will stay on top of the hold instead.

Gargoyle ships have a front corner spot that you can use to drop things into the hold.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    McDougle said:
    1. Sea based champ spawn
    2. new sea based skills
    do away with no names and more variety in orders i shouldn't have 100 of some and struggle fshing up the same others over and over
    1. Yes please! 

2. No. People will just make an alt with those skills to support them. 
        Give those bonuses to a skilled fisher, fishing mastery maybe?

3. Scale down the no name crustaceans at higher Fishing skill please

Thank You OP for bringing this up.

Grace said:
    McDougle said:
    1. Sea based champ spawn
    2. new sea based skills
    1. Yes please! 

A fishing mastery would be awesome ! a talisman would rock as well !
    edited July 2020
    McDougle said:
    Grace said:
    McDougle said:
    1. Sea based champ spawn
    2. new sea based skills
    1. Yes please! 

I second this.

1) Also I think it may be nice to have fishing as a skill that can go above the 720. It's a standalone skill with very specific purpose at sea for fishing only. I think it will make fishing activity very popular.

2) The blunder cannons look good, but it has same damage as the cannonade. Could we have special function, e.g. Automatic Reloading. I took 150,000 points to get 6 but for most players would not see the need as it is just cosmetic without any benefits over the cannonade. 

3) Lastly, could be a tinkered item with special recipe for an automatic line connected to the wheel, so that we can have a single panel to control the firing of 6 or 8 cannons.
    This means:
    - We just stand at the wheel like a Captain, and we can activate a Cannon Firing Control Panel.

- We can then control the firing of each of the 5, 7 or 9 cannons of the ship standing just at the location. Other players can play archer, thrower and spells, so they don't have man the cannons.

2) + 3) will be super awesome, something that can we can showoff on Youtube to old players that sea battle can be really fun like Arcade...
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Shouldn't ya all have brought all this up, like last year? The year most of the new content had to do with High Seas? I don't like much of anything High Seas, past or present, so really don't care one way or the other. At this point Id be happy with anything new! I'm rooting for ya! Good luck!
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Grace said:
    McDougle said:
    1. Sea based champ spawn
    2. new sea based skills
    1. Yes please! 

I second this.

1) Also I think it may be nice to have fishing as a skill that can go above the 720. It's a standalone skill with very specific purpose at sea for fishing only. I think it will make fishing activity very popular.

2) The blunder cannons look good, but it has same damage as the cannonade. Could we have special function, e.g. Automatic Reloading. I took 150,000 points to get 6 but for most players would not see the need as it is just cosmetic without any benefits over the cannonade. 

3) Lastly, could be a tinkered item with special recipe for an automatic line connected to the wheel, so that we can have a single panel to control the firing of 6 or 8 cannons.
    This means:
    - We just stand at the wheel like a Captain, and we can activate a Cannon Firing Control Panel.

- We can then control the firing of each of the 5, 7 or 9 cannons of the ship standing just at the location. Other players can play archer, thrower and spells, so they don't have man the cannons.

2) + 3) will be super awesome, something that can we can showoff on Youtube to old players that sea battle can be really fun like Arcade...
    I just noticed that you stole part of my signature and didn't even ask.

edited July 2020
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Grace said:
    McDougle said:
    1. Sea based champ spawn
    2. new sea based skills
    1. Yes please! 

I second this.

This means:

I just noticed that you stole part of my signature and didn't even ask.

Sorry, may I have your permission to use the top part?
    It is the best signature I have seen in 20 years! Good job!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited July 2020
    jelinidas said:
    Shouldn't ya all have brought all this up, like last year? The year most of the new content had to do with High Seas? I don't like much of anything High Seas, past or present, so really don't care one way or the other. At this point Id be happy with anything new! I'm rooting for ya! Good luck!
    Well, to my understanding, last Year's Event did really little to Fishing.....

There was enhancements done with Plunder Beacons but to Fishing ?

When I tried bringing that up last Year to have Fishing included in the enhancements, I was told by @Kyronix https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/24149/#Comment_24149

Kyronix said:
    Anything fishing related definitely won't be part of Forgotten Treasures (outside of SoS loot).

Beyond that, fishing is a massive system that would eat up a huge amount of whatever publish it was in.  It's definitely on the radar for the next couple publishes, but the scope of it will range somewhere far short of "major revamp".
    What came for Fishing, to my opinion, was underwhelming (a few aquarium fishes, some new drops for Charybdis and Corgul) as it did not really address the real one issue with Fishing that currently exists.... the fact that becoming 120 Legendary Fisherman does not really bring much of an advantage other then being able to make some useless Trophies which hardly anyone wants from some rare fishes...

What I would like to see done for fishing can be found here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/42861/#Comment_42861
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Seth said:
    Marge said:

It shouldn't matter if you hit the center or not, the label comes up so you should be able to use any area where you get that message on the click.  dopey deal to have to open the hold to put anything inside when it's so large.
  • Sir_JermsSir_Jerms Posts: 63
    I would like to see some different sail options.  Jolly Roger sails would be pretty cool

• TchallaTchalla Posts: 24
    A rather minor addition would be to allow us to fly a chosen flag atop the mast. Limit it to one of the towns or virtues (or anit-virtues) or whatever. Just make our ships a bit more unique.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I would like recipes for the trash artifact level items from corgul and scalis. Make leviathan hide bracers and soulbinders ring ect something to get excited about.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    I LOVE fishing, but sailing around the map for 30-40 mins and getting some books which I already have and otherwise are worth nothing... Sorry, I get random rewards are exciting, but the monger quests could really use some tuning. 
    Parnoc said:
    Seth said:
    Marge said:

It shouldn't matter if you hit the center or not, the label comes up so you should be able to use any area where you get that message on the click.  dopey deal to have to open the hold to put anything inside when it's so large.
    I tested and you are right. I recall it's an issue in the past but could be the Brit ship, have to double click to open and could not drop. Maybe they changed this.
    jelinidas said:

We did - and many years before that. If fact, we were told that they would do some fishing fixes before they even did the taming revamp. Then they said they wanted to do taming first and fishing would be next. Kinda still waiting for the next.
    Seth said:
    Marge said:

Orc and Tokuno ships are easier to drop into but the Brit ship is near impossible. For the others, dropping along the edge is better, still can't find the good spot for a Brit ship. (I've never owned a garg ship.)
    edited July 2020
    the edge works fine on garg ship as long as hold is open first ! my Britaina ship at 24k so i had to bring in second ship to hold fish ! plus use com deeds ! we need a fishing trawler !! with big open 80k hold in middle !
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I have lost interest in fishing, did a few (over 2000) quests, got most of what I wanted, loved it while I was doing it but after a while it's a drag to turn in one of the rare giant orders and get a crappy hook reward.  I seem to have horrible luck getting high end baits, in all my orders, I have received 4 Charybdis baits, but I have got several 120 PS's.  Sure would be nice if they would only put in some new rewards to get us back fishing tho.